Off Season Trades

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,486

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#21 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Apr 7, 2019 5:48 am

bondom34 wrote:It's Josh Jackson. He still sucks, he sucked when he did this last spring too. He's not worth more than a 2nd.

While that might be his REAL value. I don't see Phoenix trading a guy they picked #4 less than two years ago for a 2nd. I don't even see them doing it for a late 1st. It isn't that I believe Jackson is a good player. It is that front offices often get so caught up in sunk cost to give up a high draft pick after only two years. If he were going into the last year of his rookie deal then maybe they would be ready to give up on him, but he has shown just enough this year to give them some hope that he can become a solid shooter. He's shooting 33% from 3 on the season and while I don't believe he is actually that good if I were Phoenix I'd give him a chance to take another jump next year before giving up on someone that could still potentially be a quality 3&D guy.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#22 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 7, 2019 5:51 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
bondom34 wrote:It's Josh Jackson. He still sucks, he sucked when he did this last spring too. He's not worth more than a 2nd.

While that might be his REAL value. I don't see Phoenix trading a guy they picked #4 less than two years ago for a 2nd. I don't even see them doing it for a late 1st. It isn't that I believe Jackson is a good player. It is that front offices often get so caught up in sunk cost to give up a high draft pick after only two years. If he were going into the last year of his rookie deal then maybe they would be ready to give up on him, but he has shown just enough this year to give them some hope that he can become a solid shooter. He's shooting 33% from 3 on the season and while I don't believe he is actually that good if I were Phoenix I'd give him a chance to take another jump next year before giving up on someone that could still potentially be a quality 3&D guy.

I'm pretty sure they'd rather cap space than his cap hold at this point. He hasn't shown anything that he can either shoot or defend. And his contract is up soon enough, I could see them decline his option.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#23 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Apr 7, 2019 8:57 am

Schroder should be Prestis number 1 priority as far as trades go this off season.
He needs to be talking either the suns or magic into taking him for a young cheap contract and their 2nd rounder
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#24 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 7, 2019 10:41 am

RalphSampsonJr wrote:Schroder should be Prestis number 1 priority as far as trades go this off season.
He needs to be talking either the suns or magic into taking him for a young cheap contract and their 2nd rounder

I fear a more likely scenario is us attaching another pick to dump him for another bad contract, keeping the Enes Kanter What A Horrible Deal cycle alive.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:01 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:Schroder should be Prestis number 1 priority as far as trades go this off season.

I fear a more likely scenario is us attaching another pick to dump him for another bad contract, keeping the Enes Kanter What A Horrible Deal cycle alive.

Yea youre probably right. Sammy bois definitely in a rough spot. Wonder how impatient the big guys are upstairs will be when their 200 mil team cant get out of the 1st round again
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,017

Post#26 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:04 pm

Pillendreher wrote:

To me it all starts with keeping Perkins WAY too long (I believe we missed on a championship title more because of that than the Harden trade or any other reason)
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,091

Post#27 » by Funcrusher » Sun Apr 7, 2019 10:53 pm

i have to assume the Suns are going to pick up a PG (perhaps more than one) in the draft, so i'm kind of doubting they're going to be interested in Schroder. As far as the Magic, i don't see any young cheap contracts they'd be willing to trade for Schroder, i really don't think they're that desperate. The best i could see us doing is maybe Schroder for Mozgov and a couple of 2nds? Maybe a first if they're nice?
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#28 » by Dn4sty » Tue Apr 9, 2019 7:32 pm

How about something kinda along these lines (assuming Roberson is basically done)

Bucks get: Roberson
Thunder get: Snell, Ilyasova, and pick 30
Third team: cash and future 2nd for 2Pat

OKC could then attempt to use pick 30 to take back less money while shipping out Schroder. Maybe something along the lines of Patty Mills...

Not sure if the bones of this makes sense, but I think it’s somewhat close.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#29 » by Dn4sty » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Dn4sty wrote:How about something kinda along these lines (assuming Roberson is basically done)

OKC could then attempt to use pick 30 to take back less money while shipping out Schroder. Maybe something along the lines of Patty Mills...

I’m going to need some feedback on this :)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:How about something kinda along these lines (assuming Roberson is basically done)

I don’t see what’s in it for Milwaukee until Roberson proves he can play.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#31 » by Dn4sty » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:40 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Pure salary dump for the Bucks to hopefully dodge the tax
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Pure salary dump for the Bucks to hopefully dodge the tax

I dont know what their FO is thinking but it should be showing a willingness to build around Giannis at all costs and not cut salary.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 533

Post#33 » by kdthunderup » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Posted this up in the off-season thread.

Just trying to think of some trades we can offer for Beal if the Wizards decide to tank and rebuild.

Schroder (tank commander)
Grant (sell high on)
Ferguson (young sg to cover loss of Beal)
1st round pick

For

Beal

Then we could look at trading Adams to give us some cap flexibility and depth.

Prince
Bazemore
Len

For

Adams

Westbrook
Beal
George
Roberson
Len

Prince
Bazemore
Diallo
(Bench is Still a mess tbh)
oreojenkins
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#34 » by oreojenkins » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

It's hard coming up with a realistic course of action that might actually change anything. Was thinking if LMA wants out (who knows after getting bench in the 4th in a playoff game + previous head butting with Pop), maybe something like Adams and Roberson for LMA and Mills. They just extended Mills but White has come on strong and Dejounte will be back next season. Roberson would essentially be cap relief for them longterm or an expiring to flip. Definitely would infuse some spacing and shooting into the lineup. Would bump Westbrook down the scoring pecking order. Can figure out the wing in FA/draft. I'd obviously be looking to dump Schroder in this scenario; looking for a Schroder for THJ type swap. Basically turning him into his wing version.
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#35 » by Mattv » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 am

If Pg wants out Okc blows it up.. Pg to knicks for there 1st round pick Westbrook to phoenix for there first. Schroder to Orlando if all good options at Pg are gone when they pick. I myself don't want Zion that much so maybe Okc trade the Knicks pick if its 1 overall to a team with a bunch of picks like Alanta to start a full rebuild.

If they try again for another year the only hope is they learn to play better team ball and improvement from younger players Ferguson,Diallo,Burton,Grant and there 1st this year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by RalphSampsonJr » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 am

Mattv wrote:If Pg wants out Okc blows it up.. Pg to knicks for there 1st round pick Westbrook to phoenix for there first. Schroder to Orlando if all good options at Pg are gone when they pick. I myself don't want Zion that much so maybe Okc trade the Knicks pick if its 1 overall to a team with a bunch of picks like Alanta to start a full rebuild.

If they try again for another year the only hope is they learn to play better team ball and improvement from younger players Ferguson,Diallo,Burton,Grant and there 1st this year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

Come on man, lets be realistic in here this isnt 2K
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by RalphSampsonJr » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 am

Lets say you cant trade Adams. Russ and PG obviously wont be moved. I dont think Sam wants to include Grant unless its for a superstar.

Dennis and the 21st will be the only thing that moves the needle.

I see Marcus Morris just **** all over OKCs coaching staff about how they used his bro. Sounds like he wont wanna resign!
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#38 » by Pillendreher » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:07 am

RalphSampsonJr wrote:I see Marcus Morris just **** all over OKCs coaching staff about how they used his bro. Sounds like he wont wanna resign!

Even though I support all the coaching criticism I can get, one should also mention that Morris just isn't as good as people think. He's a lazy defender that takes questionable shots. Although one could say we just wanted him to be our Patterson, which isn't his game since he's not a good 3pt shooter. Leave it up to Donovan to misuse every offensive roleplayer.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 am

Pillendreher wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:I see Marcus Morris just **** all over OKCs coaching staff about how they used his bro. Sounds like he wont wanna resign!

Even though I support all the coaching criticism I can get, one should also mention that Morris just isn't as good as people think. He's a lazy defender that takes questionable shots. Although one could say we just wanted him to be our Patterson, which isn't his game since he's not a good 3pt shooter. Leave it up to Donovan to misuse every offensive roleplayer.

I agree that OKC isn't a place that maximizes role players ability but this is a little much from Marcus is a little over the top here. At the same time, I enjoy all of the public criticism that OKC is getting because it has to make Presti squirm.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#40 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Biases: Blazers fan since 1970. Despised Sonics. Hated losing a rival and whiffing on Durant.

But I come in peace. Presti has drafted too many guys I liked ... which pisses me off ... and came back after moving good players with another frigging answer ...

PG13 is awesome. Russ isn’t a player I like, but he’s excellent. Adams is a beast.
Weaknesses: Shooting and D at SG and PF and bench.

Pretty obvious statements, I know. But you guys have a lot better situation than most teams. If Portland didn’t have Nurkic, I’d pray to get Adams for McCollum ... a do-over of the 2013 draft! Even now ... I’d like it. Toss in Meyers Leonard for roster balance.

What I’m saying is, you have 3 serious studs. Good luck this offseason ... not too much ... and don’t draft who I want for the Blazers.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder