ImageImageImageImage

What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Mrrags009
Junior
And1: 34

Re: What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season? 

Post#61 » by Mrrags009 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:29 am

Jiwol wrote:Fultz / Augustin / MCW
Beal / Lamb
Isaac / Iwundu
Gordon
Vucevic / Birch

Fournier, Bamba, 16th pick and future frp traded for Beal
I would do this and let Vuc walk just sign dedmon and trade for len

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Re: What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season? 

Post#62 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 pm

I would stay very quiet this summer and keep building on our young core

Renounce Grant
Let Vuc go and try to do a sign and trade to get anything (if Sac r interested we could do Yogi+2nd for Vuc)
Offer a JJ type of deal to Ross==> a Big 1 year deal at 22M and he signs for the MLE the following year with us
Draft BPA at 16
offer a 20/3 to Birch
Keep evan but try to trade him hard in FEB
Sign a SF/PF vet with MLE

PG= Fultz,DJ,Briscoe,Yogi
SG=Evan,Ross,#16
SF=Isaac,FA,frazier
PF=AG,FA
C=Birch,Moe,Moz

Fight Hard for Play off again

Be a Big FA player during summer 2020/2021

Go Magic
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#63 » by Knightro » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:09 pm

cedric76 wrote:PG= Fultz,DJ,Briscoe,Yogi
SG=Evan,Ross,#16
SF=Isaac,FA,frazier
PF=AG,FA
C=Birch,Moe,Moz

Unless Fultz completely returns to form and plays like the No. 1 pick he was, this roster/rotation will win around 30 games at best. Probably more like 25. No chance of the playoffs with this group.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#64 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 pm

There is something to be said in laying low this coming summer.
Clear Ross and Vuc. $17M
Use Moz's expiring $16 M and/or DJs 7M and being under the cap to acquire a star.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#65 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:There is something to be said in laying low this coming summer.
Clear Ross and Vuc. $17M
Use Moz's expiring $16 M and/or DJs 7M and being under the cap to acquire a star.

Which team would trade a star for Moz and DJ's expiring contracts? Washington (Wall)? I really like generic posts...
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#66 » by jayrehme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:19 pm

MoMM wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:There is something to be said in laying low this coming summer.
Clear Ross and Vuc. $17M

Which team would trade a star for Moz and DJ's expiring contracts? Washington (Wall)? I really like generic posts...

They dont have to be traded for cap space... "expiring"
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#67 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm

MoMM wrote:
Clear Ross and Vuc. $17M

It’s generic because we don’t know when a star will get disgruntled but it’s the NBA and it’s going to happen. If we sign Vuc and Ross to the long term deals we lose flexibility. The enemy right now is instant gratification. The future of this team is Gordon Issac Bamba and maybe Fultz. We need to be ready to jump on a scoring guard when it comes available. Let Vuc and Ross walk and keep the flexibility to spend it where it really matters a guard who can shoot and create their own shot.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#68 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
MoMM wrote:
Clear Ross and Vuc. $17M

It’s generic because we don’t know when a star will get disgruntled but it’s the NBA and it’s going to happen. If we sign Vuc and Ross to the long term deals we lose flexibility. The enemy right now is instant gratification. The future of this team is Gordon Issac Bamba and maybe Fultz. We need to be ready to jump on a scoring guard when it comes available. Let Vuc and Ross walk and keep the flexibility to spend it where it really matters a guard who can shoot and create their own shot.

So yes, let's wait for a star wanting out of a team because he is tired of losing and wants to save Orlando because he likes Mickey Mouse. Sounds a good plan.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#69 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:43 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
MoMM wrote:
Clear Ross and Vuc. $17M

Bingo.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#70 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:47 pm

MoMM wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
MoMM wrote:Which team would trade a star for Moz and DJ's expiring contracts? Washington (Wall)? I really like generic posts...

So yes, let's wait for a star wanting out of a team because he is tired of losing and wants to save Orlando because he likes Mickey Mouse. Sounds a good plan.

So, you want to lock in 1st round knockouts this summer for the next 5 years???
We'll have to add to the trade, but being able to take salaries with less going out is a big deal.

I don't know who will be available next year, teams will look to rebuild.
AND like the smart people above said, you don't have to trade, you can keep the cap space.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#71 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:49 pm

I can see why people want to see Vuc go and why some want to keep him.

Important thing here is set facts:

- Vučević can resign and team can still sign somebody in FA for same money they would spend without him , using cap hold.
- IF Vučević and Ross go, team still can't offer max contract to anybody
- Matter of fact max Magic can offer is probably lower than $20M a year
- Kemba Walker's potential max salary per year is $37M
- Kemba can sign MegaMax worth over $220 000 000 with Hornets
- Brogdon is restricted free agent, last 3 players that were lured away from current teams (Hardaway Jr, Crabbe and Tyler Johnson, all got 4 years- $70 000 000 deals)
- Kriss Middleton can still get max contract from Bucks
- Kriss MIddleton can opt in his $13M salary and become FA next year
- sign and trades can't be done without Vučević's permission
- Kevin Durant , Leonard and Irving can spoil FA for everbody by simply opting in another year of current contracts ( probably won't ,but they can)
- In FA this year you have some huge markets ( Lakers, Knicks, CLippers) and not enough good players, expect lot of overpaying for average
- expect Bogdanovic, Mirotic , Randle, T. Harris , Lamb and Brogdon to land nice contracts
- there are some interesting undervalued names like Gay, Barnes, Rozier, JJ Redick , Kanter, Collison but if big time FAs don't change teams, expect them to get also payed more than they normally would.

Can Magic let Vuc and Ross go and shift money into another direction? They can try. But there is no guarantee they will get what they want.

It's hard to tell witch path is "good" and witch one is "bad" and truth is somwhere in a middle, time will tell.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#72 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Knightro wrote:
cedric76 wrote:PG= Fultz,DJ,Briscoe,Yogi
SG=Evan,Ross,#16
SF=Isaac,FA,frazier
PF=AG,FA
C=Birch,Moe,Moz

Unless Fultz completely returns to form and plays like the No. 1 pick he was, this roster/rotation will win around 30 games at best. Probably more like 25. No chance of the playoffs with this group.

That s what you were all saying last year and you were all wrong

You can expect Fultz./ag/isaac/mo to be better than this year

Anyway the goal isn't the win the title next year, the goal is to have a good team with financial flexibility next summer
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#73 » by j-ragg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Yup. We are in a tough spot. I don’t think WeltHam have done much to really earn their paychecks up to this point, so this’ll be a big summer for them.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#74 » by jayrehme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 pm

pepe1991 wrote:I can see why people want to see Vuc go and why some want to keep him.

Important thing here is set facts:

- Vučević can resign and team can still sign somebody in FA for same money they would spend without him , using cap hold.
- IF Vučević and Ross go, team still can't offer max contract to anybody
- Matter of fact max Magic can offer is probably lower than $20M a year
- Kemba Walker's potential max salary per year is $37M
- Kemba can sign MegaMax worth over $220 000 000 with Hornets
- Brogdon is restricted free agent, last 3 players that were lured away from current teams (Hardaway Jr, Crabbe and Tyler Johnson, all got 4 years- $70 000 000 deals)
- Kriss Middleton can still get max contract from Bucks
- Kriss MIddleton can opt in his $13M salary and become FA next year
- sign and trades can't be done without Vučević's permission
- Kevin Durant , Leonard and Irving can spoil FA for everbody by simply opting in another year of current contracts ( probably won't ,but they can)
- In FA this year you have some huge markets ( Lakers, Knicks, CLippers) and not enough good players, expect lot of overpaying for average
- expect Bogdanovic, Mirotic , Randle, T. Harris , Lamb and Brogdon to land nice contracts
- there are some interesting undervalued names like Gay, Barnes, Rozier, JJ Redick , Kanter, Collison but if big time FAs don't change teams, expect them to get also payed more than they normally would.

Can Magic let Vuc and Ross go and shift money into another direction? They can try. But there is no guarantee they will get what they want.

It's hard to tell witch path is "good" and witch one is "bad" and truth is somwhere in a middle, time will tell.

yes, it doesn't help cap space much this summer, due to previous bad contracts signed, but all future summers it would
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#75 » by Knightro » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:37 pm

cedric76 wrote:That s what you were all saying last year and you were all wrong

Anyway the goal isn't the win the title next year, the goal is to have a good team with financial flexibility next summer

Yes, the Magic were a lot better than we all thought this year.

But the reason we were all wrong about them is because Vucevic unexpectedly produced like a top 10 NBA player.

The same guy you're suggesting they get rid of.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#76 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Knightro wrote:

But the reason we were all wrong about them is because Vucevic unexpectedly produced like a top 10 NBA player.

Vuc had a great year, yes.
But Ross bounced back, DJ over performed and J.I. got a lot better during the season. Vuc doesn't get all the credit.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#77 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
MoMM wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:It’s generic because we don’t know when a star will get disgruntled but it’s the NBA and it’s going to happen. If we sign Vuc and Ross to the long term deals we lose flexibility. The enemy right now is instant gratification. The future of this team is Gordon Issac Bamba and maybe Fultz. We need to be ready to jump on a scoring guard when it comes available. Let Vuc and Ross walk and keep the flexibility to spend it where it really matters a guard who can shoot and create their own shot.

So, you want to lock in 1st round knockouts this summer for the next 5 years???.

I'm OK with that, it's better than hope someone really good will fall on our lap.
Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#78 » by Catledge » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Am I right in suspecting that older fans are more averse to tanking and younger fans are more averse to mediocrity? I enjoyed this season quite a bit even though we were only medium-decent, but I suspect I would not have enjoyed it nearly as much when I was a couple decades younger.

In any event, I would choose to keep the core of Vooch, AG, and Isaac, look for opportunities to improve the starting backcourt by moving other pieces (knowing that such opportunities may not arise), and hope to see significant development and health from Isaac, AG, and Fultz. If we can't find ways to improve the backcourt and that youth development isn't successful, we will likely continue to be mediocre for several more years. I can live with that risk/reward situation.

On the other hand, if we intentionally get worse this summer, there is a real good chance that we won't bounce back up to decent or better in a couple of years. There is a significant likelihood that we go back to long-term awful with less lotto reward than there used to be. That is not a risk/reward situation that I would be thrilled with.

I would be willing to take on a contract like Conley's (but not Wall's) if it meant not really giving up major assets, or I would be willing to give up some combo of picks/DJ/Fournier/Mozgov/Bamba for Beal. For Jrue Holiday, I'd give up less, but would still give up something significant outside of the core I mentioned above.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#79 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Knightro wrote:

I wouldnt call it "unexpected". his increase production-wise was incremental, around 1 pt per stat (ppg, rpg, etc).
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#80 » by zaymon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:31 pm

MoMM wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
MoMM wrote:So yes, let's wait for a star wanting out of a team because he is tired of losing and wants to save Orlando because he likes Mickey Mouse. Sounds a good plan.

So, you want to lock in 1st round knockouts this summer for the next 5 years???.

I'm OK with that, it's better than hope someone really good will fall on our lap.

Well if i am not mistaken NBA teams trade human beings and rights to draft human beings . If we dont have any good players who we want to trade for disgrunted star? we cant just absorb their contracts into our cap space. Teams recently want one veteran, one young prospect and draft pick for a star
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic