ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1261 » by the_process » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:What is the worst pick you would be ok with the 76'ers trading 24+33+34+2019 1st for?

9? 5? 14?

This draft is 2019. I assume you mean 2020? The only 2020 pick the Sixers have is a top 20 protected from OKC. Also, I'd prefer to keep one of 33 or 34. Team needs cheap pieces to round out the roster if they really plan on making it rain.

I don't really think a package of 24, 34, and 2020
OKC 1st moves up very far, but to answer your question I'd want to get up at least to 17.

I'd rather just look to move 33 and 34 for 28 or 29, though.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,431

Post#1262 » by FlyingArrow » Tue May 7, 2019 2:32 pm

the_process wrote:5 years from now, will fans hate the Markelle Fultz trade or the Tobias Harris trade more?

Which Fultz trade? The one where we overpaid for him in the first place or the one where we gave him away?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1263 » by TheSuzerain » Tue May 7, 2019 2:34 pm

Simmons for the Bulls 1st (other than #1 overall) and Wendell Carter Jr.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1264 » by the_process » Tue May 7, 2019 5:37 pm

FlyingArrow wrote:
the_process wrote:5 years from now, will fans hate the Markelle Fultz trade or the Tobias Harris trade more?

Which Fultz trade? The one where we overpaid for him in the first place or the one where we gave him away?

The Boston trade. The Orlando trade was good to get something for him and get rid of the headache. Dude is a bust. He's not going to break out or something there.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1265 » by the_process » Tue May 7, 2019 5:42 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Simmons for the Bulls 1st (other than #1 overall) and Wendell Carter Jr.

Having WCJ doesn't make sense with Embiid.

If the Sixers decide to trade Simmons, they should start by calling NO and PHX.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1266 » by TheSuzerain » Tue May 7, 2019 6:26 pm

the_process wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Simmons for the Bulls 1st (other than #1 overall) and Wendell Carter Jr.

The prize would be the pick (depending where it lands), but I think WCJ makes sense for you guys.

Even when Embiid is healthy, you still need to eat some minutes at the 5. The minutes with Embiid on the bench are killing you guys right now. And then you consider, that Embiid will probably miss more games than is typical.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1267 » by the_process » Tue May 7, 2019 6:41 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
the_process wrote:

The prize would be the pick (depending where it lands), but I think WCJ makes sense for you guys.

Even when Embiid is healthy, you still need to eat some minutes at the 5. The minutes with Embiid on the bench are killing you guys right now. And then you consider, that Embiid will probably miss more games than is typical.

Sure. But when you have a star, you don't trade your 2nd best asset for his backup. And this draft falls off a cliff after Zion, and then falls into the abyss after Reddish (6). 20% chance your pick is not worth very much. Can't trade Simmons for that. But if you guys want a S&T Tobias Harris for WCJ and that pick, then sure. :lol:
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,797

Post#1268 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue May 7, 2019 7:30 pm

I know this is the fantasy thread, but I really do hope the Sixers make some calls about Ben in the summer.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1269 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu May 9, 2019 3:33 am

What is a realistic Ben trade that actually makes the Sixers a better team that could win a CHIP?

Ben for AD doesn't work straight up, and would mean Sixers have to let one of Tobias or Jimmy walk.

Assuming Jimmy and Tobias sign deals, and Embiid is still here which, duh...

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

How does Ben Simmons net you a starting PG, starting SG, and a few bench depth pieces, all fitting into the salary available?? I just don't see it.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,749

Post#1270 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 9, 2019 3:43 am

51X3RF4N wrote:What is a realistic Ben trade that actually makes the Sixers a better team that could win a CHIP?

Ben for AD doesn't work straight up, and would mean Sixers have to let one of Tobias or Jimmy walk.

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

How does Ben Simmons net you a starting PG, starting SG, and a few bench depth pieces, all fitting into the salary available?? I just don't see it.

Devin Booker and sign someone like Beverley in FA.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#1271 » by zimpy27 » Thu May 9, 2019 3:39 pm

What about trading Embiid for Oladipo and Turner?

Simmons, Oladipo, Butler, Harris, Turner
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1272 » by youngcrev » Thu May 9, 2019 3:56 pm

zimpy27 wrote:What about trading Embiid for Oladipo and Turner?

The Sixers aren't trading Embiid and I can't imagine that works salary-wise
the_process
RealGM

Post#1273 » by the_process » Thu May 9, 2019 4:09 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:What is a realistic Ben trade that actually makes the Sixers a better team that could win a CHIP?

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

With all the teams that have cap space this summer, it's likely that one will offer Tobias a 4-141M contract, which is his max. You sign him to that, he immediately becomes Otto Porter, and in a year leaves you with only expiring Jabari Parker and RFA rights on Bobby Portis. Even being capped out, not having Tobias on that deal is better than having him because he's not an asset and he buries you into the tax.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#1274 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun May 12, 2019 4:58 pm

zimpy27 wrote:What about trading Embiid for Oladipo and Turner?

I would do Simmons for Dipo but not Embiid.

Edit: pretty impossible salary-wise, though.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#1275 » by Slim Charless » Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 am

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

Phoenix fan here coming in peace. Was curious what you guys would think of the #2 pick (if Phoenix got it), Mikal Bridges plus next years MIL pick for Simmons?
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,797

Post#1276 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 am

Slim Charless wrote:

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

Phoenix fan here coming in peace. Was curious what you guys would think of the #2 pick (if Phoenix got it), Mikal Bridges plus next years MIL pick for Simmons?

Basically Morant and Bridges for Simmons. I wouldnt necessarily hate it. Probably puts too much pressure on Morant and Bridges to play at a high level right away though.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1277 » by Slim Charless » Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

Basically Morant and Bridges for Simmons. I wouldnt necessarily hate it. Probably puts too much pressure on Morant and Bridges to play at a high level right away though.

Well the thought behind the trade is that after you guys sign Jimmy and possibly Tobias to max deals, the front office might be a little wary of a 4th max deal for Simmons so some rookie contacts would be needed to stay outta the luxury tax. Plus, doesn't Bridges' Mom work for the Sixers? It's probably his dream to play there. As to Ja, yea it'd be some pressure but it's not like he'd be the number 1 or even number 2 option on offense- he'd only have to get to Embiid and hit some open jumpers every once in awhile.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1278 » by youngcrev » Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Well the thought behind the trade is that after you guys sign Jimmy and possibly Tobias to max deals, the front office might be a little wary of a 4th max deal for Simmons so some rookie contacts would be needed to stay outta the luxury tax. Plus, doesn't Bridges' Mom work for the Sixers? It's probably his dream to play there. As to Ja, yea it'd be some pressure but it's not like he'd be the number 1 or even number 2 option on offense- he'd only have to get to Embiid and hit some open jumpers every once in awhile.

They'd let one of those guys walk over trading Ben if money was going to be an issue
the_process
RealGM

Post#1279 » by the_process » Mon May 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Slim Charless wrote:

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

If the Sixers can work out a deal to flip #2 for a piece that can help them win now, then yes.

I'd be surprised if PHX traded Morant, though.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1280 » by Slim Charless » Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 pm

the_process wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

If the Sixers can work out a deal to flip #2 for a piece that can help them win now, then yes.

I'd be surprised if PHX traded Morant, though.

I'm sure you guys could move Ja for a decent return, he seems like the real deal. Only reason why I wouldn't think the Suns would keep him is the need for more veterans around. Ben is still young but has already been in a number of playoff games. Plus his D helps makes up for Bookers's lack of it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers