Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who is the 3rd best player?

Kyle Lowry
13%
Khris Middleton
43%
Pascal Siakam
34%
Malcolm Brogdon
4%
Marc Gasol
2%
Eric Bledsoe
3%
Other
1%

Total votes: 267

bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#61 » by bb22 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 am

Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#62 » by iggymcfrack » Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 am

bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.

Prior to this game, Raptors this postseason:

With Lowry on floor: +15.2
With Lowry on bench: -13.7

When his shot’s not falling, he’s still a monster. When it is falling, he’s as good as any point guard in the league.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#63 » by sca » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 am

bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.

This couldn’t be further from the truth. The Raptors role players don’t have anyone to blame except for themselves, because Lowry has been creating great looks for them this whole play-offs.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#64 » by bb22 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

iggymcfrack wrote:

When his shot’s not falling, he’s still a monster. When it is falling, he’s as good as any point guard in the league.

Come on. Prior to this game, he was averaging 12 5 and 7 on 41% shooting (28% from 3). His shot is rarely ever falling. He is nowhere near the elite PGs in the game. Last night's 4th quarter performance reminded me of his solid games against the cavs, where he performed well once the raps started losing ground in the game, but still ended up losing.
Firespo
Junior
And1: 533

Post#65 » by Firespo » Thu May 16, 2019 7:06 am

He's not the 3rd best player in this series but brook Lopez reminded me just how good offensively he truly is.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,367

Post#66 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:09 am

The Raptors were the top 3pt shooting team in the league since Feburary with Lowry and Gasol getting everyone open looks. Lowry has resigned himself to a play-making role pretty much all year as he's lost his own shot.

The Raptors have the playmaking. They just don't necessarily have the shooting talent (they are incredibly streaky, as they've also had bottom-5 shooting months earlier in the year).
Magic Is Magic
Senior
And1: 503

Post#67 » by Magic Is Magic » Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 am

It's very close between Middleton and Siakam obviously. (Sorry Lowry, defense matters). I go Siakam. He doesn't shoot the 3 as well but he is a slightly better rebounder and defender with double the steals and blocks while still scoring a couple more points per game.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#68 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 am

Someone already posted plus minus data. Almost invariably toronto raptors perform better with lowry. Markedly so. You are wrong. Take whatever L you need with you and learn from this experience and be better. Good day.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Dante80
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#69 » by Dante80 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:10 am

I think that it's Middleton over Siakam. Having said that, Siakam IS the MIP this year, and by the time he reaches Midds' age and/or experience he should be a far better player. He has ridiculous upside!
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#70 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am

i guess its Brook Lopez lmao
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,754

Post#71 » by Ayt » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am

Brogdon.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#72 » by Tomjas » Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 am

It’s Lowry

Guy is annoying af but a very good player

He blanked against the Sixers on the offensive end but contributed in other ways

Bucks don’t have a Butler or Simmons to contain him

Biggest problem for Raptors is Kawhi

He is worn down
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#73 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am

BroLo!
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#74 » by iggymcfrack » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am

bb22 wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

Come on. Prior to this game, he was averaging 12 5 and 7 on 41% shooting (28% from 3). His shot is rarely ever falling. He is nowhere near the elite PGs in the game. Last night's 4th quarter performance reminded me of his solid games against the cavs, where he performed well once the raps started losing ground in the game, but still ended up losing.

That’s the example of what I was talking about for “when his shot’s not falling”. He’d been shooting really poorly this playoffs, but he was still making the team better when he was on the floor.

For an example of when his shot is falling, you can take either tonight or the three biggest games of the season for Toronto last year when he averaged 22/3/8 on 63/50/86 shooting splits vs. Cleveland. It was one of the most efficient series I’ve ever seen in my life. If Derozan had gotten benched sooner, the Raptors totally could have taken the series.
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,571

Post#75 » by knuckles862 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:31 pm

dacrusha wrote:I like Middleton, but he has similar impact on the game as Tobias Harris... and Raptors shut him down something ugly in the 2nd round.

Will be interesting to see what happens in this series.

Eh I'm sure the sixers would trade Harris for Middleton in a heartbeat. Harris was shooting bricks from everywhere and he was open alot vs the raptors
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#76 » by TheProfessor » Thu May 16, 2019 1:16 pm

For the season it has to be Bledsoe, if we are considering form coming into the Milwaukee series. Well then I guess it's Middleton. Dudes giving you 18/7/5 with a TS of 58% and 44% from 3. I would say Siakam but Siakam hasn't been able to hit an outside shot since he tripped Embiid. Plus Siakam does not have the respect of the Refs yet, dude get's hacked and gets no calls. Only time he gets calls is when he misses, saw it the whole PHI series and its starting now in the MIL series. I think next year he starts getting those calls but for this series I dont see it.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#77 » by donkeylips » Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Middleton
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#78 » by Clay Davis » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Brook LOPEZ

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#79 » by jirrit » Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Middleton shot 1 for 6 from 3 yesterday. That means he's gonna go 15/20 the next three games.
BoBBo!
Starter
And1: 875

Post#80 » by BoBBo! » Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 pm

So we're 4 games into this series now and I'm more confused than ever :-? A legit case can be made for so many guys still.

Return to The General Board