Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Re: Nba draft lottery 05/14 lets the odds/gods be with us 

Post#121 » by stan francisco » Wed May 15, 2019 3:02 am

TKainZero wrote:
stan francisco wrote:I’ll say this, we got lucky. :D

We have the best future defensive PG already.

Ball stays.

We have Ingram whose performance end of season was flat out ridiculous on offense and his defense is perhaps all NBA 2nd team at the three.

Ingram stays.

FA will net us Leonard or Klay at the two. And as much as I hate it, it’s mist likely true that...

LBJ stays. Which leaves us with a pretty complete starting foursome assuming LBJ plays defense:

PG: Ball SG: Leonard SF: Ingram PF: James

As much as I love how well Kuz plays off of LBJ and how he’s got the eye of the tiger and all of the ways that he can score etc, he is still more valuable to us in a trade as long as LBJ hogs his starting spot. I don’t think we’re trading LBJ unfortunately.

So, to get Zion (the next generational physical freak difference maker a la LBJ) who would be the perfect fit with Lonzo:

Trade Kuzma and the 4th pick for the 1st pick.

Ball
Leonard
Ingram
James
Zion

It would take Zion doing a “Eli Manning” and refusing to
Sign in NO. I don’t think this has ever happen before in the nba

Or, a straight up trade for LeBron on draft day could work wonders.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#122 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 am

according to history the Knicks will pick some random guy and knicks fans are gonna boo, Lakers fans will rejoice as they accidentally get the number 3 pick without trying
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#123 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 am

Folks in Lakerland! I am making a slam dunk guarantee! By Hitting the lottery #4 pick, we are landing AD.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#124 » by dice » Wed May 15, 2019 4:24 am

would it have been more or less disappointing overall to have landed the #11 pick rather than moving into the top 4 and losing out after the commercial break?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#125 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 am

myersia wrote:We got 38 mill in cap space,top 4 pick, young core, and Lebron. Be happy guys!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I mean the cap and the 4 is good, the latter two not so much (not until Ingram learns to shoot).

I still would love to see us trade Lebron and bring in Kawhi.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#126 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:29 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That’s cute. Easy pass

I don't know, Lonzo's been the most frustrating prospect in recent memory, i'd consider it to be honest at 7 (they'd have to add a bit), only if we know for a fact that Kemba or Kyrie is coming though. Ideally though, we somehow convince them to give us Lauri, then we're talking.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#127 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That’s cute. Easy pass

I don't know, Lonzo's been the most frustrating prospect in recent memory, i'd consider it to be honest at 7 (they'd have to add a bit), only if we know for a fact that Kemba or Kyrie is coming though. Ideally though, we somehow convince them to give us Lauri, then we're talking.

In recent memory? No doubt his weird shot and finishing at the rim has been scary to witness at times, but I’d take Lonzo even with his bad jumper over the first two years of DLo. The most frustrating part has been his health, but we haven’t been exactly playing for much to see how injured he actually was. His defense last year was great and he started to figure out his offensive game a bit too right before the injury. Expecting a 7th pick in a meh draft to touch even what he’s become so far speaks to overrating the unknown of college kids.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#128 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:20 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:That’s cute. Easy pass

In recent memory? No doubt his weird shot and finishing at the rim has been scary to witness at times, but I’d take Lonzo even with his bad jumper over the first two years of DLo. The most frustrating part has been his health, but we haven’t been exactly playing for much to see how injured he actually was. His defense last year was great and he started to figure out his offensive game a bit too right before the injury. Expecting a 7th pick in a meh draft to touch even what he’s become so far speaks to overrating the unknown of college kids.

At least D'Lo could shoot. Lonzo can't shoot and he can't even drive to the hoop either. I'd have much less issues if Lonzo was a lot more assertive driving to the rim. Yes he's a great passer and his defence is good, but we drafted the guy #2, not #20, at this point i'd expect a lot more.
RamonSessions7
RealGM

Post#129 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

At least D'Lo could shoot. Lonzo can't shoot and he can't even drive to the hoop either. I'd have much less issues if Lonzo was a lot more assertive driving to the rim. Yes he's a great passer and his defence is good, but we drafted the guy #2, not #20, at this point i'd expect a lot more.

If the one metric was shooting, DLo had him but other than that, there wasn’t much to like. If he’s done developing at 21 with what he is yes I’d agree his draft position was awful. Hoping we’d be able to better replace the guy we picked with a 2 pick with a 7 pick is highly questionable as the same team is doing the choosing.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#130 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:29 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:In recent memory? No doubt his weird shot and finishing at the rim has been scary to witness at times, but I’d take Lonzo even with his bad jumper over the first two years of DLo. The most frustrating part has been his health, but we haven’t been exactly playing for much to see how injured he actually was. His defense last year was great and he started to figure out his offensive game a bit too right before the injury. Expecting a 7th pick in a meh draft to touch even what he’s become so far speaks to overrating the unknown of college kids.

If the one metric was shooting, DLo had him but other than that, there wasn’t much to like. If he’s done developing at 21 with what he is yes I’d agree his draft position was awful. Hoping we’d be able to better replace the guy we picked with a 2 pick with a 7 pick is highly questionable as the same team is doing the choosing.

Well i'd hope we get more than 7 on its own but it would also give us some cap flexibility. Furthermore, if we know for a fact that Kemba or Kyrie is coming, then why not try to bring in another young prospect (if we can land Garland and Culver/Langford/Bol Bol).
RamonSessions7
RealGM

Post#131 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

Well i'd hope we get more than 7 on its own but it would also give us some cap flexibility. Furthermore, if we know for a fact that Kemba or Kyrie is coming, then why not try to bring in another young prospect (if we can land Garland and Culver/Langford/Bol Bol).

If we land one of the max FA, and we don’t trade all of everything else for a 3rd star, I’d be even more likely to side with Lonzo than roll the dice with rookies while our window is now.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#132 » by BEazy » Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm

AD is in his prime starting now. He isn’t waiting for Zion to develop. He’s definitely leaving. Unless, Pelicans magically get a star player to play with him. Pelicans are better off starting all over with their new center piece.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,283

Post#133 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:That’s cute. Easy pass

Yes, I would have preferred Ball over the 2 years with D"Lo too but you got that right about his health and it's not just last year but also missing 32 games the season before. But I don't know if he actually mesh with Lebron esp on offense where he most of the time stood at a spot and wait for Lebron to initiate. Missing 60 % of your shot from 15 feet when nobody is in front of you has been very painful too.
I would consider trading Ball and fillers for Markkanen and Arcidiacono (or Dunn) esp if they get Kyrie. Lauri is a very good shooter and will be great next to Lebron IMO.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#134 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:AD is in his prime starting now. He isn’t waiting for Zion to develop. He’s definitely leaving. Unless, Pelicans magically get a star player to play with him. Pelicans are better off starting all over with their new center piece.

If I am a free agent, I would stay away as far as possible from Alvin Gentry. This guy is the most over rated coach and I am at a loss on why this guy has a job as a HC. He failed at Detroit, failed with the Clips with the prime Elton Brand and Cassell, inherited a great stacked team at Phoenix and was basically saved by Rondo 2 years ago.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#135 » by stan francisco » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Lonzo’s defense if for one full season will put him in all nba defensive team next season. Best defensive PG in the game going forward. For a 7th pick? Wake up, watch both sides of the ball, not just scoring.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#136 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 pm

[url][/url]
check out Darius Garland scouting video. Great form. Some think he has the range and form of Steph Curry. Seth Greenberg compares his ability to create shots like Lillard. The problem is he is coming from an ACL and just played 5 games.
Video showed he can pass and finish with his left hand.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Post#137 » by dockingsched » Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Spoiler:
[url][/url]
check out Darius Garland scouting video. Great form. Some think he has the range and form of Steph Curry. Seth Greenberg compares his ability to create shots like Lillard. The problem is he is coming from an ACL and just played 5 games.

His style reminds me of a shorter D’Lo when he was coming out of college
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#138 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:[url][/url]

Meniscus not ACL thats a huge difference.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#139 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:[url][/url]

Meniscus not ACL thats a huge difference.

Thanks for the correction. Seth Greenberg said he had an ACL from an interview with 710AM sportsradio this morning. Yes, major difference, so what's your opinion of him?
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#140 » by Sushisensei26 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:12 pm

I had no intention of watching the lottery but god damn wow.

What a rush. Haven't been that excited about my Lakers since we kept the 2 pick for Lonzo. Wow. Finally something good happens.

Bill Oram had a classic line yesterday: "It wasn't until humans were cut out of the process that something unequivocally good happened to the Lakers".

Wow.

Plz don't fcuk this up Pelinka and Rambii.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers