ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Rookies (Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet & Jerome Robinson)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Re: The Clippers select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson 

Post#261 » by Clemenza » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm

SGA is starting to put it together fellas :o

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Shai's March to Stardom 

Post#262 » by Ranma » Wed Apr 3, 2019 7:14 am

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#263 » by Vae Victus » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:27 am

If the Logo wants a Kawhi/KD/AD super trifecta.... i think the Clippers youth have played their way into having serious value due to them having 3 more dirt cheap years left.

Shai has grown TREMENDOUSLY the past few months as his role increased and i feel that stakes got higher as the team decided to go for it instead of tanking post trade deadline.

Shai + Shamet + MIA 2021 FRP + PHI 2020 prot FRP is a damn juicy package and i'd honestly say it beats a Tatum (only 2 cheap years left) headlined package but not Zion (his potential is too tantalizing and 4 years).

Edit: Sadly Jerome Robinson has been a bust, but hey, you cant win em all
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#264 » by simon24 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 6:04 am

Vae Victus wrote:If the Logo wants a Kawhi/KD/AD super trifecta.... i think the Clippers youth have played their way into having serious value due to them having 3 more dirt cheap years left.

Shai has grown TREMENDOUSLY the past few months as his role increased and i feel that stakes got higher as the team decided to go for it instead of tanking post trade deadline.

Shai + Shamet + MIA 2021 FRP + PHI 2020 prot FRP is a damn juicy package and i'd honestly say it beats a Tatum (only 2 cheap years left) headlined package but not Zion (his potential is too tantalizing and 4 years).

Edit: Sadly Jerome Robinson has been a bust, but hey, you cant win em all

I wouldn't trust AD in LA unless Kyrie was one of the max guys. If no Kyrie, keep SGA, Shamet and the picks.

I'd think BOS' package if Kyrie stays, Smart/Brown/Tatum, '19/'20 MEM 1st, '19 SAC 1st, '19 BOS 1st is better. Now if Kyrie leaves BOS, I think BOS stops their AD pursuit and you'd have to worry about NY who could offer DSJ/Trier/Knox/Robinson, the multiple DAL 1sts and their own 1st this year.

If it was up to me, I'd swing for two max guys but if only one comes I'd keep Gallo and if nobody comes I'd bank on SGA, Shamet and Robinson having a 2nd year leap and resign Zubac and Bev while keep an eye on disgruntled superstars who are FAs in '21 who may want to move and try to sign 2 max guys next summer.
Ranma
RealGM

All-Rookie Campaigns 

Post#265 » by Ranma » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:06 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Shai's Learning Curve 

Post#266 » by Ranma » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#267 » by esqtvd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:56 pm

FTR--Basketball Reference has Shai playing PG about half the time this regular season and only 28% of the time in Game 1 of the playoffs. That stat at BR is not entirely reliable, but I wouldn't call Shai a true PG just yet.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gilgesh01.html

Doc's done a nice job [IMO] bringing Shai along slowly, unlike, say, Trey Young, who got the weight of an entire franchise dumped on his back.

Win Shares

Trey 3.3
Shai 3.3

:wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#268 » by Clemenza » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:20 am

The kids are growing up fast ya'll. Shai and Sham late in the 4th. Just think where they're going to be next season after playoff experience like this
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#269 » by esqtvd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:58 am

16.5 Landry Shamet makes 27-foot three pointer (Shai Gilgeous-Alexander assists) 133 - 131

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#270 » by esqtvd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am

who sez Doc won't play rooks
just gotta have the right stuff
Doc don't do scholarships
this is the bigtime

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#271 » by QRich3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:02 am

Yeah, Shai and Sham were playing like 10 year vets down the stretch there. We have two long term starters there, just need to get a couple more and build some depth from about the same age and we're pretty set to compete for a long time. Don't have that top 5 player cornerstone, but we're building perfectly all the very solid pieces you'd need around a guy like that.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#272 » by mkwest » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:40 pm

25 Years After Winning a Title as a Rookie, Sam Cassell Shares his Wisdom With the Young Clippers

“I remember after the game, Vernon [Maxwell] and Kenny [Smith] were crying,” Cassell says. “I was looking at them and thinking, ‘What’s wrong with you boys?’ I didn’t respect the journey because I had won a championship my first season.”

The Rockets repeated as champions in 1995, but Cassell didn’t fully appreciate winning a title until being a part of the 2008 Boston Celtics, coached by current Clippers bench boss, Doc Rivers.

“That experience was different for me; we were a hungry veteran team that knew how hard it was to win,” Cassell recalls. “Our squad now is so young. I try to tell the young fellas not to take being in the playoffs for granted.”

”[Tomjanovich] let me go play. He trusted a rookie to run his ball club,” Cassell says. “A lot of coaches don’t have that kind of confidence in a rookie, to have that trust in a young player to run his team, but Doc does. That’s why you’re seeing Shai and Landry excel.”

“I tell them [Gilgeous-Alexander and Shamet] that they’re here for a reason. They’re damn good players who will continue to evolve their game,” Cassell said about the pair of talented rookies. “If they stay consistent and confident, the sky is the limit for both of them.”

Jas Kang, ClipsNation
Ranma
RealGM

Shamet Shirts (Limited Time) 

Post#273 » by Ranma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Ranma
RealGM

Poise Under Pressure 

Post#274 » by Ranma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Ranma
RealGM

Sham-Wow! 

Post#275 » by Ranma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#276 » by mkwest » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:20 am

Read on Twitter
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach

Post#277 » by Vae Victus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:29 am

I'm still in awe at how Clippers still have 3 dirt cheap years of SEGA and Shamet then their RFA rights right after. If JRobinson becomes worth a damn next year, the Clippers backcourt future looks so damn bright.

I'm honestly still in utter disbelief and how much loot the Logo was able to rake in that deadline deal.

SEGA has had a nice playoff showing. His trade value has most def went up, giving the Clippers more options in how they want to conduct their FA and future roster building.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#278 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Vae Victus wrote:I'm still in awe at how Clippers still have 3 dirt cheap years of SEGA and Shamet then their RFA rights right after. If JRobinson becomes worth a damn next year, the Clippers backcourt future looks so damn bright.

I'm honestly still in utter disbelief and how much loot the Logo was able to rake in that deadline deal.

SEGA has had a nice playoff showing. His trade value has most def went up, giving the Clippers more options in how they want to conduct their FA and future roster building.

Even the 'throwaway' type guys (Green and Temple) had a big impact on the team, and obviously Zubac as well (who we got for a throwaway guy LOL.)
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach

Post#279 » by Vae Victus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Ah yea, how can i forget Zubac (Green and Temple i dont bother mentioninig since theyll be renounced and highly unlikely to be brought back). Zubac in his RFA year and will be kept if some team doesnt throw a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) offer at him. Hell if a team really wants to steal him, they should be throwing a decent offer at him, filled with poison pills, right off the bat when FA starts. Thereby giving the Clips less time to maneuver for their 2 superstar max FA plan. Which obviously should be Plan A (Kawhi + KD).

It's nice that the Clips have a young C that can grow alongside their youth.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#280 » by Clemenza » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 am

SGA has the point guard position sewed up for years to come. He's not going anywhere. Shamet is a stud and it looks like we've found JRob's game. He's not really a catch n shoot guy. He needs the ball in his hands to create when needed. He's perfect for us when the offense comes to a crawl, like its been numerous times against the Warriors- cause he can break a opponent down off the dribble and either dish it to the open man or take the shot himself. He could possibly replace Lou Will someday soon. Plus his defense, as well as SGA and Shamet, are being excellent on the defensive end as well.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers