ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#241 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:17 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:they have Trae and Collins, and could add 2 of Hunter/Jaxson Hayes/Culver/Reddish/NAW. i wouldnt be mad at all about that if i was a Hawks fan.

With their 5th best record they had 31,5% chance to draft within top 3 and 8,8% chance to draft 8th. They draft 8th. They couldn't drop pass 9. (0,6% to draft 9th)
With Dallas top 3 protected pick they had 46% chance to draft 9th. They draft 10th with. ( 3% chance to draft worst than 10).

Litearlly by all statistics, it second worst draft scenario possible for them. (worst would be 9th and 11, with almost zero probability to happen. Well there was scenario where Dallas keeps pick , but Hawks had 82% chance of keeping their pick ).

It doesn't matter who they have, this is one of unluckiest scenarios in draft history.

yes, not a great draft scenario. They are still poised to be better than Orlando starting next year.

I don't know about that.
Two late lottery picks , never landed big name FA in history , their ceiling comes down to Young and Collins to take huge leap in development.
Maybe they can do it, maybe they can't. But i don't see them beng in playoff race next year.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#242 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed May 15, 2019 12:22 pm

All assumptions for the Hawks. I'm not impressed either.
They are putting up stats in a garbage team, when your subs are respectively are Jaylen Adams and Omari Spellman, I'm not putting up a lot of value in it.
We will see when they will need to win games.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#243 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:30 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:All assumptions for the Hawks. I'm not impressed either.
They are putting up stats in a garbage team, when your subs are respectively are Jaylen Adams and Omari Spellman, I'm not putting up a lot of value in it.

Also fastest pace in nba that gives their stars even more empty stats.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#244 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Gimme 1 of these 4 names (in order):

KPJr
NAW
Okpala
Keldon Johnson
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#245 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Vecenie has us taking Tyler Herro at 16.... and it gets worse. He has us taking Herro with both Kevin Porter Jr and NAW still on the board.

Porter Jr went to Indy at 18 and NAW went 19 to the Spurs... I don't really see our FO being that dumb to take a 1 dimensional player with Trex arms over KPJr or NAW who could be 2 ways contributors
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#246 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 pm

drsd wrote:
Tarheel wrote:Quick mock draft round up as of this morning:

Bleacher Report: 16. Orlando Magic: Nickeil Alexander-Walker (Virginia Tech, PG/SG, Sophomore)
NBAdraft.net: 16. Orlando Magic: KZ Okpala 6-8 195 SG/SF Stanford
SB Nation: 16. Orlando Magic: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, G, Virginia Tech
CBS: 16. Orlando Magic: PJ Washington | Kentucky | Soph | SG | 6-8
Tankathon: 16. Orlando Magic: Nickeil Alexander-Walker SG | Virginia Tech 6'5" 210 lbs

Some #46 mock picks:
Joshua Obiesie, German PG
Eric Paschall, PF Villanova
Admiral Schofield, SF Tennessee
Ethan Happ, PF Wisconsin
Jaylen Nowell, combo-guard Washington
Darius Bazley, PF high-schooler

So: lot's of PFs. Let's exclude Bazley, as it is unrealistic he will be available at #46. What I like is the older college bigs: Schofield and Happ. Either could make the team as a deep-bench player. Obiesie and Nowell look like two-way projects for me, but that is also OK at #46.

Schofield is a gamer, got to see enough of him as a Gator fan. I'd like that pick.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#247 » by tiderulz » Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
With their 5th best record they had 31,5% chance to draft within top 3 and 8,8% chance to draft 8th. They draft 8th. They couldn't drop pass 9. (0,6% to draft 9th)
With Dallas top 3 protected pick they had 46% chance to draft 9th. They draft 10th with. ( 3% chance to draft worst than 10).

Litearlly by all statistics, it second worst draft scenario possible for them. (worst would be 9th and 11, with almost zero probability to happen. Well there was scenario where Dallas keeps pick , but Hawks had 82% chance of keeping their pick ).

It doesn't matter who they have, this is one of unluckiest scenarios in draft history.

yes, not a great draft scenario. They are still poised to be better than Orlando starting next year.

I don't know about that.
Two late lottery picks , never landed big name FA in history , their ceiling comes down to Young and Collins to take huge leap in development.
Maybe they can do it, maybe they can't. But i don't see them beng in playoff race next year.

I bet they land a big name in the next year or 2. Many NBA players have homes in or near Atlanta, they just hadnt wanted to play for the Hawks. They are getting more buzz with players now. Trae is already better than our PG's after just his rookie season, and has a higher ceiling. Collins is at least as good as AG in just his second year. if they both take a "huge lead in development", that will be major.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#248 » by tiderulz » Wed May 15, 2019 1:08 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:All assumptions for the Hawks. I'm not impressed either.

and yet, they were winning games at the end of the season. if they arent good, then Doncic isnt good putting up stats on a garbage team and KAT isnt a good player putting up stats on a garbage team.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#249 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Winning game when nobody were giving **** about them.
Winning against playoof focused teams and tanking teams.

Yeah still no value.
You can't compare the Timberwolves and Mavs with the Hawks. Both tried for playoffs. The Hawks started tanking since day 1.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#250 » by tiderulz » Wed May 15, 2019 1:35 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:Winning game when nobody were giving **** about them.

Yeah still no value.
You can't compare the Timberwolves and Mavs with the Hawks. Both tried for playoffs. The Hawks started tanking since day 1.

So Dallas tried for the playoffs, and only finished with 4 more wins than Atlanta, a team that tanked since day 1? wow, Dallas is really really bad then. Doncic putting up stats on such a crappy team, must not be worth much.
overtheborder
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#251 » by overtheborder » Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Just listening to the Locked On podcast, and the guy made a good point in terms of the draft - a good draft pick is someone that contributes to an NBA team. That sounds obvious but I like that approach. No need to panic and try and sign one person to build a team around. Just sign someone who makes the team better.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#252 » by npiper17 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Yeah still no value.

So Dallas tried for the playoffs, and only finished with 4 more wins than Atlanta, a team that tanked since day 1? wow, Dallas is really really bad then. Doncic putting up stats on such a crappy team, must not be worth much.

I assume you’re talking about this season. If so then Dallas clearly tanked when it became clear they weren’t making the playoffs. They wanted to keep hold of this year’s pick which was top 5 protected. In reality, they should be happy to lose it this year because of the makeup of this draft after the top 3 picks.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#253 » by MoMM » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Yeah still no value.

Well, they will have KP back.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#254 » by drsd » Wed May 15, 2019 5:26 pm

zaymon wrote:Its funny with the lakers #4 pick. I am not that certain they will get better player than we and the $ difference is big. They want Garland who was projected 4-15.

Drafting 4th in a draft with only three sure-things. Yes.

drsd
RealGM

Post#255 » by drsd » Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Going to be a bigger meltdown if we sign Vuc

Based on fan votes here, 40% of us disagree with you.

drsd
RealGM

Post#256 » by drsd » Wed May 15, 2019 6:04 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Schofield is a gamer, got to see enough of him as a Gator fan. I'd like that pick.

Comes from a solid stable (military) family. Is a hard worker. HAs an all-around game. As the 14th man off of the bench, sure why not.

This is a great example of a practice squad player.

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#257 » by MasterGMer » Wed May 15, 2019 6:17 pm

I have a serious question: if Rui Hachimura slides to us, do we pick him?
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#258 » by OrlandoNed » Wed May 15, 2019 6:44 pm

MasterGMer wrote:I have a serious question: if Rui Hachimura slides to us, do we pick him?

No. He's not head and shoulders better than any wing prospect in the 16 range.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#259 » by MasterGMer » Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:I have a serious question: if Rui Hachimura slides to us, do we pick him?

No. He's not head and shoulders better than any wing prospect in the 16 range.

He was a top 10 pick just last month on Mock draft.

What happened? I watched his film. He seems legit.

So who will you pick?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#260 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:40 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:yes, not a great draft scenario. They are still poised to be better than Orlando starting next year.

I don't know about that.

I bet they land a big name in the next year or 2. Many NBA players have homes in or near Atlanta, they just hadnt wanted to play for the Hawks. They are getting more buzz with players now. Trae is already better than our PG's after just his rookie season, and has a higher ceiling. Collins is at least as good as AG in just his second year. if they both take a "huge lead in development", that will be major.

I have no clue is there any true in that rumor, but i heard that most players have side chicks in Atlanta and they don't want to play for Atlanta Hawks because it would mean whole family would move there :rofl:
Doesn't help knock down that theory knowing that they are strip club capital in US :rofl:

When i did some search , finding out that Atlanta has worst HIV rate among young adults ( 18-30) kind a shocked me.

This is so far off basketball topic but i think there is some truth in this.

Return to Orlando Magic