ImageImageImageImageImage

If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#21 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Sushisensei26 wrote:The dude has his own agency. If we even think about trading him without his blessing we can kiss goodbye to every client they have now and in the future and others who aren't even clients but listen to him and his guys.

I am no fan of his and I hate the influence he has had. He got Luke fired and now we are thrift store shopping for a new coach. SMH. But at this point we kinda need him.

All this get Kawhi and AD and this and that is just fantasy.

Luke got Luke fired
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#22 » by stan francisco » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Sushisensei26 wrote:The dude has his own agency. If we even think about trading him without his blessing we can kiss goodbye to every client they have now and in the future and others who aren't even clients but listen to him and his guys.

Maybe this is why Jeannie is filling the front office with rich, white, middle age, entitled, incompetent, out of touch peeps like Linda Rambis? :curse: To make LeGroin want a trade away from here to NYK with Kyrie and KD or with Jrue and Randle in NO?

I’ll take our youth and Zion/AD in the half court over LBJ’s still-standing bouncy ball, all day long 365. Especially since we already have a generational talent play maker on the team in Lonzo; trade him now.

Sign Leonard or Klay.

Sneak in Nurkic on day one of FA for a good 3 or 4 year deal. He’s under the radar now due to injury etc, could maybe be had for cheap if we pounce.

Trade LeGroin for either Jokic/Giannis/Davis/Durant, if not Zion.

Ball, Rondo, Caruso
Leonard, Hart, Bullock
Ingram, pick/vet, Bonga
Kuzma, Wagner, Williams
Jokic, Nurkic, pick/vet
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,465

Post#23 » by dockingsched » Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 pm

It takes an astronomical level of foolishness to think the Lakers should trade lebron cause he’s bad for the team and also think they can trade him for a player like Jokic/Giannis/AD/Durant/1st pick.

That’s almost as bad as thinking premiere free agents are looking at the Lakers and thinking “If it wasn’t for Lebron, that would be the place to be”.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by stan francisco » Mon May 13, 2019 12:21 am

dockingsched wrote:It takes an astronomical level of foolishness to think the Lakers should trade lebron cause he’s bad for the team and also think they can trade him for a player like Jokic/Giannis/AD/Durant/1st pick.

The list of best selling jerseys and 29 owners might challenge that.

Modern era NBA titles:
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#25 » by -Spyda- » Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm

1st Pick (Zion)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#26 » by Kilroy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 am

A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#27 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed May 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Tatum + Hayward
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#28 » by Kilroy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:

I am no fan of his and I hate the influence he has had. He got Luke fired and now we are thrift store shopping for a new coach. SMH. But at this point we kinda need him.

Luke got Luke fired

Luke didn't get fired, he quit.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by stan francisco » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Kilroy wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:

Luke got Luke fired

Luke didn't get fired, he quit.

Yeah, because of LBJ. Ship his ass out.

Modern era NBA titles:
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#30 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 am

Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...

I think LeBron for Simmons + filler would be good.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#31 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

Can you imagine a playoff half court offense with Simmons and Ball on the court.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#32 » by TKainZero » Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Can you imagine a playoff half court offense with Simmons and Ball on the court.

Yes.
Same floor spacing as a 7th grade team.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#33 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am

The market is so low that you go over to the Sixers board, look at the threads that mention Simmons for LeBron and realize the world expects him to be awful.

At this point I think we have to keep him because:
A-do you trust Pelinka to get a good return in negotiations?
B- When I think of aging stars LeBron, to me, is built and plays his game these days like Malone MINUS a lot of the banging Malone took and plus a lot of modern loong range. Now look at the Mailman's numbers from Lebron's current age until he retired at 40:Karl Malone stats

Karl 35-40
38 mpg avg
8.7 rebounds
4.2+ assists
23 ppg *I deducted age 40 when he deferred to shaq and kobe and payton to ring change on ppg at 40.

career

37.2 mpg
10.1 rpg
3.6 assists
25.5 ppg

The drop off was pretty minimal. I don't think we are about to see Bron go decrepit. On the contrary I think if he's motivated, he'll have numbers close to this years for 5-6 more years. If people actually realized that his market value would be better than after a year with crappy results and a muscle injury (better than cartilage, tendon).

Don't get me wrong, it's depressing to think he will be here through his contract, but I don't think he's about to turn to dust at all.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#34 » by Spens1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 am

Now i think Simmons is great as he is the future of our national team. But hell no, he has the same issues as Lonzo (in that he can't shoot).

If they want him, they need to give us Embiid and that won't happen.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#35 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Lets be reminded again Laker fans. EXPERIENCE is an extremely valuable asset in the playoffs and Finals. We need an older Dawg on the floor in those playoff situations. Experience is key. No to trading Bron
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#36 » by Penberthy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Kawhi, Kyrie, KD, Klay have experience. If trading lebron convinces any one of them to sign as a FA, we do it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#37 » by TKainZero » Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 pm

The thing with lebron is, he hasn’t made any fans in la.

I would guess most lakers fans were indifferent or didn’t really like lebron. And what he did this past season has not endeared him to any of us

Only confirmed every little flaw that we thought he had
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#38 » by Kilroy » Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 pm

I think a lot of homers around the league are vastly underestimating what it would take to convince any team... Even the "Stupid, dysfunctional" Lakers... To trade LeBron...
He may be in the back end of his prime, but he's still there, judging from the numbers (and that's all anyone has ever judged him by, so let's not stop just cause he's a Laker)... And at worst, he's still a top 5 player in the NBA... AT WORST... I'd say he's at least 3rd, but I'm not a LeBron fan...

If the rumor about people close to Jeanie imploring her to trade LeBron are true, it's likely because they've either heard of an amazing offer, or they're literally Linda Rambis... Literally...

So Keep your "LeBron and 4 for Simmons" nonsense to yourself... No, Bradley Beal doesn't get you anywhere near LeBron...

Because even if we hated LeBron... We'd just keep him for another 3 seasons rather than dumping him for peanuts... LeBron will probably never fall into the "addition by subtraction" territory...

I think the bidding starts and ends with the Pelicans... Either it's AD, or Zion and bad contracts... I don't see anything else around the league I'd even consider trading LeBron for right now. Other than Giannis... But that's probably not happening.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#39 » by Landsberger » Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 am

Kilroy wrote:I think a lot of homers around the league are vastly underestimating what it would take to convince any team... Even the "Stupid, dysfunctional" Lakers... To trade LeBron...
He may be in the back end of his prime, but he's still there, judging from the numbers (and that's all anyone has ever judged him by, so let's not stop just cause he's a Laker)... And at worst, he's still a top 5 player in the NBA... AT WORST... I'd say he's at least 3rd, but I'm not a LeBron fan...

If the rumor about people close to Jeanie imploring her to trade LeBron are true, it's likely because they've either heard of an amazing offer, or they're literally Linda Rambis... Literally...

So Keep your "LeBron and 4 for Simmons" nonsense to yourself... No, Bradley Beal doesn't get you anywhere near LeBron...

Because even if we hated LeBron... We'd just keep him for another 3 seasons rather than dumping him for peanuts... LeBron will probably never fall into the "addition by subtraction" territory...

I think the bidding starts and ends with the Pelicans... Either it's AD, or Zion and bad contracts... I don't see anything else around the league I'd even consider trading LeBron for right now. Other than Giannis... But that's probably not happening.

So... hate to reduce it to money but who had the number one jersey in total sales in the world this year. The logo on the front gets a lot of that money too. He ain't going anywhere.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#40 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 pm

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Depends on how you would look at it. On the negative end , floor spacing would be an issue, but I think ball movement would be great. Generally, players improve their shooting through time so I wouldn't worry too much.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers