ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1281 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 14, 2019 1:43 am

51X3RF4N wrote:What is a realistic Ben trade that actually makes the Sixers a better team that could win a CHIP?

Ben for AD doesn't work straight up, and would mean Sixers have to let one of Tobias or Jimmy walk.

Assuming Jimmy and Tobias sign deals, and Embiid is still here which, duh...

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

How does Ben Simmons net you a starting PG, starting SG, and a few bench depth pieces, all fitting into the salary available?? I just don't see it.

Collin Sexton
Cedi Osman
1st round pick (2019 pick if they don't land #1)
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1282 » by PhillyFan11 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:54 am

2 teams that need a slight roster shakeup to take the next step

Ben and J Simmons (pick up option to trade salary)

For

Malik Beasley, Will Barton, Juan Hernangomez, and Nuggets 2020 1st

Sixers keep Jimmy, Harris, JJ, and Ennis
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1283 » by tsmith » Tue May 14, 2019 1:56 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:2 teams that need a slight roster shakeup to take the next step

For

This is beyond ridiculous.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1284 » by BullyKing » Tue May 14, 2019 2:19 am

tsmith wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:2 teams that need a slight roster shakeup to take the next step

For

One of those moments where I hate that you can't give more than a single AND1
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1285 » by tsmith » Tue May 14, 2019 4:10 am

BullyKing wrote:
tsmith wrote:

For

One of those moments where I hate that you can't give more than a single AND1

Drop a minus-1.
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#1286 » by 76Shots » Tue May 14, 2019 4:14 am

Conley
JJJ
#8 pick

for

Simmons
Bolden
#24 pick

Let Tobias walk

Conley/#8?/FA
Butler/JJ
FA? /Zhaire?/#8?
JJJ / FA
Embiid / FA

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1287 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue May 14, 2019 7:09 pm

76Shots wrote:Conley
JJJ
#8 pick

for

Simmons
Bolden
#24 pick

Let Tobias walk

Conley/#8?/FA
Butler/JJ
FA? /Zhaire?/#8?
JJJ / FA
Embiid / FA

It would be Conley/JJ/Jimmy/JJJ/Joel as the starters unless they can get a SG free agent or draft one. But even in this scenario you're building around a dynamic front court but no real youth in the backcourt.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#1288 » by 76Shots » Tue May 14, 2019 7:28 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
JJJ
#8 pick

for

Simmons
Bolden
#24 pick

Let Tobias walk

Conley/#8?/FA
Butler/JJ
FA? /Zhaire?/#8?
JJJ / FA
Embiid / FA

It would be Conley/JJ/Jimmy/JJJ/Joel as the starters unless they can get a SG free agent or draft one. But even in this scenario you're building around a dynamic front court but no real youth in the backcourt.
At this stage of his career I'd rather have JJ come off the bench. I really like the idea of a Conley / Butler backcourt as two tough, two-way players, who will make good decisions with the ball. Then with the #8 pick we could draft one of Garland or White (I'd prefer White).

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#1289 » by Kobblehead » Wed May 15, 2019 2:34 am

JJJ
#8 pick

for

Simmons
Bolden
#24 pick

Where's the extra $30m heading Memphis direction?

Mike Conley, alone, makes $32.5m next year.

Simmons and Bolden together is under $10m.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#1290 » by SixthStreet » Wed May 15, 2019 2:53 am

Moe Harkless is an $11m expiring next season. I like him as a swing rotational big even though his 3p% fell off a cliff this year. They may be interested in moving the contract to duck the tax line if they can't move one of Turner or Leonard. Those two are also expiring but not rotational players so they may have to move Harkless. I don't know what a trade would look like and we'd have to deal for him prior to using the cap to resign Butler and Harris.
SixerfanOH
Freshman
And1: 21

Ben for #2 pick 

Post#1291 » by SixerfanOH » Wed May 15, 2019 1:25 pm

We get a of who stretches floor and who can guard smaller scoring pgs
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Re: Ben for #2 pick 

Post#1292 » by BullyKing » Wed May 15, 2019 1:27 pm

SixerfanOH wrote:We get a of who stretches floor and who can guard smaller scoring pgs

I merged your post into this thread. Please try not to start new threads when it fits within an existing one.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#1293 » by mhunt » Wed May 15, 2019 2:03 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:What is a realistic Ben trade that actually makes the Sixers a better team that could win a CHIP?

Ben for AD doesn't work straight up, and would mean Sixers have to let one of Tobias or Jimmy walk.

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

How does Ben Simmons net you a starting PG, starting SG, and a few bench depth pieces, all fitting into the salary available?? I just don't see it.

If you do Ben for AD, you don't need Tobias, IMO. AD is your 4.

You guys are really good at these trade scenarios. Would the cap room work in a Ben for AD trade (letting Tobias walk)?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1294 » by BullyKing » Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 pm

mhunt wrote:

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

You guys are really good at these trade scenarios. Would the cap room work in a Ben for AD trade (letting Tobias walk)?

Yes and no. We'd be able to fit it in but the problem is that letting Harris walk is not an isolated move. It would also mean renouncing Redick, Scott, and Ennis (I'm pretty convinced he's opting out) and everyone else. So if you let them all walk and then trade Ben for AD, you don't really have a way to replace any of them other than the room exception of about $5 million.
NYSixersFan wrote:
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#1295 » by mhunt » Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 pm

BullyKing wrote:
mhunt wrote:

Embiid
Harris
Jimmy
Player X
Player Y

Yes and no. We'd be able to fit it in but the problem is that letting Harris walk is not an isolated move. It would also mean renouncing Redick, Scott, and Ennis (I'm pretty convinced he's opting out) and everyone else. So if you let them all walk and then trade Ben for AD, you don't really have a way to replace any of them other than the room exception of about $5 million.

Ahh...thanks.
I had a feeling that would be the case. I don't even know if AD & Embiid would work...but the idea of flipping Ben for a proven superstar intrigued me.
I guess Ben would need to be moved for another player still on his rookie deal for it to work financially (w/o gutting the rest of the roster). That's if they'd even consider moving Ben.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1296 » by BullyKing » Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm

mhunt wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
mhunt wrote:

Ahh...thanks.
I had a feeling that would be the case. I don't even know if AD & Embiid would work...but the idea of flipping Ben for a proven superstar intrigued me.
I guess Ben would need to be moved for another player still on his rookie deal for it to work financially (w/o gutting the rest of the roster). That's if they'd even consider moving Ben.

If AD is willing to sign an extension, it's still a trade you make 100 times out of a 100 IMO. It's just a very complicated offseason where every move will have a trickle down effect on others.
NYSixersFan wrote:
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1297 » by XDevilBoiX » Wed May 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Just throwing this out there.

Ben for the no.1 pick. NO can get 2 Klutch guys and convince both guys to stay and compete with Jrue.

Trade the no.1 pick for Beal. Washington can start their rebuild while Sixers get the starting sg they need. Let Tobias walk. Bring back Jimmy and hopefully resign JJ to be a 6th man and Scott.

Not good with the cap but does this work?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#1298 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 15, 2019 3:30 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:Just throwing this out there.

Ben for the no.1 pick. NO can get 2 Klutch guys and convince both guys to stay and compete with Jrue.

Trade the no.1 pick for Beal. Washington can start their rebuild while Sixers get the starting sg they need. Let Tobias walk. Bring back Jimmy and hopefully resign JJ to be a 6th man and Scott.

Not good with the cap but does this work?

I'm not against it, but I don't think the Pelicans would go for it for a few reason:

1) Arguable that Zion could be a better prospect due to upside in shooting.
2) No certainty that Ben re-signs with them
3) No certainty that Davis re-signs with them

Otherwise, he fits like a glove with Davis being a stretch 5 and Jrue's ability to play off ball.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#1299 » by SixthStreet » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 pm

It would probably take another asset to get the Pelicans to think about it. Simmons/Zhaire might get there.

We get to kick the Simmons max contract down the road a couple years and have a little bit more wiggle room to pay a PG in free agency because long term dollars come off the cap on Simmons' extension (although not next years cap).

This obviously only happens if it gets AD to commit to the supermax.

I'd take Zion with the pick though. Not trade it for Beal.
SixerfanOH
Freshman
And1: 21

Re: Ben for #2 pick 

Post#1300 » by SixerfanOH » Wed May 15, 2019 4:17 pm

BullyKing wrote:
SixerfanOH wrote:We get a of who stretches floor and who can guard smaller scoring pgs

I merged your post into this thread. Please try not to start new threads when it fits within an existing one.

But nobody reads this one :(

Return to Philadelphia 76ers