ImageImageImageImage

What should Orlando do with Vuc?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

What to do with Vuc after the season?

Sign him at all cost
19%
Sign him only for the right price
46%
Let him walk it is time to let Me Bamba grow
20%
Try to sign and trade him
10%
Sign Vuc and trade Mo Bamba
4%

Total votes: 125

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Re: What should Orlando do with Vuc? 

Post#201 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 pm

pepe1991 wrote:You can't sign and trade somebody without him giving green light to trade.
So not only that return would be smaller salary player, it would also have to to a team he wants to go.

Exactly. And I think you can't SnT a player for another SnT player (Kemba, Klay, KD...). If we SnT him, expect a trade for a 2nd round pick or something like this.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#202 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:23 pm

I really want to give Birch a shot at starter minutes and shift the offense responsibility to Issac Gordon. It’s unfortunate but I don’t want to do 20+ million for 4 years for the least important position in the league and one where we have two very cost controlled alternatives. Keep our cap flexibility for another year or so to sign the wing guard offensive player we desperately need
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#203 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:I really want to give Birch a shot at starter minutes and shift the offense responsibility to Issac Gordon. It’s unfortunate but I don’t want to do 20+ million for 4 years for the least important position in the league and one where we have two very cost controlled alternatives. Keep our cap flexibility for another year or so to sign the wing guard offensive player we desperately need

offense responsibility to Issac Gordon

:o :-?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#204 » by MAGICian619 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Vooch has to have lost money this postseason?? Maybe we will be able to keep him at a more reasonable price than we expected a few weeks ago.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#205 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:26 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:Vooch has to have lost money this postseason?? Maybe we will be able to keep him at a more reasonable price than we expected a few weeks ago.

Would say that Vooch has lost money in terms of our valuation but other teams with options 1 & 2 possibly 3 already set and have 20+M in Cap Space might see Vuc as the perfect piece to add.

IMO this makes it harder for Vuc to stay in Orlando because we will now likely not come even close to what other teams will over and it will be a no brainer for him to go. I'm talking like Magic could offer something like 3 year 45-55M deal and another team come in at 4 year 85-90M deal. I really don't see Magic offering anything longer than 3 years and could even see that 3rd year be a team or player option.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#206 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Sign him to a 3 year deal. It'd be hard to replace his 20 PPG unless Fultz comes back in some sort of All-Star form. I'd hate to see this team regress after tasting the playoffs. If we do let him go for some reason (max money demand?), I'd like to go after a guy like Harrell, who I think could fill out a nice center rotation with Birch and Bamba.
Do not max Vuc!
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#207 » by nymets1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

I think or I thought the Magic were done with VUC last year or maybe before that, They were unable to find a trade partner so the Magic had to be professional about it and still start him with starter minutes. Of course the Magic were able to professional about it during the regular season cause he performed during the regular season. But he came up very small in the playoff series against the Raptors which is further proof he should be gone. They definetly can't bring him back now that he came up very small in the playoffs.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#208 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:Sign him to a 3 year deal. It'd be hard to replace his 20 PPG unless Fultz comes back in some sort of All-Star form. I'd hate to see this team regress after tasting the playoffs. If we do let him go for some reason (max money demand?), I'd like to go after a guy like Harrell, who I think could fill out a nice center rotation with Birch and Bamba.

Montrezl Harrell? He's not a free agent and I doubt clippers are looking to move him... he's breaking out with 19 ppg on 12 fga in only 26 minutes since tobias was traded.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 837

Post#209 » by I Rasharted » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#210 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:50 am

I wouldn't even throw an offer at him. Dead serious
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#211 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 am

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:I wouldn't even throw an offer at him. Dead serious

Alex Martins might have a max contract ready.

The revenue from 2 extra games every season! Who cares about winning!!
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#212 » by Skin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 am

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:I wouldn't even throw an offer at him. Dead serious

Sounds like the forum is starting to catch onto our campaign! :D
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#213 » by NotACat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Orlando Drive Time's latest podcast had John Hammond on, copy pasting the recap from reddit below, link to thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrlandoMagic/comments/bh2qjf/4242019_magic_drive_time_with_john_hammond/

I bolded the significant part with the upcoming FA of Ross and Vuc

Spoiler:
Appreciates the effort that the team gave throughout the season. Points that we dug a hole and managed to bring ourselves out of that. Gave Cliff and our staff a ton of credit for that as well.

The first game win gave the series a real sense of purpose. We lost control of that and it was a very difficult match-up on the court and on paper. You walk of the court that night and into the locker room and you have an appreciation of the team and the effort they put forth but also an awakening how much work you have to do to make the organization they want to become.

People always talk about how much different the playoffs are but it's just that we matched up with the 2nd seed and the series reflected that.

Points out that they have multiple All-Star players on the team and thats why they're still playing right now. Nothing to be discouraged about but its just the reality. Points to the 17 win swing and said thats not easy to do. When you have a chance to reflect what the players and the coaching staff did was remarkable.

John Hammond emphasized that saying the Magic are back is too premature. There's a bunch of difficult decisions to make this summer. It's not about making the playoffs, it was a good step, but they have aspirations to be a much better team. Wants the team to be more than a 7th seed and to be a team that's able to fight for home court advantage.

Emphasized that both Terrence Ross and Nikola Vucevic are both unrestricted free agents and that they have their own decisions to make. They know how the Magic feel about them and how important they are to the Magic. It's a business they have to stay open minded in regards to that.

Said that Mo is in good shape and that his main goal is to get bigger, better, and stronger next year. Continue to for him and Isaac to gain strength. With Markelle getting him comfortable, getting him back on the floor, getting him back in playing shape. Being around Markelle and in conversations with him, he wants to be part of something special here, and he knows what kind of opportunities there is ahead of him here. All three of them, Isaac, Bamba, and Markelle, all need to have good productive summers for the Magic. Everyone on the team knows that they have to do to keep their jobs, keep their value up, and how to win in the league.

(On Markelle) Being around the team was great. Not only being around the team but to be around the coaching staff. To see how things are done, how things are done on both ends offensively and defensively. Super important along with connecting with our players. He's excited, he wants this to work. We need this to work for him since he's a key critical player for as we move forward.

(On Jeff Weltman and Steve Clifford) Jeff is someone he worked over 40? years with now. Extremely bright, hard worker, high character, kind of person we want to lead this organization. They have a ton of experience working in the league and what it takes to succeed organizationally. Jeff has done a great job in terms of that. Taking in Markelle into our organization and able to support him with the needs he has right now. Alex Martins and the DeVos family has not said no to anything Jeff has asked for. A lot of it has to do with hiring people and making the staff grow. We can bring in Markelle and we have multiple people to help not only him but other players on our roster from a medical standpoint, performance standpoint, strength and conditioning standpoint, off-court player development, on-court player development. The culture is there to do that. Gives Steve Clifford a ton of credit. Look at the players on the roster, of course the 17 game win improvement, but can we win this year. Did say we did have a relatively healthy season and that contributed to that. Can players step up and have overachieving seasons. Said did people think Vooch would have an All-Star season? Probably not at the beginning of the season. Did people think Terrence Ross would have a 6th man season worthy season? Did people think that DJ Augustin, who had spent the majority of his career on the bench, step up and being a starter? Gave Cliff huge credit for that.

To me, the Ross and Vuc comment makes it clear that we'd ideally like them both back, but there's no chance we're overpaying for them.
Black Lives Matter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#214 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:45 pm

NotACat wrote:Orlando Drive Time's latest podcast had John Hammond on, copy pasting the recap from reddit below, link to thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrlandoMagic/comments/bh2qjf/4242019_magic_drive_time_with_john_hammond/

Spoiler:
Appreciates the effort that the team gave throughout the season. Points that we dug a hole and managed to bring ourselves out of that. Gave Cliff and our staff a ton of credit for that as well.

The first game win gave the series a real sense of purpose. We lost control of that and it was a very difficult match-up on the court and on paper. You walk of the court that night and into the locker room and you have an appreciation of the team and the effort they put forth but also an awakening how much work you have to do to make the organization they want to become.

People always talk about how much different the playoffs are but it's just that we matched up with the 2nd seed and the series reflected that.

Points out that they have multiple All-Star players on the team and thats why they're still playing right now. Nothing to be discouraged about but its just the reality. Points to the 17 win swing and said thats not easy to do. When you have a chance to reflect what the players and the coaching staff did was remarkable.

John Hammond emphasized that saying the Magic are back is too premature. There's a bunch of difficult decisions to make this summer. It's not about making the playoffs, it was a good step, but they have aspirations to be a much better team. Wants the team to be more than a 7th seed and to be a team that's able to fight for home court advantage.

Emphasized that both Terrence Ross and Nikola Vucevic are both unrestricted free agents and that they have their own decisions to make. They know how the Magic feel about them and how important they are to the Magic. It's a business they have to stay open minded in regards to that.

Said that Mo is in good shape and that his main goal is to get bigger, better, and stronger next year. Continue to for him and Isaac to gain strength. With Markelle getting him comfortable, getting him back on the floor, getting him back in playing shape. Being around Markelle and in conversations with him, he wants to be part of something special here, and he knows what kind of opportunities there is ahead of him here. All three of them, Isaac, Bamba, and Markelle, all need to have good productive summers for the Magic. Everyone on the team knows that they have to do to keep their jobs, keep their value up, and how to win in the league.

(On Markelle) Being around the team was great. Not only being around the team but to be around the coaching staff. To see how things are done, how things are done on both ends offensively and defensively. Super important along with connecting with our players. He's excited, he wants this to work. We need this to work for him since he's a key critical player for as we move forward.

(On Jeff Weltman and Steve Clifford) Jeff is someone he worked over 40? years with now. Extremely bright, hard worker, high character, kind of person we want to lead this organization. They have a ton of experience working in the league and what it takes to succeed organizationally. Jeff has done a great job in terms of that. Taking in Markelle into our organization and able to support him with the needs he has right now. Alex Martins and the DeVos family has not said no to anything Jeff has asked for. A lot of it has to do with hiring people and making the staff grow. We can bring in Markelle and we have multiple people to help not only him but other players on our roster from a medical standpoint, performance standpoint, strength and conditioning standpoint, off-court player development, on-court player development. The culture is there to do that. Gives Steve Clifford a ton of credit. Look at the players on the roster, of course the 17 game win improvement, but can we win this year. Did say we did have a relatively healthy season and that contributed to that. Can players step up and have overachieving seasons. Said did people think Vooch would have an All-Star season? Probably not at the beginning of the season. Did people think Terrence Ross would have a 6th man season worthy season? Did people think that DJ Augustin, who had spent the majority of his career on the bench, step up and being a starter? Gave Cliff huge credit for that.

To me, the Ross and Vuc comment makes it clear that we'd ideally like them both back, but there's no chance we're overpaying for them.

makes me think both TRoss and Vuc already know what Orlando values them at and it will come down to what other offers they get.

Another point that was interesting " John Hammond emphasized that saying the Magic are back is too premature. There's a bunch of difficult decisions to make this summer. It's not about making the playoffs, it was a good step, but they have aspirations to be a much better team. Wants the team to be more than a 7th seed and to be a team that's able to fight for home court advantage."

Jeff and John are not going to dyck ride 1 playoff appearance and screw over the next 3/4 years by overpaying.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#215 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:37 pm

OrlandO wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:Sign him to a 3 year deal. It'd be hard to replace his 20 PPG unless Fultz comes back in some sort of All-Star form. I'd hate to see this team regress after tasting the playoffs. If we do let him go for some reason (max money demand?), I'd like to go after a guy like Harrell, who I think could fill out a nice center rotation with Birch and Bamba.

Montrezl Harrell? He's not a free agent and I doubt clippers are looking to move him... he's breaking out with 19 ppg on 12 fga in only 26 minutes since tobias was traded.

I think he's obtainable through trade. There's nothing that proves he's not. :dontknow:
Do not max Vuc!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#216 » by j-ragg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:59 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

I think he's obtainable through trade. There's nothing that proves he's not. :dontknow:

Right now he’s the best contract in the nba non-rookie scale. I’d love to have him but they wouldn’t deal him unless it was in a package for a star imo.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#217 » by NavalAviator94 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:17 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
NotACat wrote:Orlando Drive Time's latest podcast had John Hammond on, copy pasting the recap from reddit below, link to thread:

Spoiler:

makes me think both TRoss and Vuc already know what Orlando values them at and it will come down to what other offers they get.

Another point that was interesting " John Hammond emphasized that saying the Magic are back is too premature. There's a bunch of difficult decisions to make this summer. It's not about making the playoffs, it was a good step, but they have aspirations to be a much better team. Wants the team to be more than a 7th seed and to be a team that's able to fight for home court advantage."

Jeff and John are not going to dyck ride 1 playoff appearance and screw over the next 3/4 years by overpaying.

That's the one thing we can't do. The other point we've all taken a little for granted is our health this year. Health was really our 6th man as it allowed these guys to play together and progress as the season went on. We know that isn't always going to be the case which means our depth also has to be a priority.

I don't envy them right now. This is going to be a very complicated summer to maneuver through.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#218 » by orthoman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Vucevic was destroyed against the Raptors...he is too slow and methodical.

I, like others,, feel the Magic should let him walk.

We could get a cheap, experienced center to mentor Bamba for next season; then let Bamba take over in his third year.

What a waste of money it would be to resign Vuc. He's a very nice person but should not be in the plans moving forward.
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#219 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:56 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Montrezl Harrell? He's not a free agent and I doubt clippers are looking to move him... he's breaking out with 19 ppg on 12 fga in only 26 minutes since tobias was traded.

Right now he’s the best contract in the nba non-rookie scale. I’d love to have him but they wouldn’t deal him unless it was in a package for a star imo.

I understand, so maybe my comment is a year premature? I'm sure he's looking for a nice pay day after this next season.
Do not max Vuc!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#220 » by j-ragg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:I think he's obtainable through trade. There's nothing that proves he's not. :dontknow:

I understand, so maybe my comment is a year premature? I'm sure he's looking for a nice pay day after this next season.

Yeah not a bad idea. He brings a lot of energy.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Orlando Magic