Joel Embiid crying is the best thing that happened to Philly 76ers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Joel Embiid crying is the best thing that happened to Philly 76ers 

Post#1 » by EliteSmarts » Wed May 15, 2019 2:30 am

Joel Embiid crying and getting embarrassed and clowned at for crying is best thing that happened for Embiid and 76ers. Now your going to see less clowning from Embiid and more focused and angry Embiid who wants to make damn sure he doesn't want to feel that pain ever again. I expect MVP level from Embiid next season and 76ers should be excited
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: Joel Embiid crying is the best thing that happened to Philly 76ers 

Post#2 » by Dupp » Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 am

He didn’t get embarrassed
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#3 » by Luigi » Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 am

Growing up from this would be the right reaction for Embiid. I'll be watching to see if he's done giggling through press conferences about injuring fellow players and dancing on the court. We'll see what his tweets look like. Hope the kid grows up.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#4 » by Black Mage » Wed May 15, 2019 2:44 am

He didn't get clowned.

Quite honestly, a Raptors fan shouldn't comment about crying because I'm pretty sure their tears after choking so many years in a row are part of the reason we have rising sea levels.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#5 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 am

I dont think he’d stop clowning. But all these losses and pain will want him be a better player.

I hope he doesnt stop clowning because ive enjoyed it. I dont want him to be emotionless like kawhi.

These all for fun.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by EliteSmarts » Wed May 15, 2019 3:35 am

Black Mage wrote:He didn't get clowned.

Quite honestly, a Raptors fan shouldn't comment about crying because I'm pretty sure their tears after choking so many years in a row are part of the reason we have rising sea levels.

Already memes of his crying so he is getting clowned, he's also getting empathy as well, you can have it both ways.

LOL at the salt coming from the 76ers fan, I'm saying this experience is only going to help 76ers and Embiid get better and of course you still stay bitter. Hang in there man, 76ers are still a contender, the pain will go away soon.
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by EliteSmarts » Wed May 15, 2019 3:36 am

Already memes of his crying so he is getting clowned, he's also getting empathy as well, you can have it both ways.

LOL at the salt coming from the 76ers fan, I'm saying this experience is only going to help 76ers and Embiid get better and of course you still stay bitter. Hang in there man, 76ers are still a contender, the pain will go away soon.
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by EliteSmarts » Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 am

76ciology wrote:I dont think he’d stop clowning. But all these losses and pain will want him be a better player.

I hope he doesnt stop clowning because ive enjoyed it. I dont want him to be emotionless like kawhi.

These all for fun.

I agree he won't stop clowning but there will be less clowning and more serious Embiid. He def wont go 180 and become Kawhi, that would be terrible
DaTRUTHk11
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#9 » by DaTRUTHk11 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:45 am

im just wondering what his injury excuse will be next year in the playoffs
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#10 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2019 4:04 am

You see. Jojo doesnt clown guys who are better than him. Just think about it.

If he knows he’s better, then he has to clown over that guy. And if you think you’re better than jojo, then you could clown him to.

Overall, ive nothing but respect to the guy. In this era where players are overpaid too much that the value of a championship declines, he is one of the few players who really cares about winning.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,824

Post#11 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Wed May 15, 2019 4:11 am

I'd be okay with Embiid still trash talking and clowning other players. Other greats like Larry Bird, MJ, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, etc. did it. Why can't Embiid? But at the same time, if Embiid stops the showboating and unwarranted arrogance (when he honestly hasn't done much in the playoffs so far), that would be a plus. I think this will be an eye opener for Embiid, and he'll focus more on winning instead of focusing on making a player look bad. Hopefully that's the case.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#12 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 am

What has Embiid even done in recent memory? That **** airplane celebration? Lol people need to get over themselves, we’re living in a God damn echo chamber
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#13 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 4:17 am

Luigi wrote:Growing up from this would be the right reaction for Embiid. I'll be watching to see if he's done giggling through press conferences about injuring fellow players and dancing on the court. We'll see what his tweets look like. Hope the kid grows up.

Dude what are you clamoring about? You’ve taken Embiid’s antics awfully personal for some reason. You’re better than that
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#14 » by contestedlayups » Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 pm

I do agree that the crying helps Embiid realize how hard he has to work to never feel that pain again. If he's in shape and not sick, Philadelphia wins Game 4 and this series is over in 6. Instead, they're at home now and Embiid has to be furious over the loss. it will eat at him so much more than any loss in his career, and the OP is right; he's going to be a legit MVP candidate next year. Take care of your body, Joel!
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#15 » by T-d0t » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Damn, that's some salt.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#16 » by Joel Embust » Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Embiid's a fun character. He shouldn't change.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#17 » by California Gold » Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Step #1 for him is to take care of his body. Even then, I still think he's injury prone due to his frame which is just unlucky at this point. The best remedy for that is playing less in the regular season.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#18 » by packforfreedom » Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:What has Embiid even done in recent memory? That **** airplane celebration? Lol people need to get over themselves, we’re living in a God damn echo chamber

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#19 » by RaptorsLife » Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 pm

He needs to fix his diet. That’s it really
Raptors til death
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,598

Post#20 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 pm

People who laughed at Embiid for crying should be the ones embarrassed. Last time I checked most sports fans were older than 6th graders, and athlete showing care and emotion after a devastating loss should be cheered up.

Return to The General Board