Joel Embiid crying is the best thing that happened to Philly 76ers

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Re: Joel Embiid crying is the best thing that happened to Philly 76ers 

Post#61 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Quote used to support anti-Embiid sentiment: “I didn’t notice. I just saw them shake their bodies. Good for them. Like I said -- I don’t care if it offends anybody. It’s all about having fun. I don’t care. I’m going to do that because I’m going to dominate.”

Well there ya have it folks. This is why Embiid deserves to be laughed at and ridiculed for being a child. I'm recusing myself from this conversation because anyone juvenile enough to adopt this mentality isn't self-aware enough to realize how petty and ridiculous it is.

I outlines the case for you again, even though I think everybody takes it as obvious.

On this particular point of the case, saying that you don't care if your showboating is offensive, that all you care about is fun, and that you are going to showboat because you are going to dominate.... well, by Embiid's own rules, I think he'd be laughing at a lot of people crying. He shouldn't laugh at those who deserve sympathy, but he doesn't care if it offends anyone, and if it's fun to do, he's going to laugh. He doesn't care.

Yes, I think that is part of a pattern of childish behavior. Cheers.

That doesn't follow logically at all and Embiid has never laughed at any player in that position. If he had this would be a different conversation- but Embiid is a better person than you it seems.

But for real I'm done here. This is going nowhere
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#62 » by sule » Wed May 15, 2019 5:32 pm

mksp wrote:
sule wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
**** and it took a Game 7 buzzer beating quadruple doink to get by despite having home court advantage? What does that say about the Raptors?

That the Raptors get it done when it counts.

One of the luckiest shots in NBA history = getting it done when it counts lol.

Nice of you to ignore the last few plays of the game where your team of 4 all-stars couldn't even get a shot off from our defense. Multiple expired shot clocks in a game 7.

Raps would've won in overtime anyway. That shot just did you guys a favour.

Maybe you Philly fans should use those tears to lubricate Embiid wonky joints.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#63 » by Luigi » Wed May 15, 2019 5:37 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Quote used to support anti-Embiid sentiment: “I didn’t notice. I just saw them shake their bodies. Good for them. Like I said -- I don’t care if it offends anybody. It’s all about having fun. I don’t care. I’m going to do that because I’m going to dominate.”

Well there ya have it folks. This is why Embiid deserves to be laughed at and ridiculed for being a child. I'm recusing myself from this conversation because anyone juvenile enough to adopt this mentality isn't self-aware enough to realize how petty and ridiculous it is.

I outlines the case for you again, even though I think everybody takes it as obvious.

On this particular point of the case, saying that you don't care if your showboating is offensive, that all you care about is fun, and that you are going to showboat because you are going to dominate.... well, by Embiid's own rules, I think he'd be laughing at a lot of people crying. He shouldn't laugh at those who deserve sympathy, but he doesn't care if it offends anyone, and if it's fun to do, he's going to laugh. He doesn't care.

That doesn't follow logically at all and Embiid has never laughed at any player in that position. If he had this would be a different conversation- but Embiid is a better person than you it seems.

"I don't care if it offends anybody, it's all about having fun." That's Embiid's rule, and that allows for laughing at crying people if it is fun. The logical inference is pretty straightforward.

My rule is better than Embiid's, I think. My rule is about the reason the person is crying, not about whether I think it is fun to laugh.

I don't know Embiid, and you don't know me. So let's try not to make this about better person. This is a conversation about a player in a story line in an entertainment league, and you keep lashing out at me personally for my view.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:

"I don't care if it offends anybody, it's all about having fun." That's Embiid's rule, and that allows for laughing at crying people if it is fun. The logical inference is pretty straightforward.

My rule is better than Embiid's, I think. My rule is about the reason the person is crying, not about whether I think it is fun to laugh.

I don't know Embiid, and you don't know me. So let's try not to make this about better person. This is a conversation about a player in a story line in an entertainment league, and you keep lashing out at me personally for my view.

Oh really? You don't say... After spending the better part of a day convincing everyone on the board that he's a child and deserves to be laughed at :crazy:

Your "logical inference" is an absurd one because he was talking about on-court celebrations, not laughing at someone else crying. Do you think he would argue murder is ok if the murderer is having fun? If not then hopefully you understand how flawed your logic is.

I know I recused myself but that was the lowest of low-hanging fruit.

Vladimir777
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,121

Post#65 » by Vladimir777 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:Joel Embiid crying and getting embarrassed and clowned at for crying is best thing that happened for Embiid and 76ers. Now your going to see less clowning from Embiid and more focused and angry Embiid who wants to make damn sure he doesn't want to feel that pain ever again. I expect MVP level from Embiid next season and 76ers should be excited

You said “is the best thing”; not “might be.” How do you know the future?
Luigi
General Manager

Post#66 » by Luigi » Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Oh really? You don't say... After spending the better part of a day convincing everyone on the board that he's a child and deserves to be laughed at :crazy:

Your "logical inference" is an absurd one because he was talking about on-court celebrations, not laughing at someone else crying. Do you think he would argue murder is ok if the murderer is having fun? If not then hopefully you understand how flawed your logic is.

I think you missed my point. Here's what I wrote earlier:

It also seems like the moral disgust you are feeling applies to people we have relationships with. Fellow students, coworkers, friends. I think that's different than laughing at a story. None of us are acquainted with Joel Embiid the person. Instead, we are acquanted with Joel Embiid the basketball personality in an entertainment league. He's more like a character in a story than the fellow student getting bullied. This character just underwent the change in the drama that leads to a later resolution.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:

It also seems like the moral disgust you are feeling applies to people we have relationships with. Fellow students, coworkers, friends. I think that's different than laughing at a story. None of us are acquainted with Joel Embiid the person. Instead, we are acquanted with Joel Embiid the basketball personality in an entertainment league. He's more like a character in a story than the fellow student getting bullied. This character just underwent the change in the drama that leads to a later resolution.

No, he's a person

duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,102

Post#68 » by duppyy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Silly thread.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#69 » by Luigi » Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

No, he's a person

I didn't deny that Joel Embiid is a person. I'm not making a comment on Joel Embiid the person. I have no evidence or relationship to him as a person.

I am making a comment on Joel Embiid's maturity level as an NBA professional in a basketball league for entertainment, complete with on court behavior, press conference behavior, and twitter behavior. I haven't brought up anything about how he treats his family or friends.
None of us are acquainted with Joel Embiid the person. Instead, we are acquanted with Joel Embiid the basketball personality in an entertainment league

If you know Joel Embiid as a person, you should console him. But it doesn't make sense to defend him as a person here, especially since I haven't criticized him as a person.
canadiansporter
Rookie
And1: 873

Post#70 » by canadiansporter » Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:Joel Embiid crying and getting embarrassed and clowned at for crying is best thing that happened for Embiid and 76ers. Now your going to see less clowning from Embiid and more focused and angry Embiid who wants to make damn sure he doesn't want to feel that pain ever again. I expect MVP level from Embiid next season and 76ers should be excited

I love the clowning. It's entertaining - as long as it's backed up with production... Which it will be now
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:

No, he's a person

I didn't deny that Joel Embiid is a person. I'm not making a comment on Joel Embiid the person. I have no evidence or relationship to him as a person.

I am making a comment on Joel Embiid's maturity level as an NBA professional in a basketball league for entertainment, complete with on court behavior, press conference behavior, and twitter behavior. I haven't brought up anything about how he treats his family or friends.
None of us are acquainted with Joel Embiid the person. Instead, we are acquanted with Joel Embiid the basketball personality in an entertainment league

If you know Joel Embiid as a person, you should console him. But it doesn't make sense to defend him as a person here, especially since I haven't criticized him as a person.

Not only have you done exactly that, you've spent an exorbitant amount of time doing so. Your twisted logic about Embiid being some kind of character in a novel is utterly ridiculous.

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#72 » by NBAFan93 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 pm

It certianly made him and them more likeable and they are getting a lot more respect for getting that close than I think they would have had he stormed off angry and acted like he didn’t care. I think it’s a good thing cause I think they are an elite team that played well and it just didn’t fall their way - I hate overreactions where the loser of a close matchup is trashed. Them talking about him crying is a lot better than them talking about him being a bad player.

Maybe Westbrook should cry next time he loses - may turn his image around ;)...he’d probably never do that though. Lol.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#73 » by Luigi » Wed May 15, 2019 5:57 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
No, he's a person

Not only have you done exactly that, you've spent an exorbitant amount of time doing so. Your twisted logic about Embiid being some kind of character in a novel is utterly ridiculous.

I'm sorry you can't follow the logic GeorgeMarcus. It's all laid out in writing for you in this thread. We'll just have to disagree.
WestGOAT
Starter
And1: 3,217

Post#74 » by WestGOAT » Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Luigi wrote:Growing up from this would be the right reaction for Embiid. I'll be watching to see if he's done giggling through press conferences about injuring fellow players and dancing on the court. We'll see what his tweets look like. Hope the kid grows up.

This x1000. I think many people fail te realize that many have no sympathy for Embiid because he has been disrespectful to other players. He's the definition of a flat-track bully: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/flat-track_bully.

His antics were very entertaining in the beginning, but he has gone overboard with his empty trash-talk as time went on.

That said, I also hope these playoffs light a fire under his ***, and he finally fulfills his potential. Most entertaining big to watch play since Shaq.
spotted in Bologna
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Luigi wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Luigi wrote:

I'm sorry you can't follow the logic GeorgeMarcus. It's all laid out in writing for you in this thread. We'll just have to disagree.

I've pointed out logical fallacies every step of the way and yet you persist, I'll give you props for resilience if nothing else

WestGOAT
Starter
And1: 3,217

Post#76 » by WestGOAT » Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 pm

packforfreedom wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:What has Embiid even done in recent memory? That **** airplane celebration? Lol people need to get over themselves, we’re living in a God damn echo chamber

Guy could have legit hurt Jared Allen, he should have shown more class. How is this funny in anyway?
spotted in Bologna
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 pm

WestGOAT wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:What has Embiid even done in recent memory? That **** airplane celebration? Lol people need to get over themselves, we’re living in a God damn echo chamber

Guy could have legit hurt Jared Allen, he should have shown more class. How is this funny in anyway?

He's laughing at Simmons' reaction to his apology, not Jarrett Allen.

MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#78 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:focused and angry Embiid

:o :o :o :o

4 terrifying words for a Raptors fan :D
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#79 » by JonFromVA » Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm

If they've discovered a way to use tears to repair cartilage and ligament damage, I could see this ...
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#80 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:He def wont go 180 and become Kawhi, that would be terrible

That would be an MVP of the league. :o
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to The General Board