Cardinals Criticized For Inexplicably Waiting To Shop Josh Rosen

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Cardinals Criticized For Inexplicably Waiting To Shop Josh Rosen 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:28 pm

The Arizona Cardinals were not proactive in determining the trade market of Josh Rosen in advance of draft weekend.

The Cardinals waited until they had selected Kyler Murray to initiate at least some teams in talks.

Some teams that would have been otherwise interested in Rosen didn\'t receive a call until after Murray was traded.

\"I can\'t think of anyone who could have played this worse,\" said one of the executives. \"EVERYONE knew they were taking Murray and you\'re drafting first overall. You have nothing to hide from anyone. They could have been quietly shopping Rosen for weeks at least.\"

Via Matt Miller/Bleacher Report

anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Re: Cardinals Criticized For Inexplicably Waiting To Shop Josh Rosen 

Post#2 » by anatomicbomb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Yeah, I don't understand this. They had the #1 pick, so they knew they were getting Murray, and everyone and their grandma was reporting it, so it's not like it was a surprise. The Cards' best hope for RoI on the Rosen trade was before the draft when teams with picks in the middle of the 1st were still unsure if they'd land a QB. Why wait until everyone has their QBs, and then look to trade him?

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#3 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Wed May 1, 2019 4:30 am

Maybe because they were considering trading down in the draft? Only logical explanation I can think of.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Wed May 1, 2019 5:12 pm

The Cardinals are complete idiots. Not only was it moronic to give up on a rookie QB after a single season with the worst oline in the NFL, they wouldn't even listen to offers prior to the draft. After they picked Murray at #1, Rosen's trade value plummeted instantly. These idiots traded up for Rosen last year and only got a mid 2nd in return, so basically last year's draft was a waste.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Maui2503
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Maui2503 » Wed May 1, 2019 5:15 pm

I’m a Saints fan and would’ve love to have in in black and gold. I’m wondering if they even discussed this with us prior to our trade?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion