Anthony Davis Still Seeks Trade Despite Pelicans Winning Lottery

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Anthony Davis Still Seeks Trade Despite Pelicans Winning Lottery 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 am

Anthony Davis continues to want a trade from the New Orleans Pelicans despite the franchise winning the draft lottery with the chance to select Zion Williamson, according to sources.

Davis requested a trade from the Pelicans in late January.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Re: Anthony Davis Still Seeks Trade Despite Pelicans Winning Lottery 

Post#2 » by t-rexCity » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 am

I wonder if we replace Gianis with AD would Bucks be as successful? Or vice versa, would Pels be better if Giannis replaced AD? Hmm..
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,053

Post#3 » by Raptor_Guy » Wed May 15, 2019 1:52 am

How can they know this already? Did someone text him or his agent right after they won the lottery?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#4 » by the_process » Wed May 15, 2019 2:29 am

Raptor_Guy wrote:How can they know this already? Did someone text him or his agent right after they won the lottery?

I imagine Rich Paul texted Shams right after the lottery.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 am

Good... they can trade him for a solid supporting cast around Zion and Holiday. At this point I'd trade him even if he begged to stay. Why lock up the super-max on him now? The timeline is all wrong.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#6 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Wed May 15, 2019 3:07 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Good... they can trade him for a solid supporting cast around Zion and Holiday. At this point I'd trade him even if he begged to stay. Why lock up the super-max on him now? The timeline is all wrong.

Very true. Would be interesting to see if Ben Simmons maybe a candidate with a sign and trade of Jj Reddick
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#7 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:29 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Good... they can trade him for a solid supporting cast around Zion and Holiday. At this point I'd trade him even if he begged to stay. Why lock up the super-max on him now? The timeline is all wrong.

The time line would be perfect AD is 26 so your not paying Zion the Max till much later.. That said what's wrong is AD and Zion do not compliment each other.. I expect Pelicans viewership to go up a bit next year but the fact they won this lotto really means Zion will not be that big a factor..
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#8 » by TimRobbins » Wed May 15, 2019 4:55 am

Pelicans should trade him to the highest bidder and start fresh. Either get Brown, Tatum and picks from the Celtics or get #4 + Ingram + Kuzma + Hart from the Lakers.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#9 » by likashing » Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 am

Ironically, Zion might still go with Klutch. Oh the toxic drama with LeBron Inc continues...
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 am

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:

Very true. Would be interesting to see if Ben Simmons maybe a candidate with a sign and trade of Jj Reddick

Simmons for who? Ben Simmons is overrated and doesn't move the needle for AD or Zion. It's OK for Giannis to have shooting issues, but Simmons is closer to Lonzo Ball than Giannis.... and I think Lonzo might have more drive to fix his shot than Simmons.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:

The time line would be perfect AD is 26 so your not paying Zion the Max till much later.. That said what's wrong is AD and Zion do not compliment each other.. I expect Pelicans viewership to go up a bit next year but the fact they won this lotto really means Zion will not be that big a factor..

The timing isn't perfect if you're already capped out and only have 3 starting caliber players. NOP are much better off trading AD for something like Brown/Tatum and a couple of future 1sts and trying to sign a PG in free agency. It doesn't need to be that, but they should be aiming to get 2 starters, future prospects and maybe some bench depth.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#12 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 am

AD, Bron, Kawhi or kyrie
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#13 » by captain green » Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 am

Sources lol name names or don't publish it this is why these damn players hate media. I'm just going to say something and say "according to sources." **** lame dude not even caring about AD. But lIke every story almost is unnamed sources. If it isn't from a agent , team, player, shut the **** up.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

The timing isn't perfect if you're already capped out and only have 3 starting caliber players. NOP are much better off trading AD for something like Brown/Tatum and a couple of future 1sts and trying to sign a PG in free agency. It doesn't need to be that, but they should be aiming to get 2 starters, future prospects and maybe some bench depth.

I think your right only because the star is AD if say the star was Kawhi is be happy to have Kawhi and Zion together.. But Tatum and Brown nah trade for Lonzo lakers 4th pick and next years pick plus Ingram or Kuzma.. Thats a better package.. Lonzo point gaurd Holiday moves to the two.. Lonzo is a bit like Rondo plus he is a better defender.. That team would have tons of young talent and still be competitive..
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#15 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

On one side this happening is another chance for LeBron and Lakers to go after AD again,because Pelicans got new centerpiece to build around and maybe go into rebuild mode for 3-4 years,but I dont know if Griffin and Gentry are thinking about it. They want to compete, but with guys like Ball, Ingram and Kuzma going to Pelicans for AD for example,they wont be able to compete at get go.

Boston on other hand can make a great pitch for AD, but also Chicago with Lauri and WCJ.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:On one side this happening is another chance for LeBron and Lakers to go after AD again,because Pelicans got new centerpiece to build around and maybe go into rebuild mode for 3-4 years,but I dont know if Griffin and Gentry are thinking about it. They want to compete, but with guys like Ball, Ingram and Kuzma going to Pelicans for AD for example,they wont be able to compete at get go.

Boston on other hand can make a great pitch for AD, but also Chicago with Lauri and WCJ.

Lonzo and Ingram or Kuzma plus Zion and the number 4 pick will be competitive if they keep their vets like holiday who I really think they should trade for more assests and yes build for a few years to become a contender.. You will have 7 years with Zion you don't need to win right away they made that mistake with AD..
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#17 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Knicks or Lakers would be top destinations for AD. No other options close....
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#18 » by -Sammy- » Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Oh, this is according to sources. I might have doubted the legitimacy of the story if it hadn't been properly corroborated, but I can't dismiss anything that comes from a fount of information as trustworthy as sources.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#19 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm

You would think some of these players wouldn't make the same mistake they've watched others make at least...

I mean Davis had to have at least somewhat follow Dwight Howard.

T-Mac still forced the trade AFTER the number 1 pick was won by the Magic.

Imagine T Mac on offense with SVG having a young, impressionable Dwight guarding the paint...
I would have happily taken a year of that, signed Mac and shipped him wherever he wanted if he wasn't begging to stay. It becomes a Win-win situation for all involved.
Even if it was to try it out first, you can still force your trade later....
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:You would think some of these players wouldn't make the same mistake they've watched others make at least...

I mean Davis had to have at least somewhat follow Dwight Howard.

T-Mac still forced the trade AFTER the number 1 pick was won by the Magic.

Imagine T Mac on offense with SVG having a young, impressionable Dwight guarding the paint...
I would have happily taken a year of that, signed Mac and shipped him wherever he wanted if he wasn't begging to stay. It becomes a Win-win situation for all involved.
Even if it was to try it out first, you can still force your trade later....

T Mac and Howard would be a decent combo but AD and Zion not really.. You would need to add an elite PG where would that come from?

Return to Wiretap Discussion