Damian Lillard Hits 37-Foot Buzzer Beater To Win Series

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Damian Lillard Hits 37-Foot Buzzer Beater To Win Series 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:39 am

The Portland Trail Blazers beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 118-115 after Damian Lillard hit a 37-foot buzzer-beater in game 5 to win the series 4-1. Lillard finished with 50 points while hitting 10-18 from 3. 

Lillard is shooting 8-12 from 30-plus feet, according to Second Spectrum.

"I didn't want to put it into the referee hands. Where if there was contact or maybe they get away with contact or I end up having to take a tougher shot because there was contact and they don't want to decide the game. So I was standing there looking at the rim and I was like this is a comfortable range," said Lillard on his game-winner. 

Lillard added that his 50-point performance was "probably" the best game he's ever played.

"There's been a lot of back and forth, a lot of talk and all this stuff, and that was the last word. That was having the last word," added Lillard.

Paul George, who was defending Lillard on the final possession, said Lillard took a bad shot.

"That's a bad, bad shot. I don't care what anybody says. That's a bad shot. But hey, he made it. That story won't be told that it was a bad shot. We live with that," said George.

Via Royce Young/ESPN

Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Re: Damian Lillard Hits 37-Foot Buzzer Beater To Win Series 

Post#2 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:06 am

Hey PG! Were any of Russ’s buckets bad shots?
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#3 » by FreeBoosie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:08 am

Yet the players and league “experts” continue to not even acknowledge Dame as even a good player smh

www.cbssports.com/nba/news/damian-lillard-disrespect-continues-to-be-an-embarrassment-after-nba-players-all-star-votes-are-revealed/amp/
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#4 » by Starks » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:26 am

Dame has been the most underrated player for a while.

And PG is just butthurt. Talking about bad shots when you got Westbrook on your roster.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,190

Post#5 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm

The performance of Damian Lillard during this playoff makes me rethink the clinch conversion between him and Kyrie.
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#6 » by EggIsCooling » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:23 pm

My hat's off to him... Dude is locked in all series...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Russ is Russ
Playoff P is half the player of regular season P

get over it...

Lilliard hit the same shot he finished the series with , in the opening possession of game 1.

Next time you hit a game winner after hitting a game winner after hitting a walk off game winner don't be surprised if they start calling you DL
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#8 » by Jcity08 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:59 pm

That shot robbed me of sleep, thats how good it was. Dame put up the best performance I've ever seen him do, dropping 10 threes in the game.

Blazers fans got a humble, loyal, stud Point Guard, top 3 in the league. He just needs better players than Aminu, Harkless & Kanter next to him, the team isn't going past the WCF with them as starters, they beat the Nuggets but they're not getting past Houston or Warriors.

One of the best game winners I've seen in my entire life.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#9 » by RipCityKJ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Jcity08 wrote:That shot robbed me of sleep, thats how good it was. Dame put up the best performance I've ever seen him do, dropping 10 threes in the game.

Blazers fans got a humble, loyal, stud Point Guard, top 3 in the league. He just needs better players than Aminu, Harkless & Kanter next to him, the team isn't going past the WCF with them as starters, they beat the Nuggets but they're not getting past Houston or Warriors.

One of the best game winners I've seen in my entire life.

You don’t win game 1 without Kanters double double, you lose game 4 without Aminu hitting 3s or playing tight defense on PG, Game 5 has Dame written all over it but Harkless relentless defense forced turnover after turnover when it counted the most. You don’t come back from 15 without these guys. This series was carried by our guards but we won because our bench out performed everyone on OKC not name Westbrook or George.
mustbeniceman
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#10 » by mustbeniceman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Russ is lucky Dame's shot is all everyone is talking about...let's not forget about that last hero ball possession by Russ
mustbeniceman
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#11 » by mustbeniceman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:28 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:Hey PG! Were any of Russ’s buckets bad shots?

Next question.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#12 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:50 pm

It's a **** spoiler. This is not for wiretap.

Don't spoil on-demand watching with those headlines.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#13 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Its a bad shot for most of the league. For dame its a shot where he took the refs out of it, anyone pinching down on him to help, PG is a longer lengthy player who wouldve made it difficult on Dame. He took all of that out and hit a memorable shot and hushed up everyone. Its another one under his belt for the record books which are starting to add up and his legacy as a player continues to grow. Hats off. Special player.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#14 » by BigHustle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:Yet the players and league “experts” continue to not even acknowledge Dame as even a good player smh

www.cbssports.com/nba/news/damian-lillard-disrespect-continues-to-be-an-embarrassment-after-nba-players-all-star-votes-are-revealed/amp/

He’s good and great attitude and toughness. Difficult to say he’s above steph and Harden tho. Toss up vs Russ for 1st half of reg season. Only legit beef is with d rose. If he keeps playing this way he’ll be the solid #3 in west.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 pm

BigHustle wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:Yet the players and league “experts” continue to not even acknowledge Dame as even a good player smh

He’s good and great attitude and toughness. Difficult to say he’s above steph and Harden tho. Toss up vs Russ for 1st half of reg season. Only legit beef is with d rose. If he keeps playing this way he’ll be the solid #3 in west.

C'mon man... stay off the pipe!
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,373

Post#16 » by Billl » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 pm

He made it, so hat's off to him.

You can tell a bad shot by what you would say if he missed it. If he drove and got of a look that bounced out, nobody would be mad. If that shot hadn't gone in, fans would be talking about the horrible shot he took.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#17 » by cavs4872 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:41 pm

People honestly suck at ranking game-winners nowadays. What was the pressure of this shot? It was a tied game, they were up 3-1... a lot of room for error; if it was Game 7 and they were down one or two he wouldn't be chucking up a half-court shot... this is pretty ****' average for me. Jeremy Lamb's shot was better in every single way.

Billl wrote:He made it, so hat's off to him.

You can tell a bad shot by what you would say if he missed it. If he drove and got of a look that bounced out, nobody would be mad. If that shot hadn't gone in, fans would be talking about the horrible shot he took.

Yeah, if it was an airball people would be crucifying him, lol.

spree2kawhi wrote:It's a **** spoiler. This is not for wiretap.

Don't spoil on-demand watching with those headlines.

If you ain't watching sports live you're doing it wrong... who even cares at that point.
hoopsfan2424
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#18 » by hoopsfan2424 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:57 pm

please spread the word so we can fix this epidemic: Lillard clearly traveled.

Harden popularized that step-back and it has become a plague on the sport of basketball. it's practically indefensible because it's so difficult to anticipate that a player will perform an illegal move.

WE MUST SPREAD THE WORD SO THE MORONS IN THE LEAGUE OFFICE TELL THE REFEREES AND WE GET THIS FIXED. WE CAN'T LET OUR BEAUTIFUL SPORT OF BASKETBALL BE RUINED BY THE FINANCIAL INTERESTS OF F*CKFACES LIKE ADAM SILVER AND DAVID STERN.

and if you're blind and/or brainwashed, he takes a step to the left, then two to the right. three steps. small, quick steps do count as steps.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#19 » by cavs4872 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:14 pm

This should've played over the PA:

Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#20 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:39 am

BigHustle wrote:

No he's not better than Harden or Steph but he is way better than Russ.. Russ is a bonehead chucker who plays virtually no defence to get his rebound stats up.. He can't shoot lillard is an elite shooter better passer and better at controlling plays..

Return to Wiretap Discussion