ImageImageImage

Prediction thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Prediction thread 

Post#1 » by jmr07019 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Predict the following:

- how the playoffs unfold
- where does Kyrie, Horford, Davis, Butler, Kawhi, Klay, Durant play next season

Give reasons or don't. My predictions:

- Raps over Bucks. Raps have a better supporting cast around Leonard.
- Dubs over Blazers. Steph is too good. The true alpha on GS.
- Dubs over Raptors. Too much talent on Dubs.
- Kyrie and Davis to Boston. Horford stays in Boston.
- Klay stays in GS. Butler stays in Philly
- Kawhi and Durant to LAC.
- History repeats itself. Jerry west doesn't lose. The Knicks do.
Show Love Spread Love
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Re: Prediction thread 

Post#2 » by Roddy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm

jmr07019 wrote:Predict the following:

- where does Kyrie, Horford, Davis, Butler, Kawhi, Klay, Durant play next season

- Kawhi and Durant to GSW.

What ??? Yu mean LAC right ?
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#3 » by Roddy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Bucks over raptors. Homecourt advantage could be the key.
GSW over Blazers. Warriors are just too good.
GSW over Bucks...easily.

Kyrie and KD to NY
Davis to Lakers
Butler and Kawhi to LAC
Klay stays.
Horford stays.

Can add :
Kemba stays
DeMarcus to Lakers
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#4 » by GWVan » Wed May 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Warriors over Bucks in the finals
Kyrie and Horford stay in Boston, Terry's offer from somebody is not matched.
Durant stays in Golden State
AD stays in NO
Kawai goes to the Clippers
The Knicks overpay Klay and Butler.
The Lakers get nothing done
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#5 » by amory87 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Think I agree with you on the playoffs, GSW over TOR

Horford stays in Boston
Kyrie and KD end up with the Knicks, I think it makes too much sense not to happen.
AD ends up with the Lakers after the #4 pick is enough to get the deal done with NO
Butler stays with Philly
Kawhi stays with Toronto
Klay stays in GS
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#6 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed May 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Predict the following:

Warriors over the bucks in 6.

Kyrie and Durant NY, Horford to the blazers,Butler to the clippers, Davis to Lakers, Klay stays in Oakland. Kawhi stays in Toronto.
*Insert witty signature here.*
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,139

Post#7 » by UNCBlue012 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:39 pm

- Bucks over Raps in six.
- Dubs over Blazers in five.
- Dubs over Bucks in six.
- Horford stays in Boston.
- Kyrie and KD go to Knicks
- Davis to Lakers for the No. 4 pick plus others
- Klay stays with Warriors
- Butler and Kawhi go Clippers
Extra prediction: Celtics trade for Mike Conley ...
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#8 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Warriors sweep the Blazers, Raptors beat Bucks, Warriors sweep Raptors.

Kyrie goes to New York, Davis stays in New Orleans (DO NOT **** THIS UP, DAVID GRIFFIN), Horford stays in Boston, Butler stays in Philly, Kawhi goes to the Clippers, Durant goes to New York, Klay stays in Golden State.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#9 » by Afam » Wed May 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Kyrie Re-signs with the Celtics.The New york hype is media created .

Anthony Davis Celtics

Kawhi Clippers.
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#10 » by jmr07019 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Roddy wrote:

What ??? Yu mean LAC right ?

Hahah yes I do. Edited
Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#11 » by jmr07019 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:

Kyrie goes to New York, Davis stays in New Orleans (DO NOT **** THIS UP, DAVID GRIFFIN), Horford stays in Boston, Butler stays in Philly, Kawhi goes to the Clippers, Durant goes to New York, Klay stays in Golden State.

Why do you want Davis to stay in NO? You think we have a shot at him in FA w/ Kyrie in NY?
Show Love Spread Love
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#12 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 15, 2019 6:03 pm

I don't know anything, but if I had to guess and IM NOT saying I'm right:

- Bucks take the Raptors in 6. Raptors supporting cast has actually struggled. Lowry is being paid 30 mils a year. He's averaging 12.5 on 41.5 from the field, .280 from 3.
- If I had to bet right now I also believe that Kyrie and Durant will go to NYK, but it could change. I still see Irving leaving regardless unless we get AD.
- Kawhi is more than likely headed to the Clips unless TOR wins the championship.
- Butler stays in Philly, Harris probably leaves and could go to the Lakers.
- I think LAC will sign another guy with Kawhi, it wont be Durant, imo.
- I literally have no idea where Davis ends up. I still think LAL's assets are trash compared to ours regardless of how Brown and Tatum performed in the playoffs. And Brown was pretty freaking nice. Tatum had ups and downs, still had more good games vs the Bucks than Irving. Ball and Ingram are too injury prone and Ball looks like a bust STRAIGHT UP as of right now. He's shot the ball worse than Smart and his FTs are at Shaq level type bad. Kuzma is a chucker who if not for scoring, brings nothing to the table. But it all depends on how Griffin values the #3(NYK) and #4(LAL) picks. So to me that's completely up in the air. Although Griffin has ties to LBJ and Danny, so I have no guesses here.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 15, 2019 6:03 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

Why do you want Davis to stay in NO? You think we have a shot at him in FA w/ Kyrie in NY?

I want Davis to stay in New Orleans because I'm so tired of every star forcing his way out of a small market and teams obliging them. Stop doing this, please. Even when it apparently works, like in Indiana, great you're two years removed and you still haven't made it out of the first round, meanwhile the guy you traded was an MVP candidate for much of the season.

Cleveland, you did really well trading Kyrie. Kudos. Enjoy the next 5 decades of suck.

The Pelicans just hired a new GM and they literally just lucked into Zion Williamson, so go build a good team. Don't trade Davis for a bunch of middling players from Boston, New York or LA. You're just going to do the same thing with Zion in 4 years when you look at your roster and you're paying Jaylen Brown the max and Zion wants out. If Davis wants to go sign in LA after his contract is up, good for him. But until then, build a roster and do something. 100 pct guaranteed if they trade Davis they'll get nothing useful out of it.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#14 » by grindtime22 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Predict the following:

Kyrie and Durant NY, Horford to the blazers,Butler to the clippers, Davis to Lakers, Klay stays in Oakland. Kawhi stays in Toronto.

Horford would be a great fit in Portland, but they would have to have some Houdini tricks to pull it off. They owe 126 million next year before they even think about Aminu, Hood, Kanter, or Curry. I wouldn't be surprised if they used their 1st to get off Evan Turner. Even if they attached their 1st round pick to Evan Turner and got his 18 million off the books, they would still be right up against the salary cap.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#15 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Predict the following:

Horford would be a great fit in Portland, but they would have to have some Houdini tricks to pull it off. They owe 126 million next year before they even think about Aminu, Hood, Kanter, or Curry. I wouldn't be surprised if they used their 1st to get off Evan Turner. Even if they attached their 1st round pick to Evan Turner and got his 18 million off the books, they would still be right up against the salary cap.

True, impossible unless the unload one of their players to the C's, which I doubt DAnny wants Turner for 18 mils, maybe for 5-6 he'd take him. :lol:
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#16 » by grindtime22 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Warriors sweep the Blazers, Raptors beat Bucks, Warriors sweep Raptors.

I want Davis to stay in New Orleans because I'm so tired of every star forcing his way out of a small market and teams obliging them. Stop doing this, please. You just hired a new GM and you literally just lucked into Zion Williamson, so go build a good team. Don't trade Davis for a bunch of middling players from Boston, New York or LA. You're just going to do the same thing with Zion in 4 years when you look at your roster and you're paying Jaylen Brown the max and Zion wants out. If Davis wants to go sign in LA after his contract is up, good for him.

Zion could be the first to do it, but has their ever been a player that passed up a max rookie extension and took the qualifying offer? I can't remember one. That is what Zion would have to do in 4 years. Even with Davis, they had 6 1/2 years before he requested a trade. The problem was taking a short term view instead of looking to build for the long term around Davis. They immediately starting flipping their 1st round picks year after year after year to try and win right away. It backfired......as it usually does. The same thing happened in Cleveland with Lebron the 1st time around. They continually made short term moves at the expense of the long term and it cost them.

If Davis still wants out, then you have to flip him for maximum return. They have a bunch of Washington 2nd rounders. They have their future 1st rounders. They can now have those, Zion, good young players, and multiple 1st rounders and future 1st rounders to build around. It is up to the organization to form a long term plan and to stick to it. The Pelicans are now in a fantastic position to do this thing right. Letting Davis walk in a year would be the biggest screw up they could possibly pull.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 15, 2019 6:28 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

I want Davis to stay in New Orleans because I'm so tired of every star forcing his way out of a small market and teams obliging them. Stop doing this, please. You just hired a new GM and you literally just lucked into Zion Williamson, so go build a good team. Don't trade Davis for a bunch of middling players from Boston, New York or LA. You're just going to do the same thing with Zion in 4 years when you look at your roster and you're paying Jaylen Brown the max and Zion wants out. If Davis wants to go sign in LA after his contract is up, good for him.

Zion could be the first to do it, but has their ever been a player that passed up a max rookie extension and took the qualifying offer? I can't remember one. That is what Zion would have to do in 4 years. Even with Davis, they had 6 1/2 years before he requested a trade. The problem was taking a short term view instead of looking to build for the long term around Davis. They immediately starting flipping their 1st round picks year after year after year to try and win right away. It backfired......as it usually does. The same thing happened in Cleveland with Lebron the 1st time around. They continually made short term moves at the expense of the long term and it cost them.

If Davis still wants out, then you have to flip him for maximum return. They have a bunch of Washington 2nd rounders. They have their future 1st rounders. They can now have those, Zion, good young players, and multiple 1st rounders and future 1st rounders to build around. It is up to the organization to form a long term plan and to stick to it. The Pelicans are now in a fantastic position to do this thing right. Letting Davis walk in a year would be the biggest screw up they could possibly pull.

Porzingis just did this, no? Or at least forced his way out and there is potential he may just sign the QO, we'll see.

I say build a good team around Davis, you have a full year to convince him to stay, you can offer him more money than anyone. Worst case, you have a sign-and-trade option available if you fail this year. I'm not trading him unless I'm getting a legit player back. Not Tatum, not Brown, not Mitchell Robinson. Give me Doncic if you want Davis or **** off.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#18 » by Valid » Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 pm

- Warriors beat whoever (who cares) in the finals.
- Celtics trade for AD and re-sign Kyrie. Horford stays.
- Durant and Kawhi to the Clippers (been saying this for a while).
- Lakers get Kemba or something.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#19 » by Triple7 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Roddy wrote:Bucks over raptors. Homecourt advantage could be the key.
GSW over Blazers. Warriors are just too good.
GSW over Bucks...easily.

Kyrie and KD to NY
Davis to Lakers
Butler and Kawhi to LAC
Klay stays.
Horford stays.

Can add :
Kemba stays
DeMarcus to Lakers

I agree with this.
djFan71
Retired Mod