ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#81 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
NotACat wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
While Bol is agile for his size, he doesn't come close to The Freak's athleticism.

Very similar to Bamba, taller and skinnier. Has better ball/perimeter skills, Bama is better inside/reb.blk and motor.

I'd prefer a wing shooter of some sort, but he could be BPA.
I like NAW and Herro.

I don't think the argument is for his athleticism, it's about his ability to be a top player in league potentially. He shot making and creation from the perimeter at his size and length is nearly unheard of (KD being the lone outlier). If his body develops properly, he could be an absolute force in today's NBA. I personally don't think he'll make it past Atlanta.

I like NAW and Herro as well. I don't think Herro has a chance to be drafted by us due to size. If we can't land NAW, I'm going to guess we end up with THT
Bamba....motor?

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

Have you read the write ups on Bol? HUGE questions about his desire.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Post#82 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 pm

My personal rankings by position...

Point Guards
1. Ja Morant
2. Darius Garland
3. Ty Jerome
4. Shamorie Ponds

Shooting Guards
1. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
2. Coby White
3. Romeo Langford
4. Keldon Johnson

Small Forwards
1. RJ Barrett
2. Jarrett Culver
3. Talen Horton-Tucker
4. DeAndre Hunter

Power Forwards
1. Zion Williamson
2. Grant Williams
3. Nicholas Claxton
4. Brandon Clarke

Centers
1. Goga Bitadze
2. Jaxson Hayes
3. Bol Bol
4. Bruno Fernando

Players I'm higher on than most: Nic Claxton, Talen Horton-Tucker, Ty Jerome, Goga Bitadze, Grant Williams

Players I'm lower on than most: Cam Reddish, Nassir Little, Sekou Doumbouya, Kevin Porter Jr., Rui Hachimura
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#83 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Knightro wrote:My personal rankings by position...

Small Forwards
1. RJ Barrett
2. Jarrett Culver
3. Talen Horton-Tucker
4. DeAndre Hunter

Players I'm higher on than most: Nic Claxton, Talen Horton-Tucker, Ty Jerome, Goga Bitadze, Grant Williams

Players I'm lower on than most: Cam Reddish, Nassir Little, Sekou Doumbouya, Kevin Porter Jr., Rui Hachimura

higher on Tucker and Culver than Hunter huh?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#84 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Tucker scares the **** out of me... Super athletic dude but my goodness he can't finish at the rim and he's a poor free throw shooter. He seems extremely raw and if his shot doesn't come around he's another Iwundu.. EFG% of 47, 30% from 3 TS% of 48 and his projected NBA 3 is 33%.

My Top 3 are NAW Keldon Johnson then Herro
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#85 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 pm

tiderulz wrote:higher on Tucker and Culver than Hunter huh?

I like Hunter, but I just don't see a massive upside there. He feels like a high floor, low ceiling prospect. A guy who can step in and contribute, but has clear limitations offensively.

He just doesn't really have the ball handling I want in an older wing. His jumper is pretty good and he's a tough kid, but I worry that he's ultimately a 3&D guy who isn't going to be very good at creating off the bounce.

He's better than Culver and Horton-Tucker *right now*, but frankly he should be. Considering he redshirted a year at UVA, he's three full years older than Horton-Tucker and two full years older than Culver without THAT much more practical experience.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#86 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Knightro wrote:
tiderulz wrote:higher on Tucker and Culver than Hunter huh?

I like Hunter, but I just don't see a massive upside there. He feels like a high floor, low ceiling prospect. A guy who can step in and contribute, but has clear limitations offensively.

He just doesn't really have the ball handling I want in an older wing. His jumper is pretty good and he's a tough kid, but I worry that he's ultimately a 3&D guy who isn't going to be very good at creating off the bounce.

He's better than Culver and Horton-Tucker *right now*, but frankly he should be. Considering he redshirted a year at UVA, he's three full years older than Horton-Tucker and two full years older than Culver without THAT much more practical experience.

really? by all accounts i see, 43% 3 pt shooter, can create off the dribble (not his primary strength, but he can) and top end defender. I agree he has a high floor, but im not sure his ceiling is as limited as you might think. maybe a Danny Granger type of player?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#87 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:16 pm

The more I research the more I believe NAW should be the pick. He reminds me of shai gilgeous-alexander, a playmaker can defend and shoot. Though it seems every prospect I like gets picked right before we pick. Hopefully he's still on the board when we pick.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#88 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:43 pm

tiderulz wrote:really? by all accounts i see, 43% 3 pt shooter, can create off the dribble (not his primary strength, but he can) and top end defender. I agree he has a high floor, but im not sure his ceiling is as limited as you might think. maybe a Danny Granger type of player?

We'll have to agree to disagree on Hunter's ball handling ability. I don't think he's a good dribbler/creator and I think his first step/overall athleticism is also middling.

He's a 3&D guy to me. Obviously there's value in that in the current NBA, but I don't see any sort of star potential whatsoever.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#89 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Solid Snake wrote:The more I research the more I believe NAW should be the pick. He reminds me of shai gilgeous-alexander, a playmaker can defend and shoot. Though it seems every prospect I like gets picked right before we pick. Hopefully he's still on the board when we pick.

I like Alexander-Walker a lot, especially at 16.

Really polished offensive player. Good mix of shooting, ball handling and passing. Quick handed, active defender. He's just not overly athletic which probably limits his overall ceiling, but that's hardly an issue in the middle of the first round.
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#90 » by Magic4champ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:39 am

At 16 Romeo Langford is a smooth player who can initiate an offense and strengthen our bench
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#91 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 am

lol... it's like they keep catching him with that goofy face.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:02 am

Magic4champ wrote:At 16 Romeo Langford is a smooth player who can initiate an offense and strengthen our bench

And possibly be a great starter!!! even as a late lotto pick... he is on my list.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#93 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:03 am

Knightro wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:The more I research the more I believe NAW should be the pick. He reminds me of shai gilgeous-alexander, a playmaker can defend and shoot. Though it seems every prospect I like gets picked right before we pick. Hopefully he's still on the board when we pick.

I like Alexander-Walker a lot, especially at 16.

Really polished offensive player. Good mix of shooting, ball handling and passing. Quick handed, active defender. He's just not overly athletic which probably limits his overall ceiling, but that's hardly an issue in the middle of the first round.

i never considered Paul Pierce athletic, he was just good
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#94 » by Tarheel » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:00 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
Magic4champ wrote:At 16 Romeo Langford is a smooth player who can initiate an offense and strengthen our bench

And possibly be a great starter!!! even as a late lotto pick... he is on my list.

I'd be very happy with with Langford or NAW at 16 - unsure they make it that far but either would be a very good pickup for us IMO
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#95 » by fendilim » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am

yoyojw17 wrote:

lol... it's like they keep catching him with that goofy face.
lol so true.

I think I like this NAW kid.

Great hands, can drive left and right, finish with left hand as well. Good footwork, great length. can create.

Although I think out of all the 3 videos, he seem to only attempted one pullup jumper off the dribbe.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#96 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 am

Man, NAW looks like he is 30, look at that wrinkled face
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#97 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 am

pepe1991 wrote:Man, NAW looks like he is 30, look at that wrinkled face

Embiid looks like an old man too, I would still take him
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#98 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Man, NAW looks like he is 30, look at that wrinkled face

Embiid looks like an old man too, I would still take him

Oden looked like he served 50 years in afganistan on draft night :lol:

i would take NAW as well, but he does look old :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#99 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:08 pm

NotACat wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
NotACat wrote:I don't think the argument is for his athleticism, it's about his ability to be a top player in league potentially. He shot making and creation from the perimeter at his size and length is nearly unheard of (KD being the lone outlier). If his body develops properly, he could be an absolute force in today's NBA. I personally don't think he'll make it past Atlanta.

I like NAW and Herro as well. I don't think Herro has a chance to be drafted by us due to size. If we can't land NAW, I'm going to guess we end up with THT
Bamba....motor?

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

If Bamba was viewed as an elite prospect because of his defensive potential and any offense you get (other than as a roller) is a bonus, than Bol is the total opposite.
I must of quoted the wrong post or it was edited....because someone mentioned his motor. My point is he doesn’t have a motor. Not yet anyway.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Tarheel wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

I'd be very happy with with Langford or NAW at 16 - unsure they make it that far but either would be a very good pickup for us IMO

agreed. for guards... if we can grab Langford, NAW, Kevin Porter or Okpala…. I would be pretty satisfied with the draft. :-)

Return to Orlando Magic