Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,851

Re: NBA Playoffs Rd 1 Game 5: Nets @ Sixers 8:00pm 

Post#181 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:44 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Do we renounce D Lo if we have two max stars willing to come here?

The Nets aren't renouncing Russell. I know we're pissed right now, but lets be realistic.
So you're saying that even if two max stars indicate that they're willing to team up here, you would say no, and keep Russell?

No, I'm saying the chances of that scenario happening are slim to none.

also, if a max player is even thinking about coming here, its to play with what Brooklyn has right now. The Nets don't have enough room to offer two max slots even if Russell gets dumped.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#182 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
I don't think he's worth a full max. We need to sign him to an amount where we still have flexibility. He signs a huge max offer sheet, that's a nightmare scenario.

Allen is still young, so it's early to tell but he needs to bulk up. This off-season is huge for his development.

We need to draft size.

Do everything to bring back Davis. Carroll and Dudley are totally expendable imo.
Do we renounce D Lo if we have two max stars willing to come here?

No, unless there is a guarantee that we get KD and Kyrie. (They prob choose the Knix over us tho)
I don't understand why they would pick the Knicks over us if they could team up here. We have the better roster, better management, less pressure.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#183 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Low key excited about Rodi's development. Dude has the right mentality to be a borderline star.

If he can get stronger and cut down on his rookie mistakes, he will be tough to deal with.

Rodi will be fine. Good health is probably all that separates him from improving, he's got the tools and a good frame to be either a SF/PF on this roster for years to come.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,583

Post#184 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I would too tbh. but hey Yanks have won 4 straight.

When Boone got thrown out against the Royals, my friend, who hates Boone even more than I do for being Mr. Analytics, texted me "Do you think he yelled at the umpire in binary?"

Yanks need to fire their conditioning staff though.

Boone probably had the numbers crunchers calculate the probability of the game's outcome if he were to be kicked out in a particular inning.

:lol: you're mad about that oblique strain huh

That too, but the starting C, 3B, SS, CF, RF, and DH along with the team's ace and setup. How :censored: up is that?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#185 » by DarkXaero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
The Nets aren't renouncing Russell. I know we're pissed right now, but lets be realistic.
So you're saying that even if two max stars indicate that they're willing to team up here, you would say no, and keep Russell?

also, if a max player is even thinking about coming here, its to play with what Brooklyn has right now. The Nets don't have enough room to offer two max slots even if Russell gets dumped.
I'm not talking about the chances of it happening. This is hypothetical, but its a scenario that you have to be ready for. Pretty sure we'd need to dump Crabbe + renounce D Lo to make room, and maybe we'd still be slightly short, but it could be possible.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#186 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Low key excited about Rodi's development. Dude has the right mentality to be a borderline star.

If he can get stronger and cut down on his rookie mistakes, he will be tough to deal with.

Rodi will be fine. Good health is probably all that separates him from improving, he's got the tools and a good frame to be either a SF/PF on this roster for years to come.

Can't forget about Musa too. Think he'll be sent to Summer League?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#187 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:50 am

Kyrie isn't leaving Boston. Thats a really good team and I think they will make the Finals this year.

KD would be a fool to go to the Knicks without any talent. Coming here makes perfect sense.

But still probably won't happen. He'd rather just go to the Bricks and play with Kevin Knox.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#188 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:50 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
When Boone got thrown out against the Royals, my friend, who hates Boone even more than I do for being Mr. Analytics, texted me "Do you think he yelled at the umpire in binary?"

Yanks need to fire their conditioning staff though.

Boone probably had the numbers crunchers calculate the probability of the game's outcome if he were to be kicked out in a particular inning.

That too, but the starting C, 3B, SS, CF, RF, and DH along with the team's ace and setup. How :censored: up is that?

Dudes have got tommy john injuries and strained backs/calves :lol:

I think Greg Bird's injury is like the only one where you can't really blame a trainer, plantar isn't something you can really prevent unless I'm wrong.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#189 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

People forget about Musa. I think hes gonna be nice.

Could possibly be a stretch 4 if he can keep shooting well.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#190 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:54 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Musa should definitely play SL (Rodi should as well). I expect Musa to fight for a rotation spot next season.

Everyone else needs to hit the weight room and then work on individual improvement. Russell needs to develop some more tools in his offensive moveset/continue to improve his shooting, LeVert needs to keep working on his jumper as well. Russell could use some more muscle, I think LeVert is developing fine physically.

Joe needs to see the damn shrink.

Allen needs to be force fed carbs.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#191 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:55 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

People forget about Musa. I think hes gonna be nice.

Could possibly be a stretch 4 if he can keep shooting well.

I know he's 6ft 9 but he plays much more like a SF than a 4.

Kurucs is much more suited to be a 4.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#192 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:So you're saying that even if two max stars indicate that they're willing to team up here, you would say no, and keep Russell?

I'm not talking about the chances of it happening. This is hypothetical, but its a scenario that you have to be ready for. Pretty sure we'd need to dump Crabbe + renounce D Lo to make room, and maybe we'd still be slightly short, but it could be possible.

well yeah i'm sure if that were to happen, they'd have to do that. It would seem like a real waste to lose Russell for nothing though.

LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#193 » by LKIRNets » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 am

Just want to tell yall it's been a great season. We made strides, the future is bright. No matter what fights we had we here and this team did improve.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#194 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:56 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Dudes have got tommy john injuries and strained backs/calves :lol:

I think Greg Bird's injury is like the only one where you can't really blame a trainer, plantar isn't something you can really prevent unless I'm wrong.

Yanks just seem like they can't be and won't stay healthy these last two seasons. For the record, I've pretty much all, but given up on Bird. I'm not even entirely sold on Voit, but yeah I think Bird is cooked (buh-dum-tss).
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#195 » by bws94 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 am

Nets now know that there are holes to fill. Bigs. Need better bigs. But congrats to the team for winning a game in the playoffs against a tough opponent.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#196 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 am

LKIRNets wrote:Just want to tell yall it's been a great season. We made strides, the future is bright. No matter what fights we had we here and this team did improve.

It was a wild ass ride man.

LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#197 » by LKIRNets » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:Just want to tell yall it's been a great season. We made strides, the future is bright. No matter what fights we had we here and this team did improve.

It was a wild ass ride man.

that it was.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#198 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:05 am

Great season everyone.

Looking forward to some lively off season discussion.

I have no ill will towards the Sixers and will probably be rooting for them to make the Finals.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#199 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Great season everyone.

Looking forward to some lively off season discussion.

I have no ill will towards the Sixers and will probably be rooting for them to make the Finals.

I won't be rooting for the Sixers, or anyone really, but I will be hoping for good basketball from them and everyone else. No ill will from me either.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#200 » by IceManBK1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 am

Disappointing way to end the season with an abysmal performance starting from dlo. Hope he takes the blame for the cold shooting and come back stronger and better nxt season. Nets need a major overhaul with their roster. They need to get bigger and more physical. Eager to see what kinda moves nets gonna make and who they gonna draft.

Return to Brooklyn Nets