WCF | P1: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Call it!

Blazers in 4
3%
Blazers in 5
1%
Blazers in 6
6%
Blazers in 7
5%
Warriors in 4
17%
Warriors in 5
41%
Warriors in 6
23%
Warriors in 7
4%

Total votes: 334

Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,845

Re: WCF | P1: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers 

Post#941 » by Shock Defeat » Wed May 15, 2019 4:17 am

As usual everyone that’s NOT the Rockets gets blown tf out by the Warriors. Boring.
kuchu
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#942 » by kuchu » Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:Denver would have been a better matchup but still would have lost. They had the personnel to at least make things tough for Curry and Klay.

No, for some reason, Denver matches up very poorly against the Warriors. They have been getting blown out by the Dubs all season. I think it's probably because the Warriors saw them as the biggest legit threat in the West and brought playoff intensity to those games.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#943 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 am

No Durant and still win by 20 in the west finals... what a joke of a decision Durant made going there. Hopefully he leaves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#944 » by michaelm » Wed May 15, 2019 4:20 am

GTR11 wrote:So KD fans still think he didn't cheat his way to rings? Lmao

More hot takes about a series being over based on 1 game. That has really been proven to be reliable in the preceding play-off series, hasn’t it?.

It is all match-ups anyway. Portland rely on a great back-court, among the very best in the NBA. GSW have one that may be the best in the history of the NBA, and the perfect defensive players to put on Dame and CJ as has been said.

Giannis for one is a very different challenge, as was LeBron, and they very much would need/needed Durant for them. Sure they might have won another title without Durant, but they wanted a dynasty just like other players and teams, and LeBron in particular, and you also couldn’t design a PG better suited to Durant than Curry, after all those years next to Westbrook, a great player and all in his prime when he had his full health, but with whom he was not a particularly good fit, and with poor game planning and coaching at OKC.

Posters on here also predicate their arguments on the basis that peak Curry is available all the time, which history proves can’t be relied upon. Call it excuse making if you like, and it is obviously no concern of opposing teams, but god mode Curry relies on him being close to completely healthy, which he just isn’t all the time. Even in games in the 2016 regular season if he tweaked his ankle his shot deteriorated.
Jzmaxoct
Sophomore
And1: 396

Post#945 » by Jzmaxoct » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 am

ken6199 wrote:(Another question is can Portland go small if needed? Who is their small ball 5?)

I don't think they have any strong 4 like Draymond or Tucker, that's why they had problems defending Millsap and had to put Evan Turner on him. None of their centers are good at defending perimeter. GSW is really a bad matchup for them.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,813

Post#946 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Wed May 15, 2019 4:25 am

Many people and a couple of Blazers fans really thought a GSW team without Durant wasn't that scary... like y'all really forgot they were still a top 2 team without Durant.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,556

Post#947 » by VanWest82 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:28 am

SeniorWalker wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:The bucks would have massacred the rockets. Are you out of your mind? How would they have defended them at all?

I also believe the bucks will beat the warriors even with Durant. They are too physical, too disciplined, consistent effort every game, consistent from 3, and too dominant in the paint in regards to shot blocking and scoring. I will gladly take that bet.

Toronto would also be a good series for the warriors although I think they are a little too reliant on kawhi.

What are we betting? I'll still agree even if you only want to do it assuming Bucks prevail.

Well the bucks have to get past Toronto first. Toronto will be tough and can win the series if all their players show up.

If the bucks do make the finals, I have no idea what to bet you. Were on a basketball forum. But I am confident in my pick. I love the warriors, curry and how they play, but the bucks match up very well with that team and are a physically imposing match up. They have no hope of guarding giannis, he will wreck them. And they can keep up with golden state's offense as well, and have multiple long defenders to send at curry and klay.

I think KD will win that match up vs. Giannis, and finally establish his claim for best player in the world (even though it's probably still Lebron), and Warriors will be cemented as arguably the GtOAT. I will sig "SeniorWalker" for one full year if the Bucks beat the Warriors so everyone will know who called it. I'm confident.
DaTRUTHk11
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#948 » by DaTRUTHk11 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:28 am

4-0 sweep with GSW stars resting the fourth quarter for game 4? Also you sour fans of other teams, just embrace watching one of the greatest teams ever to be assembled.

Whoever comes out of Raps/Bucks will make the NBA finals competitive...
darkse1d
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#949 » by darkse1d » Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 am

michaelm wrote:

More hot takes about a series being over based on 1 game. That has really been proven to be reliable in the preceding play-off series, hasn’t it?.

It is all match-ups anyway. Portland rely on a great back-court, among the very best in the NBA. GSW have one that may be the best in the history of the NBA, and the perfect defensive players to put on Dame and CJ as has been said.

Giannis for one is a very different challenge, as was LeBron, and they very much would need/needed Durant for them. Sure they might have won another title without Durant, but they wanted a dynasty just like other players and teams, and LeBron in particular, and you also couldn’t design a PG better suited to Durant than Curry, after all those years next to Westbrook, a great player and all in his prime when he had his full health, but with whom he was not a particularly good fit, and with poor game planning and coaching at OKC.

Posters on here also predicate their arguments on the basis that peak Curry is available all the time, which history proves can’t be relied upon. Call it excuse making if you like, and it is obviously no concern of opposing teams, but god mode Curry relies on him being close to completely healthy, which he just isn’t all the time. Even in games in the 2016 regular season if he tweaked his ankle his shot deteriorated.

do you even read what you write? you just want your team to have the easiest way to a ring. bbbut giannis, bbbut lebron. that was the beauty of the nba, to find ways to beat your opponent, not to stack up and create an avengers like team .
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#950 » by youngthegiant » Wed May 15, 2019 4:34 am

kuchu wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:Denver would have been a better matchup but still would have lost. They had the personnel to at least make things tough for Curry and Klay.

No, for some reason, Denver matches up very poorly against the Warriors. They have been getting blown out by the Dubs all season. I think it's probably because the Warriors saw them as the biggest legit threat in the West and brought playoff intensity to those games.

That was with Boogie and Durant. Denver played this version of the Warriors very well.
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#951 » by LeonGenesis » Wed May 15, 2019 4:34 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:No Durant and still win by 20 in the west finals... what a joke of a decision Durant made going there. Hopefully he leaves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Why so salty? You would love him if he picked your team. LOL at you.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#952 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 am

GSW added durant to beat LeBron not other WC teams.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#953 » by GTR11 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 am

michaelm wrote:

Oh please stop this sorry ass excuses. Curry is Curry first ballot HOF, Klay on his way there too. Two will go as best combo guards to ever play together. They also have finals MVP coming off the bench who already stopped LBJ one time. GSW team is still loaded with talent with or without KD. 30 mill he eats can bring more talent. Sorry buddy your boy bandwagon hopper and his rings mean nothing.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#954 » by LKN » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 am

The Warriors may win the title again... but anyone who thinks them beating up on Portland means they are going to roll over the Bucks is being dumb.

The Bucks are the one team who have a player that creates the same magnitude of matchup and gravity problems (if not worse) that Steph does
SamSepiol
Rookie
And1: 3,614

Post#955 » by SamSepiol » Wed May 15, 2019 4:46 am

Roy The Natural wrote:After calming down a bit, I'm going to go into full blown Game of Thrones theories levels of trying to understand what Stotts was doing.My only answer for what I would call the worst gameplan in the history of the NBA, is to say that Stotts prioritized rest over gameplanning, and just said to go in with the OKC gameplan for game 1. I mean, it literally can't be possible that the Blazers gameplan was to come out and give the best shooter in NBA history open looks by design. Stotts made Mark Jackson look like Pop tonight.

While Stotts just kind of forgot about the Splash Brothers, they certainly haven’t forgotten about him.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#956 » by Roy The Natural » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 am

SamSepiol wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:After calming down a bit, I'm going to go into full blown Game of Thrones theories levels of trying to understand what Stotts was doing.My only answer for what I would call the worst gameplan in the history of the NBA, is to say that Stotts prioritized rest over gameplanning, and just said to go in with the OKC gameplan for game 1. I mean, it literally can't be possible that the Blazers gameplan was to come out and give the best shooter in NBA history open looks by design. Stotts made Mark Jackson look like Pop tonight.

Stotts just kind of forgot about the Splash Brothers, but they certainly didn’t forget about him.

I'm hoping Stotts returns to early season form, and doesn't linger in the nonsensical horribly written late season mode.
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,280

Post#957 » by Kordic27 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:49 am

VanWest82 wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
What are we betting? I'll still agree even if you only want to do it assuming Bucks prevail.

Well the bucks have to get past Toronto first. Toronto will be tough and can win the series if all their players show up.

If the bucks do make the finals, I have no idea what to bet you. Were on a basketball forum. But I am confident in my pick. I love the warriors, curry and how they play, but the bucks match up very well with that team and are a physically imposing match up. They have no hope of guarding giannis, he will wreck them. And they can keep up with golden state's offense as well, and have multiple long defenders to send at curry and klay.

I think KD will win that match up vs. Giannis, and finally establish his claim for best player in the world (even though it's probably still Lebron), and Warriors will be cemented as arguably the GtOAT. I will sig "SeniorWalker" for one full year if the Bucks beat the Warriors so everyone will know who called it. I'm confident.

I think the current warriors are diminishing KDs claim for best player. He may or may not be, but playing on the warriors isn’t proving anything for him.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
SamSepiol
Rookie
And1: 3,614

Post#958 » by SamSepiol » Wed May 15, 2019 4:49 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
SamSepiol wrote:

Stotts just kind of forgot about the Splash Brothers, but they certainly didn’t forget about him.

I'm hoping Stotts returns to early season form, and doesn't linger in the nonsensical horribly written late season mode.

:lol: I’m in late season mode as well with my edits
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#959 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:03 am

Tigersrule wrote:just fast forward to raptors warriors finals man

2020 is a long ways away.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#960 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 am

alebaba wrote:Why is Portland not trapping Curry like what the Warriors is doing to Lillard.

Ask Houston
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to The General Board