It’s still mind boggling that Paul George decided to kill his career and stay with okc

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,540

Re: It’s still mind boggling that Paul George decided to kill his career and stay with okc 

Post#41 » by infinite11285 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:04 am

He signed up for this...

Literally.

I don't feel sorry for him at all.
OnlyOneWay2Play
Junior
And1: 399

Re: It’s still mind boggling that Paul George decided to kill his career and stay with okc 

Post#42 » by OnlyOneWay2Play » Thu May 16, 2019 2:11 am

If the Pelicans refuse to deal with the Lakers for AD, it makes a lot of sense for everyone (OKC, LAL, and PG13 himself) to do a trade like the following:

OKC gets: #4 pick and Brandon Ingram
LAL get: Paul George

Why for OKC?: Start to rebuild (since they are going nowhere anyway) with two great young players AND save a ton of money.

Why for LAL: Gets a great two-way player that fits well with LeBron. If they sign even a Kemba or Butler level player in FA (let alone Kawhi or KD), they are a legit contender: Lonzo-Butler-PG13-LeBron-Javale

Why for PG13: Gets to play on a real contender and not waste more years with shell-of-himself Westbrook AND go back to his hometown (+ bigger market) of LA
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#43 » by NBAFan93 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:20 am

OnlyOneWay2Play wrote:If the Pelicans refuse to deal with the Lakers for AD, it makes a lot of sense for everyone (OKC, LAL, and PG13 himself) to do a trade like the following:

Why for OKC?: Start to rebuild (since they are going nowhere anyway) with two great young players AND save a ton of money.

Why for LAL: Gets a great two-way player that fits well with LeBron. If they sign even a Kemba or Butler level player in FA (let alone Kawhi or KD), they are a legit contender: Lonzo-Butler-PG13-LeBron-Javale

Why for PG13: Gets to play on a real contender and not waste more years with shell-of-himself Westbrook AND go back to his hometown (+ bigger market) of LA

Lol. LeBron is 4 years older than Westbrook and missed 18 games last season. Let’s just see who is more of a “shell of themselves” a year from now. Brandon Ingram and pick for a 29 year old MVP-level player w/ 2 years left on his deal is LOL.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#44 » by mtcan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 am

OnlyOneWay2Play wrote:If the Pelicans refuse to deal with the Lakers for AD, it makes a lot of sense for everyone (OKC, LAL, and PG13 himself) to do a trade like the following:

I don't get it. If Russ is locked in for 4 more years and the Thunder are in this to win with Russ...why are they taking on inferior talent to PG13?
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#45 » by JN61 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 am

This is one of worst trades I have seen here for quite some time. Just because some teams are not crushing favourites to win championship it doesn't mean they should unload their best players to Lakers for bag of cookies.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#46 » by mtcan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:24 am

JN61 wrote:

This is one of worst trades I have seen here for quite some time. Just because some teams are not crushing favourites to win championship it doesn't mean they should unload their best players to Lakers for bag of cookies.

It's LA exceptionalism at its best. The whole world supposed to bend at the whim of the Lakers. I'm really getting sick of it...every time a talking head in the media talks about how important it is for LA to be good...NO. It is a slap in the face of all the other markets that scrape and claw for the talent that the LA and NYC teams just assume they are entitled to.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#47 » by NBAFan93 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 am

Laker fans still so salty over PG not choosing them - he was injured for a third of the season and it caused a drop off, but at least they were good enough when healthy to solidly be in the playoffs after injuries (can’t say the same for the Lakers, can you?).

You guys going to post this type of stuff for every big name that either stays with their current team or goes somewhere else next year too?

Trying to propose trades of damaged goods like BI, who isn’t even that good when not damaged and needs paid in a year, for an MVP level player in his prime. Smh.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#48 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 am

OKC is not looking too bright for the future right now.. still though if he thought that was best for him and his family more power to him. I probably would have left but whatever

He did get a bigger contract by staying though
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#49 » by James40 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 am

Dude loves fishing, especially Bass fishing, he’s in a great location for Bass fishing and tournaments. Good for him, he’s the fishing version of Karl Malone.

Also as much hate as Westbrook gets here, he’s got plenty of current and ex teammates that love him, except a snake of course.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#50 » by mtcan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:OKC is not looking too bright for the future right now.. still though if he thought that was best for him and his family more power to him. I probably would have left but whatever

OKC will be back next season. Russ isn't washed up yet and George will recover from his shoulder surgery. I'm sure they aren't as worried as Laker fans seem to be.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#51 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 am

mtcan wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:OKC is not looking too bright for the future right now.. still though if he thought that was best for him and his family more power to him. I probably would have left but whatever

OKC will be back next season. Russ isn't washed up yet and George will recover from his shoulder surgery. I'm sure they aren't as worried as Laker fans seem to be.

Haha I wasn’t attacking OKC or there fans, no need to be defensive.

Since you brought it up, as a Laker fan I’m actually not as worried about the future as you may think. The young core were obviously affected by LeBron and his presence just like Boston was with Kyrie and Hayward, yet Boston’s players hold so much more value according to the GB. It’s true Lakers fans as a whole overrate our players but RealGM underrates them.

The Lakers will be fine even if they roll with there current young core
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#52 » by Sulico » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 am

Oh wow. Worst post of the year so far.
How can a person be so wrong and ignorant on so many levels at the same time?

OKC start to rebuild? How? They practically have guranteed contracts with their whole roster for 2 more years!

Two young great player? Who's that "great" young player that can be taken 4th in this draft? And Brandon Ingram, according to every impact stat, was negative impact player last season, got worse this season, and now have career threatening condition. "Great" player, really?

Going from team that made playoffs to team that didn't is "getting to play on real contender"? What?

Lonzo Ball, who plays 50 games a season and can't shoot, PG after surgery, 35YO Lebron, Javale "Shaqtin" Mcgee, and a chance of Jimmy "chemistry" Butler is your legit contender in the league with this Bucks, Raps, Rockets and GSW? Are you for real?
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#53 » by Lawyershawn » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 am

Once trade demand didn't work, OKC called his bluff on $$$.
Lower Cases & Capitals
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,395

Post#54 » by TheNG » Thu May 16, 2019 6:17 am

iamtheking wrote:This is the guy who was going toe to toe with lebron James just a few years back before his injuries and now he’s literally have to carry Westbrook and okc to first round exits for the next 3-4 years.

I can’t imagine any other star or superstar that would make a decision similar to Paul George. He picked comfort over winning. Years back he will look back in this decision and will kick himself for staying.

IMO he will give okc one more year to fix the roster and he’ll demand a trade.

You gotta be kidding. You can't imagine any other star who picked comfort over winning?
I can tell you one - the one who wanted to be close to Hollywood and for the first time after many years didn't reach the playoffs. At least Paul George had personally the best season of his entire career last season.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,199

Post#55 » by Frank Dux » Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 am

He has to regret it. Westbrook is so selfish, and that team isn’t getting any better.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#56 » by homecourtloss » Thu May 16, 2019 6:27 am

Remember this a few months ago?

lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#57 » by kdthunderup » Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 am

He was having the best season of his career up until he hurt his shoulder, how has he exactly killed his career?
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#58 » by kdthunderup » Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 am

Guest202 wrote:Bill Simmons hits on this conspiracy once a month: Silver told PG and Lakers he isn't signing there. Too much blatant tampering, including tampering that led to Magic getting fined. I guarantee owners, especially Dan Gilbert, were livid behind the scenes that Bron and Magic were tampering so shamelessly.

And I believe it. PG to LA was a lock for like a year. Only way that didn't happen is because Silver flexed.

Or he decided he didn't want to move to a basket case organisation after he heard stories from players who played there recently. I know what is most likely.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#59 » by Buzzard » Thu May 16, 2019 7:02 am

I don't see anything wrong with his decision. If he likes OKC, good for him. I hope ATL can find a superstar or two who wants to play there; and not just live there or visit.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#60 » by red_power » Thu May 16, 2019 7:19 am

Money talks. And for such a fraud star injury prone all-star-for-2-months-in-a-year like George that was a major reason.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020

Return to The General Board