ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#261 » by tiderulz » Wed May 15, 2019 7:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
I don't know about that.
Two late lottery picks , never landed big name FA in history , their ceiling comes down to Young and Collins to take huge leap in development.
Maybe they can do it, maybe they can't. But i don't see them beng in playoff race next year.

I bet they land a big name in the next year or 2. Many NBA players have homes in or near Atlanta, they just hadnt wanted to play for the Hawks. They are getting more buzz with players now. Trae is already better than our PG's after just his rookie season, and has a higher ceiling. Collins is at least as good as AG in just his second year. if they both take a "huge lead in development", that will be major.

I have no clue is there any true in that rumor, but i heard that most players have side chicks in Atlanta and they don't want to play for Atlanta Hawks because it would mean whole family would move there :rofl:
Doesn't help knock down that theory knowing that they are strip club capital in US :rofl:

When i did some search , finding out that Atlanta has worst HIV rate among young adults ( 18-30) kind a shocked me.

This is so far off basketball topic but i think there is some truth in this.

LOL, i live in Atlanta. it is not known as the strip club capital in the US. much better clubs and more clubs in many other cities, to include Las Vegas, Miami, LA, NYC.

and never heard of this rumor you say of players having side chicks in Atlanta. where does this come from?

and what does HIV rates have to do with Atlanta attracting free agents? you went so far off the reservation on this
BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 683

Post#262 » by BlueBalls » Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 pm

I've been doing a decent amount of homework on this and I'm ready to recommend my pick.

Cannot pass on Kevin Porter if he's available.

If he's gone, I'd like to see Tyler Herro, PJ Washington or Sekou.

I'd be happy with any one of those four. Outside shot at Hachimura, whom I'd also take.

Echo the gentleman earlier who recommended Admiral Schofield with 46. Would be in love with that pick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,261

Post#263 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:I bet they land a big name in the next year or 2. Many NBA players have homes in or near Atlanta, they just hadnt wanted to play for the Hawks. They are getting more buzz with players now. Trae is already better than our PG's after just his rookie season, and has a higher ceiling. Collins is at least as good as AG in just his second year. if they both take a "huge lead in development", that will be major.

I have no clue is there any true in that rumor, but i heard that most players have side chicks in Atlanta and they don't want to play for Atlanta Hawks because it would mean whole family would move there :rofl:
Doesn't help knock down that theory knowing that they are strip club capital in US :rofl:

When i did some search , finding out that Atlanta has worst HIV rate among young adults ( 18-30) kind a shocked me.

LOL, i live in Atlanta. it is not known as the strip club capital in the US. much better clubs and more clubs in many other cities, to include Las Vegas, Miami, LA, NYC.

and never heard of this rumor you say of players having side chicks in Atlanta. where does this come from?

and what does HIV rates have to do with Atlanta attracting free agents? you went so far off the reservation on this

https://www.thrillist.com/sex-dating/atlanta/why-atlanta-is-the-strip-club-capital-of-america

oh i saw it on reddit, why no FA ever signed there and that sidechick thing was one of talking points :lol:

HIV was something i just stumbled on while trying to figure out. Well you know more about this topic than me ( Atlanta in general ) so what in your opinion is the reason why big time FA never go there?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#264 » by KillMonger » Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Vecenie has us taking Tyler Herro at 16.... and it gets worse. He has us taking Herro with both Kevin Porter Jr and NAW still on the board.

Porter Jr went to Indy at 18 and NAW went 19 to the Spurs... I don't really see our FO being that dumb to take a 1 dimensional player with Trex arms over KPJr or NAW who could be 2 ways contributors
Is he really that one dimensional? I saw a few games didn't seem that one dimensional to me.... Maybe you have more insight didn't watch him that much

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#265 » by tiderulz » Wed May 15, 2019 8:56 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

https://www.thrillist.com/sex-dating/atlanta/why-atlanta-is-the-strip-club-capital-of-america

oh i saw it on reddit, why no FA ever signed there and that sidechick thing was one of talking points :lol:

HIV was something i just stumbled on while trying to figure out. Well you know more about this topic than me ( Atlanta in general ) so what in your opinion is the reason why big time FA never go there?

so, one person's opinion 5 years ago, and now ATL is the strip club capital. lol, ok. :winkgrin:

As a person that has partaken a few of these, I would say Miami and LA have far better ones. to each their own

for a person that pushes facts out so much, seems strange when you drop things like this.

edit: the thrillist said portland was 2 years later

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/portland/why-portland-strip-clubs-are-the-best-in-america

or maybe they just promote whatever city throws them some money.

maybe Tampa
https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2012/jan/13/ellyn-bogdanoff/tampa-strip-club-capital-world/
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#266 » by tiderulz » Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Vecenie has us taking Tyler Herro at 16.... and it gets worse. He has us taking Herro with both Kevin Porter Jr and NAW still on the board.

Porter Jr went to Indy at 18 and NAW went 19 to the Spurs... I don't really see our FO being that dumb to take a 1 dimensional player with Trex arms over KPJr or NAW who could be 2 ways contributors
Is he really that one dimensional? I saw a few games didn't seem that one dimensional to me.... Maybe you have more insight didn't watch him that much

he seemed pretty one dimensional in the games i saw him. All offense, little defense. definitely wouldnt take him over NAW
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#267 » by KillMonger » Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

he seemed pretty one dimensional in the games i saw him. All offense, little defense. definitely wouldnt take him over NAW
Guess I got to watch more film towards the beginning or mid-season because I saw a few towards the end and I can honestly saw from my eyes he was decent defensively.... No where near a liability, but I also agree I wouldn't take him over NAW or porter for me personally

nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#268 » by nymets1 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:07 pm

How about we stick with these 3 guys as our possible #16 pick?

Nickell Alexander Walker
Tyler Herro
TY Jerome
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#269 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 15, 2019 10:12 pm

nymets1 wrote:How about we stick with these 3 guys as our possible #16 pick?

Nickell Alexander Walker
Tyler Herro
TY Jerome

Jerome are 16 would be one of the worst picks I could possibly imagine. Dude is a late 1st 27-30th and could end up 2nd round
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#270 » by KillMonger » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 pm

The picks I would be satisfied with is NAW, Langford, Porter and herro...i feel like we're in a good spot to get a productive player off the bench no matter who we get. They're not all going to be off the board by our pick.

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#271 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu May 16, 2019 12:52 am

Herro's negative wingspan worries me. You look at all of the length that is on Milwaukee and Toronto (both franchises benefiting from WeHam), I can't imagine we'd pick Herro when there are likely better 2-way options.

I really think we're drafting a Fournier/Ross replacement.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#272 » by KillMonger » Thu May 16, 2019 2:08 am

sure i guess when there are two way players you should prefer them, however i feel like defense isn't our problem. We are a pretty good defense, we need shooting and playmakers.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#273 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 am

Solid Snake wrote:sure i guess when there are two way players you should prefer them, however i feel like defense isn't our problem. We are a pretty good defense, we need shooting and playmakers.

I didnt really see Herro that great creating with the ball though. seems like just a shooter.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#274 » by nymets1 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:22 am

Solid Snake wrote:The picks I would be satisfied with is NAW, Langford, Porter and herro...i feel like we're in a good spot to get a productive player off the bench no matter who we get. They're not all going to be off the board by our pick.

You got 4 guys from that list, no more than 3.

nymets1
Head Coach

Post#275 » by nymets1 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:24 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
nymets1 wrote:How about we stick with these 3 guys as our possible #16 pick?

Nickell Alexander Walker
Tyler Herro
TY Jerome

Jerome are 16 would be one of the worst picks I could possibly imagine. Dude is a late 1st 27-30th and could end up 2nd round

How about these 3

Nickell Alexander Walker
Romeo Langford
Tyler Herro

Probably good chance NAW or Romeo will be available at 16 possibly both.

KillMonger
RealGM

Post#276 » by KillMonger » Thu May 16, 2019 3:12 am

tiderulz wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:sure i guess when there are two way players you should prefer them, however i feel like defense isn't our problem. We are a pretty good defense, we need shooting and playmakers.

I didnt really see Herro that great creating with the ball though. seems like just a shooter.

oh he does have a few moves in his bag, seen him hit harden step back 3's nothing but net....just look at some tape he's not Just a shooter its just what he's best at. Like i said before i prefer NAW and Porter but if they're both gone and Herro is the pick i wouldn't be mad at that he fills a need.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#277 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:27 am

BlueBalls wrote:I've been doing a decent amount of homework on this and I'm ready to recommend my pick.

Cannot pass on Kevin Porter if he's available.

If he's gone, I'd like to see Tyler Herro, PJ Washington or Sekou.

I'd be happy with any one of those four. Outside shot at Hachimura, whom I'd also take.

Echo the gentleman earlier who recommended Admiral Schofield with 46. Would be in love with that pick.

Agreed with porter.... Langford and NAW are definitely on my list as well.

i'd be ecstatic fr Schofield in the second
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,633

Post#278 » by thelead » Thu May 16, 2019 3:59 am

My head says Keldon Johnson in our range, my heart says Langford.

I would probably go for Keldon with his 46/38/70 percentages.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#279 » by SD2042 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:02 pm

SOUL wrote:Imagine Zion declares back to Duke. :lol:

I'll pack Vuc's bags myself

Don't be fooled by the media regime as their hopes for Zion in a large market crashed and burned. Rightfully so.

This footage will cheer you up. :lol:

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#280 » by MasterGMer » Thu May 16, 2019 8:37 pm

What about Brandon Clark, guys? Elite defense 4 Blocks per 40 mins. Highest Vertical and Agility in the draft. Crazy motor

Can transform our defense

Return to Orlando Magic