WCF | P1: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Call it!

Blazers in 4
3%
Blazers in 5
1%
Blazers in 6
6%
Blazers in 7
5%
Warriors in 4
17%
Warriors in 5
41%
Warriors in 6
23%
Warriors in 7
4%

Total votes: 334

dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Re: WCF | P1: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers 

Post#981 » by dacrusha » Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 am

inquisitive wrote:Blazers still kept it close for a little over 3 qtrs. considering how bad they played. I am expecting a much closer game 2.

Nah... it was more like GS didn't bother to put their foot on the throttle once they reached a double digit lead in the 2nd quarter.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#982 » by red96 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:50 am

MrPerfect1 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
lol

Leastern conference fan talk is cheap.

Lets see how you do when your in the ring with GSW.

It won’t be pretty.

I asked one guy who thought the Raptors would be better defensively than the Rockets to put a bet (which teams keeps the Warriors to a lower PPG average throughout each series). If both teams make it, lets make an avatar/signature bet for the rest of the year (or we can push it for the full 2020 as well).

He has since disappeared. :lol:

PPG is a bad way to measure defense. Hou plays the 5th slowest pace in the NBA. Of course teams that play at a slower pace will allow fewer points

Also remember, that Curry and Klay were both neutralized throughout most of the series, and every game was a toss up that could've went either way. No team has played them closer/better in the last 2 years.

The Eastern finalist just needs to make it to game 6 without being blownout in any game. Easier said than done though. Thats just how talented the Warriors are.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#983 » by Madhouse » Wed May 15, 2019 11:50 am

HotTubMike wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
1. Rockets would likely be favored against either Bucks or Raptors;
2. Let's make a bet right now. Warriors vs. whichever team prevails from ECF. I'll bet Warriors.

The bucks would have massacred the rockets. Are you out of your mind? How would they have defended them at all?

I also believe the bucks will beat the warriors even with Durant. They are too physical, too disciplined, consistent effort every game, consistent from 3, and too dominant in the paint in regards to shot blocking and scoring. I will gladly take that bet.

Toronto would also be a good series for the warriors although I think they are a little too reliant on kawhi.

lol

It won’t be pretty.

You are underrating the Bucks.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#984 » by red96 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 am

Madhouse wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:The bucks would have massacred the rockets. Are you out of your mind? How would they have defended them at all?

I also believe the bucks will beat the warriors even with Durant. They are too physical, too disciplined, consistent effort every game, consistent from 3, and too dominant in the paint in regards to shot blocking and scoring. I will gladly take that bet.

Toronto would also be a good series for the warriors although I think they are a little too reliant on kawhi.

lol

It won’t be pretty.

You are underrating the Bucks.

The thing about the Bucks, is that they are relatively young and haven't proven anything meaningful against any real competition. The Rockets had many vets who've been through the trenches. The Raptors are lead by a player with championship pedigree, and will be their 1st real test. The Bucks aren't guaranteed to get out of that series.

Giannis isnt a threat from everywhere. If they actual make it to the final, let's see if a veteran team could adjust and gameplan to exploit one of Giannis weakspots.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#985 » by cpower » Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 pm

-TheDocOfDenial wrote:GSW added durant to beat LeBron not other WC teams.

yeah basically..When Curry got trapped on every play, Klay and Barnes were not good against good defense and they dont score enough to beat them. KD is the answer to score easy basket and he did just that.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,780

Post#986 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Denver would have give the Warriors a much bigger challenge. With no one to guard Jokic he would drop 30/12/8 with ease and make it a series.

Portland’s greatest strength (backcourt) pales in comparison to Golden State. This will be a shorter series in my opinion.

Blazers will take a game though, maybe even 2, but there’s no doubt it’s the Warriors who will advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#987 » by SeniorWalker » Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Impuniti wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:The bucks would have massacred the rockets. Are you out of your mind? How would they have defended them at all?

lol

It won’t be pretty.

I asked one guy who thought the Raptors would be better defensively than the Rockets to put a bet (which teams keeps the Warriors to a lower PPG average throughout each series). If both teams make it, lets make an avatar/signature bet for the rest of the year (or we can push it for the full 2020 as well).

Well I mean, I'm not going to disappear. I don't care about being wrong at all. I've also been on realgm for over 10 years, so I dont know why I would leave for being wrong about a playoff series...

That said, I really do think if the bucks make the finals they will win it all. The warriors are to be respected surely but they match up horribly with the bucks. The bucks can absolutely destroy them in the paint and also keep up with their shooting. There are definitely reasons to look at the matchup and think the warriors will have major problems unlike what Houston or anyone else so far has been capable of doing to them. I love Draymond and Iggy but if you think they are going to stop or significantly slow down giannis, I dont know what to tell you. It's going to be ugly. And dont even talk about KD guarding him, that would be a terrible idea. Their only hope in that regard is if cousins can come back and give them some respectable minutes as a big body to throw at him and force him to guard.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#988 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm

red96 wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I asked one guy who thought the Raptors would be better defensively than the Rockets to put a bet (which teams keeps the Warriors to a lower PPG average throughout each series). If both teams make it, lets make an avatar/signature bet for the rest of the year (or we can push it for the full 2020 as well).

PPG is a bad way to measure defense. Hou plays the 5th slowest pace in the NBA. Of course teams that play at a slower pace will allow fewer points

Also remember, that Curry and Klay were both neutralized throughout most of the series, and every game was a toss up that could've went either way. No team has played them closer/better in the last 2 years.

The Eastern finalist just needs to make it to game 6 without being blownout in any game. Easier said than done though. Thats just how talented the Warriors are.

Some teams have played equal or better better vs GS, they just have had fewer games than HOU. The Bucks are 2-2 vs GS the last 2 years. TOR is 2-2 the last 2 years also, including 2-0 this year.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#989 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:55 pm

HotTubMike wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
1. Rockets would likely be favored against either Bucks or Raptors;
2. Let's make a bet right now. Warriors vs. whichever team prevails from ECF. I'll bet Warriors.

The bucks would have massacred the rockets. Are you out of your mind? How would they have defended them at all?

lol

It won’t be pretty.

Pretty funny to call it the Leastern Conference when the West is so overpoweringly strong that POR made the Conference Finals ROFL. The Biggest threat to the Warriors out West is a team primarily known for choking in the playoffs.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#990 » by California Gold » Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm

The Warriors are primed to win the whole thing. The Durant injury may have been a blessing in disguise for them. Curry and Thompson were essentially slumping until they were called upon to get their team a big win. I think adding Durant (even as iso heavy as he is) back into a team hitting on all cylinders is trouble for the rest of the league.

It's almost like that 3rd gear that they have that no other team has and for a while that 3rd gear was broken. Now it's been repaired and it's all a climb to the trophy.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#991 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 pm

LOL 4 Eastern Conference teams can take down any west aside from the Warriors and 3 can challenge the Warriors better than the Cavs last year.
Read
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#992 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Now the blazers are a bad team? Ok this topic just went off the rails
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#993 » by Jay 20 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:21 pm

I hope the offense continues to go through Steph even when Durant comes back. Durant should be the compliment and the center of the offense needs to stay Steph.
Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#994 » by Triples333 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:LOL 4 Eastern Conference teams can take down any west aside from the Warriors and 3 can challenge the Warriors better than the Cavs last year.

The 100% healthy Rockets (which they were) would have clapped Boston and be slight favorites over Toronto/Philly. Bucks beat them imo.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#995 » by LKN » Wed May 15, 2019 2:27 pm

SeniorWalker wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
lol

It won’t be pretty.

Well I mean, I'm not going to disappear. I don't care about being wrong at all. I've also been on realgm for over 10 years, so I dont know why I would leave for being wrong about a playoff series...

That said, I really do think if the bucks make the finals they will win it all. The warriors are to be respected surely but they match up horribly with the bucks. The bucks can absolutely destroy them in the paint and also keep up with their shooting. There are definitely reasons to look at the matchup and think the warriors will have major problems unlike what Houston or anyone else so far has been capable of doing to them. I love Draymond and Iggy but if you think they are going to stop or significantly slow down giannis, I dont know what to tell you. It's going to be ugly. And dont even talk about KD guarding him, that would be a terrible idea. Their only hope in that regard is if cousins can come back and give them some respectable minutes as a big body to throw at him and force him to guard.

Eh - Cousins would be terrible on giannis... he's way, way too slow. They'd honestly be better off with Green and Iggy (and as you say - that's pretty dicey already)
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#996 » by HotTubMike » Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:

lol

It won’t be pretty.

Pretty funny to call it the Leastern Conference when the West is so overpoweringly strong that POR made the Conference Finals ROFL. The Biggest threat to the Warriors out West is a team primarily known for choking in the playoffs.

:dontknow:

That's how things shaped out the last day of the regular season... fortunate for Portland/DEN one of them had to make the WCF. GSW are an absolute juggernaut that can make anyone look bad. HOU has done the best job on them in the KD era.

Uh, yea, go make a list of the top 15 players in the NBA and tell me again how "good" the Eastern Conference is :lol: :roll:
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,618

Post#997 » by bmurph128 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 pm

This.

The fact that they won in Houston without KD....yikes.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant

Post#998 » by MrPerfect1 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:53 pm

HotTubMike wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
lol

It won’t be pretty.

:dontknow:

That's how things shaped out the last day of the regular season... fortunate for Portland/DEN one of them had to make the WCF. GSW are an absolute juggernaut that can make anyone look bad. HOU has done the best job on them in the KD era.

Uh, yea, go make a list of the top 15 players in the NBA and tell me again how "good" the Eastern Conference is :lol: :roll:

If making a Top 5 list of players in the NBA, it could easily be argued that 3/5 of them are in the East (Giannis, Kawhi Embiid).

MIL has been the best team in the League this year and only has 1 Top 15 player. # Top 15 players on a team is not exactly a perfect way to measure strength. Heck, some people think OKC has 2 of them and they always get bounced in Round 1
dynamic duo
Analyst
And1: 10,486

Post#1000 » by dynamic duo » Wed May 15, 2019 2:58 pm

bmurph128 wrote:

This.

The fact that they won in Houston without KD....yikes.

further proof that lebron is the goat, a 73-9 win team felt the need to beg another top 3 player in his prime to get past lebron.

Return to The General Board