ImageImageImage

OT: Champions League / Europa League

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,684

Re: OT: Champions League / Europa League 

Post#121 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:Juventus were awful tonight, need a backup striker and creative midfielder over the summer. We looked like the inexperienced team against Ajax's horde of kids

Agreed and we need a better and more reliable backup at CB than Rugani, he was completly awful tonight. The need at the midfield is clear since two years ago. We can't rely too much on Bentancur yet nor Bernadeschi. I love Pjanic, but we need a more creative MC.

Edit: I'd rather a coaching change as well, Allegri has proven multiple times he can't handle the pressure and his line-ups this season were very questionable.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
LondonCeltics
Senior
And1: 502

Post#122 » by LondonCeltics » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:46 am

Who the bleep is Juve?

Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#123 » by Gooner » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:20 am

Gooner wrote:
KGtabake wrote:Biggest upset in recent history. Ajax was dominant. Real Madrid lost everything in the last week.

Ajax reminds me of that Borussia Dortmund team from 2012-2013 season. Young players, very dynamic, great pressing. I don't think they'll go as far as them, but they are really good, and their players will be sold to big clubs, for some huge money.

I might have been wrong, Ajax could end up in the finals the way they are going. They defy modern football, great story. Unfortunately, modern football will respond by taking all their players, and coach lol.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#124 » by Gooner » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:22 am

Romeiro Celtic wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:Juventus were awful tonight, need a backup striker and creative midfielder over the summer. We looked like the inexperienced team against Ajax's horde of kids

Agreed and we need a better and more reliable backup at CB than Rugani, he was completly awful tonight. The need at the midfield is clear since two years ago. We can't rely too much on Bentancur yet nor Bernadeschi. I love Pjanic, but we need a more creative MC.

Edit: I'd rather a coaching change as well, Allegri has proven multiple times he can't handle the pressure and his line-ups this season were very questionable.

I'm glad that Arsenal didn't get Allegri in the summer. Not because he is a bad coach, but he would have been a bad fit. He had a good run at Juventus, but I think they should make a change now. Especially when Conte is available. There is no reason not to bring him back.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#125 » by Iguodaladon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 pm

The Man City v Spurs game was absolutely insane :o Think my heart would've given out if I was a City fan
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:The Man City v Spurs game was absolutely insane :o Think my heart would've given out if I was a City fan

One of the best games I've seen, I had lots of fun watching it.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Gooner wrote: I'm glad that Arsenal didn't get Allegri in the summer. Not because he is a bad coach, but he would have been a bad fit. He had a good run at Juventus, but I think they should make a change now. Especially when Conte is available. There is no reason not to bring him back.

I'd rather take Arsène Wenger, but I think Conte would be better since he's italian and he understands how italian clubs are run and how italian football works, he'd be the perfect fit. I really hope Allegri is sacked, he did a hell of a job on the domestic league, but his job on the CL was OK. That Juve team in 2015 was very capable of beating Barcelona, but Allegri couldn't...
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#128 » by grindtime22 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:35 am

Romeiro Celtic wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:The Man City v Spurs game was absolutely insane :o Think my heart would've given out if I was a City fan

Crazy game, could have gone the other way with this angle

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by Romeiro Celtic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:58 am

grindtime22 wrote:
Romeiro Celtic wrote:

To me its still a natural movement of the arm, its attached to the body and the ball hits mostly his leg, so I'd say goal anytime.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#130 » by grindtime22 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am

Romeiro Celtic wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
Romeiro Celtic wrote:

To me its still a natural movement of the arm, its attached to the body and the ball hits mostly his leg, so I'd say goal anytime.

I mean, it ricochets off his arm onto the leg. I'm not sure what the rule exactly is. I thought there was a difference when the arm is involved in scoring a goal instead of denying a goal.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,028

Post#131 » by London2Boston » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 am

Fully behind this young and exciting Ajax team.

Anyone but Liverpool or UEFAlona really though.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#132 » by Gooner » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 am

Romeiro Celtic wrote:

No doubt, even as an Arsenal fan, I was rooting for Tottenham. I just don't like these projects like Man City. Pocchetino is a brilliant coach. You could see how much it meant to him. He inspired his team.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#133 » by Roddy » Wed May 1, 2019 9:20 pm

Messi :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#134 » by truth18 » Wed May 1, 2019 10:56 pm

Roddy wrote:Messi :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I hate Barca as a club but Messi is just the **** best, man. No idea how anyone could dislike this guy. We will never see anything like him again.
YOU LOSE
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#135 » by jirrit » Wed May 1, 2019 11:08 pm

truth18 wrote:

I hate Barca as a club but Messi is just the **** best, man. No idea how anyone could dislike this guy. We will never see anything like him again.

There are many ugly clubs to hate on but Barca as an institute is bringing together utter brilliancy.

Messi is GOAT btw, no one can deny that imo.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#136 » by truth18 » Wed May 1, 2019 11:11 pm

jirrit wrote:
truth18 wrote:

There are many ugly clubs to hate on but Barca as an institute is bringing together utter brilliancy.

I love you, homie but I can't stand Barca. It is what it is. Madrid isn't much better imo if that makes anything better.

Fat Ronaldo will always be my GOAT but Messi is the real one.
YOU LOSE
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed May 1, 2019 11:15 pm

truth18 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
truth18 wrote:

I love you, homie but I can't stand Barca. It is what it is. Madrid isn't much better imo if that makes anything better.

I have to agree with Truth here, Barca as a club is something hateful af so as Real and many spanish clubs, lol. To me, the goat will always be Ronaldinho... The guy was something so beautiful to watch, all those dribbles, crazy passes and goals, damn I miss him so much.
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by jirrit » Thu May 2, 2019 7:21 am

When I was a little kid I went to visit Barcelona and Camp Nou and immediately fell in love ever since. I get thrills when someone says something bad about it lol. The real Ronaldo and Ronaldinho are close too since I got a Barca jersey of ‘em both LOL

*edit

I bought this Image jersey when I visited. My dad was like, dont you want one of a ‘known’ player but I wanted this one. De La Pena was a ‘La Cantera’ youth player and had a few years in the A team, and then moved to Lazio and some other teams. Then he went to our arch rival Espanyol and had a great career there. Even a few caps for Spain. My mom gave the jersey away early 2000’s I’m still mad at her for it.
Dajadeed
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,643

Post#139 » by Dajadeed » Sun May 5, 2019 5:31 pm

Romeiro Celtic wrote:
truth18 wrote:
jirrit wrote:There are many ugly clubs to hate on but Barca as an institute is bringing together utter brilliancy.

This. Ronaldinho’s sustained excellence was nowhere near what Messi is doing, but at his absolute best for that 3 year stretch he was as good as anyone ever was. And he was, by far imo, the most entertaining athlete ever.

And the real Ronaldo also has a say in terms of most skilled ever, btw.

It’s amazing to go from romario to ronaldo to rivaldo to ronaldinho to messi.

I got to see Barca in person with those rivaldo and kluivert teams. I have to see Messi play before he retires. That’s at the top of my sports to do list at the moment.

I have to agree with Truth here, Barca as a club is something hateful af so as Real and many spanish clubs, lol. To me, the goat will always be Ronaldinho... The guy was something so beautiful to watch, all those dribbles, crazy passes and goals, damn I miss him so much.
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by jirrit » Sun May 5, 2019 6:05 pm

To me there's such a HUGE difference between Barca & Real. Not comparable at all IMO, besides that they're the two biggest clubs in Spain.

Return to Boston Celtics