So what if Zion doesnt want to play for the Pelicans?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,091

Re: So what if Zion doesnt want to play for the Pelicans? 

Post#21 » by Funcrusher » Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 am

1. Brian Windhorst has absolutely no idea whether Zion wants to play for NO or not. He's not in Zion's camp and is basically throwing out hypotheticals based off what essentially sounds like gossip. The whole point of any of this is to create the NARRATIVE that Zion doesn't want to be in New Orleans. the media has already planted the seed that Zion wanted to go to a big market initially, despite there being no indication from him or anyone close to him that that was his actual preference. this is what they do people.

2. there is zero chance he declines his draft eligibility and returns to Duke. ZERO. Again, Windhorst is a hack trying to generate attention for his network and is literally throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.

3. given 1 and 2, we can safely conclude this is fake news, and not worth even entertaining. case closed
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#22 » by Dr Aki » Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 am

if he doesn't want to play in NO, he should take the qualifying offer.

sure it's 5 years, but you don't demand anything without leverage.

and hey, after those 5 years, he'd be 24/25 years young, about to pick and choose from 29 other destinations
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#23 » by Spens1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am

baldur wrote:I am already sick media will push him to lakers or knicks for as long as he plays for the pelicans. Why are we even creating stories that he doesnt wanna play for the pelicans? Or is it being made way for the possibility pelicans will be relocated to seattle or las vegas?

That's probably the answer here. The media are going to do their best to push the Pelicans to Seattle i'd imagine.

With the Bucks actually good now, their really isn't a softer target than them.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#24 » by Baski » Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 am

Is this actually a thing? Or just media-fueled nonsense as per usual? NBA fans are getting to be the worst in the world if this kind of stuff is not only being tolerated, but supported and encouraged. Play out your damn contract and leave if you want, but forcing your way to your desired team is a douchebag move and disrespectful towards the entire concept of the draft.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#25 » by Spens1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

Funcrusher wrote:1. Brian Windhorst has absolutely no idea whether Zion wants to play for NO or not. He's not in Zion's camp and is basically throwing out hypotheticals based off what essentially sounds like gossip. The whole point of any of this is to create the NARRATIVE that Zion doesn't want to be in New Orleans. the media has already planted the seed that Zion wanted to go to a big market initially, despite there being no indication from him or anyone close to him that that was his actual preference. this is what they do people.

2. there is zero chance he declines his draft eligibility and returns to Duke. ZERO. Again, Windhorst is a hack trying to generate attention for his network and is literally throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.

3. given 1 and 2, we can safely conclude this is fake news, and not worth even entertaining. case closed

You know their is nothing wrong with him being unhappy about initially not wanting to go to New Orleans. He clearly was not happy in the slightest by the lottery (I mean you go from potentially ending up with MSG as your homecourt and being the saviour of the Knicks to playing at Smoothie King Arena, it is a bit of a hit), now the media are obviously blowing this up but all that needs to happen here and now is for the GM and coach to reassure him that New Orleans will be good for his career, its not that hard. They can sell him on making New Orleans a basketball town with him at the forefront of that movement.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#26 » by TimRobbins » Thu May 16, 2019 10:03 am

He will play for the Pelicans.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#27 » by Tomjas » Thu May 16, 2019 10:09 am

He will earn tens of millions this year wherever he plays

ZERO chance that he knocks that back
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#28 » by tondi123 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:24 am

baldur wrote:I am already sick media will push him to lakers or knicks for as long as he plays for the pelicans. Why are we even creating stories that he doesnt wanna play for the pelicans? Or is it being made way for the possibility pelicans will be relocated to seattle or las vegas?

Only if he doesn't suck. Nobody in the media is pushing Wiggins to go anywhere are they? Funny how that works out.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#29 » by svart » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

I don't know, to me it seems that for now all this narrative that Zion does not want to play for the Pels is created by some arseholes in the media, to serve their ratings or agenda. Putting ideas in the kid's head.

****'em !
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#30 » by sacking123 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:29 am

Funcrusher wrote:1. Brian Windhorst has absolutely no idea whether Zion wants to play for NO or not. He's not in Zion's camp and is basically throwing out hypotheticals based off what essentially sounds like gossip. The whole point of any of this is to create the NARRATIVE that Zion doesn't want to be in New Orleans. the media has already planted the seed that Zion wanted to go to a big market initially, despite there being no indication from him or anyone close to him that that was his actual preference. this is what they do people.

I don't know how people don't see this. I mean come on!
Can someone please explain what inside knowledge Windhorst has when it comes to Zion, who hasn't signed an agent, or what inside knowledge he has with the Pelicans franchise.
Look to who gains the most out of this trash non story and there is your source.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#31 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 am

This is what the sports world gets for stealing our Superbowl appearance. Curse of the NO-KG-AI

Feed me 7 years of your stars

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#32 » by Klayforspicy » Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 am

Wonder if Windhorst is gonna try and attach his career to Zion and be an unofficial publicist like he did LeBron in Cleveland.
He gets by being the nice jolly pudgy man of NBA,
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#33 » by Antinomy » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Berserk_Raptor wrote:Can he force his way off the Pelicans?

Is it possible for him to put pressure on the Pels to trade him to NY?

What kind of leverage does he have? He could say I'll play in China, but NO will still always have his rights. No one can force him to sign a contract with NO. Of course, then he won't play in the NBA.

Not if he pulls out of the draft.
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#34 » by Woody Allen » Thu May 16, 2019 11:37 am

I'd hope his career ends up like Steve Francis if he does that.

Return to The General Board