ECF | P1: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | MIL 1-0

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Bucks in 4
4%
Bucks in 5
17%
Bucks in 6
26%
Bucks in 7
11%
Raptors in 4
5%
Raptors in 5
1%
Raptors in 6
20%
Raptors in 7
16%

Total votes: 617

GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,508

Re: ECF | P1: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | MIL 1-0 

Post#2621 » by GSP » Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 am

itsme23 wrote:I’m not sure why people are upset about the Lopez comments. He’s having a great year and playing awesome.

But he simply is not an elite player, just having one of those amazing years. Ala Channing Frye, Andrew Bogut, JR Smith, Derrick Fisher etc.

Scrub going off. Good for him. He will get paid due to this series.

theres alot of room in between being a scrub and being an elite player

Lopez is a really good player this year and important to what the Bucks do on both ends. Maybe only 2nd most important to Giannis

and u are aware he has made an allstar team in the past right? Calling him a scrub is a braindead take
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,635

Post#2622 » by benhillboy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Van feet is now 1\16 on his last 16 threes Hahahha their coach might be the dumbest man alive. 4 points on 38% TS and he keeps playing him wow what a stooge coach. There's no reason he should of not been made a bench warmer and replaced with Lin by now.

I thought about playoff minutes when they acquired Lin, apparently the Raptors didn’t. Van Fleet gives you nothing consistently. Lin has his warts for sure but has always been one of the best PGs in the league at forcing his way to the line (.383 FT rate), vital in the postseason.

Kawhi is a beast but I feel his mediocre playmaking hurts him over the long run. A usage of 34% committing as many turnovers as assists isn’t ideal in the playoffs. A lot of that is Kyle being Kyle but what you gonna do.

I didn’t see the game but of course they lose after Lowry posts 30 and 8 rebounds. He just had to have 2 assists to 4 turnovers to kill his stat line while President Brogdon finished with a +18. There is no bad matchup for that dude. Big guard, quick guard. Starter, 6th man. 2nd quarter, crunch time, he’s always ready.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Re: ECF: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | P1 

Post#2623 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 am

freethedevil wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
LKN wrote:
Toronto shot fine from the outside... their percentage sucked because the Bucks blocked 11 shots.

Take away those blocks and they shot 49%.

That was my point... their outside shooting was fine

A blocked shot is a missed shot. It doesn't matter how a shot was missed.

Huh? Yes it does. If a shot is blocked, then that's more likely a reflection of defensive ability or matchup. If you're missing open shots more than you usually do, you can usually expect a regression to the mean.

We'll see what the open shot percentages were when NBA.com publishes the stats for this game. I'm confident they'll be very similar.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#2624 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 am

itsme23 wrote:Ok you are right he is an elite all star Center.
Wow are you ignorant. You don't need to be an elite all star center to not be a scrub. There is the entire middle ground where Lopez is. He is a very good player. Also, he made an all star game. You really must love embarrassing yourself with your brain dead hot takes.

I'm done indulging your stupidity any further.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#2625 » by freethedevil » Thu May 16, 2019 5:08 am

itsme23 wrote:I’m not sure why people are upset about the Lopez comments. He’s having a great year and playing awesome.

But he simply is not an elite player, just having one of those amazing years. Ala Channing Frye, Andrew Bogut, JR Smith, Derrick Fisher etc.

Equating lopez's game to be anywhere near as big an outlier as lowry is ridiculoys. Lowry went 7 of9 from 3, lopez went 4 out of 11. That 29 points didn't just come from lopez being hot or cold, they came from the raptors being forced to leave him open and lopez's own execution of the bucks system. The former, insane 3 point shooting can be reasonably expcted to regress to the mean without much adjustment. The latter reveals a fundemental matchup or system probelm for the raptors that they'll proabably need to adjust for to make go away. And if you adjust for lopez, there's a good chance you end up enabling another guy.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#2626 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 am

GSP wrote:

Lopez is a really good player this year and important to what the Bucks do on both ends. Maybe only 2nd most important to Giannis

and u are aware he has made an allstar team in the past right? Calling him a scrub is a braindead take

And Lowry is a 5-time all-star who is having a down year. Whether that's due to age or just a statistical aberration, we'll see. But you'd expect a big game from him more often than Lopez.

Ultimately, both were unexpected heroes who bailed out their teams tonight.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#2627 » by PhilBlackson » Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 am

[quote="Matty"][quote="PhilBlackson"][quote="Matty"]

Go be a Bucks fan then[/quote]

Lol because I can be objective and admit to any disadvantages. I know it's tough to understand being prepubescent but you'll get there one day too.[/quote]

It's one thing to be objective.

It's an entire thing to bend over in the general board and embarrass the rest of us Raptors fans.

If Nurse didn't screw with the rotation that worked in the 1st half this would have been an easy win & even Bucks fans know this. You sure as hell didn't expect us to have the lead for 38 minutes of the game. We let it slip away, it's as simple as that.[/quote]

If anyone wants to see something embarrassing they need look no further than using the search function to see the plethora of bias, flat out homerish threads you've created here n got sent home with your tail between your legs when you couldn't substantiate your claims lol

The irony too is you're only strengthening my point by pointing out that we led for 38 minutes lmao...then what happened??

What would you attribute to Kawhi's diminishing scoring after 3 quarters?!

How about getting any metric to compare benches over the course of the season and Playoffs??

Bucks bench scored 22pts, ours 12pts...we lost by how much?? Our bench matches their output and what would the score be???

Giannis played the most minutes for the Bucks at 37mins, everyone else 34 or less...we had 3 guys over 40+ minutes...why is that and what effect do you think that had??

I'll leave the bending over to you...thats your comfort zone.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#2628 » by freethedevil » Thu May 16, 2019 5:11 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Huh? Yes it does. If a shot is blocked, then that's more likely a reflection of defensive ability or matchup. If you're missing open shots more than you usually do, you can usually expect a regression to the mean.

We'll see what the open shot percentages were when NBA.com publishes the stats for this game. I'm confident they'll be very similar.

even if that's the case, it doesn't change that "it doesn't matter how a shot was missed" is a dumb take.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#2629 » by itsme23 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:12 am

What’s his numbers 10 points and 5 rebounds in the playoffs. He’s absolutely the 5th or 6th option on the bucks.

Middleton, Bledsoe, Giannis, Beogdan, Miritic all clearly better. I’m not debating Milwakee is a good team.

If the dude was not a scrub he would not sign for 2 mill a year and the lakers would not get rid of him. My point is he’s having a historic year as is most bucks players but his most probably will not repeat itself.

Once again it just sucks that Raps got dominated by a guy who there is a decent might not have been in the NBA this year and yet has had a great performance.

I get it you like him and he’s had a good year. Do it again next year Lopez, you most likely won’t as you never have before and you are quite old for nba standards.

Yes he’s not technically a scrub, but he is a scrub for what he did tonight as he’s never done it in the past and most likely won’t again. But it’s cool you have bromance crush on him. He played well. Enjoy the win.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#2630 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 am

benhillboy wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Van feet is now 1\16 on his last 16 threes Hahahha their coach might be the dumbest man alive. 4 points on 38% TS and he keeps playing him wow what a stooge coach. There's no reason he should of not been made a bench warmer and replaced with Lin by now.

I thought about playoff minutes when they acquired Lin, apparently the Raptors didn’t. Van Fleet gives you nothing consistently. Lin has his warts for sure but has always been one of the best PGs in the league at forcing his way to the line (.383 FT rate), vital in the postseason.

Kawhi is a beast but I feel his mediocre playmaking hurts him over the long run. A usage of 34% committing as many turnovers as assists isn’t ideal in the playoffs. A lot of that is Kyle being Kyle but what you gonna do.

I didn’t see the game but of course they lose after Lowry posts 30 and 8 rebounds. He just had to have 2 assists to 4 turnovers to kill his stat line while President Brogdon finished with a +18. There is no bad matchup for that dude. Big guard, quick guard. Starter, 6th man. 2nd quarter, crunch time, he’s always ready.

A usage of 34% averaging 31 ppg on 65% TS with a 30 PER is not ideal in the playoffs? That was his numbers going into tonight's game.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#2631 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am

I can't see this series going less than 6 games. Both teams would smoke the ECF teams of last year.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#2632 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am

freethedevil wrote:

Equating lopez's game to be anywhere near as big an outlier as lowry is ridiculoys. Lowry went 7 of9 from 3, lopez went 4 out of 11. That 29 points didn't just come from lopez being hot or cold, they came from the raptors being forced to leave him open and lopez's own execution of the bucks system. The former, insane 3 point shooting can be reasonably expcted to regress to the mean without much adjustment. The latter reveals a fundemental matchup or system probelm for the raptors that they'll proabably need to adjust for to make go away. And if you adjust for lopez, there's a good chance you end up enabling another guy.

A sample size of one game doesn't reveal anything.

And Lowry shot 39% or better from 3 from 2015-2018 (the 3 seasons before this one). He also had several months this year where he shot over 40%.

He's historically been an elite 3pt shooter. This game is only a significant outlier if you take this season as the sole representation of his shooting ability.
rrayy
Senior

Post#2633 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
GSP wrote:

And Lowry is a 5-time all-star who is having a down year. Whether that's due to age or just a statistical aberration, we'll see. But you'd expect a big game from him more often than Lopez.

Ultimately, both were unexpected heroes who bailed out their teams tonight.
Except if you actually watched the Bucks all season, it wasn't unexpected from Brook Lopez. Guy has had games like that all year long. Us Bucks fans weren't shocked at all and it sure as hell wasn't unexpected to us.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#2634 » by LKN » Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am

freethedevil wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
LKN wrote:
Toronto shot fine from the outside... their percentage sucked because the Bucks blocked 11 shots.

Take away those blocks and they shot 49%.

That was my point... their outside shooting was fine

Winner, winner, chicken dinner
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#2635 » by Tron Carter » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Van feet is now 1\16 on his last 17 threes Hahahha their coach might be the dumbest man alive. 4 points on 38% TS and he keeps playing him wow what a stooge coach. There's no reason he should of not been made a bench warmer and replaced with Lin by now.

He loves him for some reason. Even when we had Delon on the team, Delon would be glued to the bench while FVV got near-starter minutes. Nurse's obsession with FVV is why we traded Delon. It's infuriating to watch as a fan.

I thought Lin was injured?
R.I.P Black Mamba
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#2636 » by DutchManDanFan » Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 am

Nurse has to trust his bench more, otherwise it’s a Bucks sweep. As I wrote before the game the biggest problem for the Raptors is to keep up with the Bucks pace for 48 minutes. Trying to slow the game down or playing the starters 40+ minutes is not going to work, as we’ve seen today. Celtics tried this too.

This game is best case scenario for the Bucks. I expect a blow-out in game 2 and Bucks win game 3 or 4 (or both) if Nurse can’t keep his starters fresh for the 3rd and 4th q. Bucks made a comeback in the 3rd but after 2 missed ft’s from Giannis the momentum shifted back to the Raptors with a 10-0 run. I thought the Bucks would end it in the 3rd.
rrayy
Senior

Post#2637 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 am

itsme23 wrote:What’s his numbers 10 points and 5 rebounds in the playoffs. He’s absolutely the 5th or 6th option on the bucks.

Middleton, Bledsoe, Giannis, Beogdan, Miritic all clearly better. I’m not debating Milwakee is a good team.

If the dude was not a scrub he would not sign for 2 mill a year and the lakers would not get rid of him. My point is he’s having a historic year as is most bucks players but his most probably will not repeat itself.

Once again it just sucks that Raps got dominated by a guy who there is a decent might not have been in the NBA this year and yet has had a great performance.

I get it you like him and he’s had a good year. Do it again next year Lopez, you most likely won’t as you never have before and you are quite old for nba standards.

Yes he’s not technically a scrub, but he is a scrub for what he did tonight as he’s never done it in the past and most likely won’t again. But it’s cool you have bromance crush on him. He played well. Enjoy the win.
You really need to quit while you are behind. The Lakers didn't re-sign him not because he is a scrub, but because they are an incompetent bunch of idiots that didn't know how to properly use him. The Lakers have one of the worse management teams in the league and Lopez is a scrub because they didn't resign him? :rofl:

Your hot takes get more brain dead with every post.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#2638 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 am

Defensively I actually think lopez is very good and underrated. Offensively yeah he's a scrub, scoring on gasol who looks 50 years old doesn't impress me. At this point in his career Gasol is a good paint defender but that's it, pretty much equal with 2000 Sabonis.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#2639 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Van feet is now 1\16 on his last 17 threes Hahahha their coach might be the dumbest man alive. 4 points on 38% TS and he keeps playing him wow what a stooge coach. There's no reason he should of not been made a bench warmer and replaced with Lin by now.

He loves him for some reason. Even when we had Delon on the team, Delon would be glued to the bench while FVV got near-starter minutes. Nurse's obsession with FVV is why we traded Delon. It's infuriating to watch as a fan.

I thought Lin was injured?

Lin is fine. As is McCaw.

Nurse just hates them. And Lin did play poorly for us when he had a chance (albeit no worse than FVV). McCaw was solid for us ever since we acquired him, but he's gotten no playoff burn either.

Nurse just has some sort of fetish with undersized PGs.
rrayy
Senior

Post#2640 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:20 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Defensively I actually think lopez is very good and underrated. Offensively yeah he's a scrub, scoring on gasol who looks 50 years old doesn't impress me. At this point in his career Gasol is a good paint defender but that's it, pretty much equal with 2000 Sabonis.
ANother ignorant hot take. He is one of the best big man 3pt shooters in the league this season.

The ignorant hot takes are coming out of the woodwork here. :lol:

Return to The General Board