ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#301 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri May 17, 2019 12:25 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFrenchie wrote:hey pepe are you going to watch the euroleague final four?

think we'll see a efes / csk final !

Yea i'll catch up at least one of 2 games.

CSKA has history of choking in big games .

i'm not so sure that Fener will advance, Datome, Ennis and Lauvergne are all hurt and won't play.

Yes think the same for Fener, add to this that Kalinic and Vezely are not 100 % as they were both announced out and that Efes is quite strong this year and already had defeated Fener multiple times. Nothing to lose for them.

Csk is having a so so year that's why I think it's redemption time for them.

Anyway , great series ahead.

I think csk will win it all.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#302 » by Nyce_1 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Right now, for me:
NAW
Little
Thybulle

And...ATL has the best strip clubs for black men. Also side chicks galore. Facts.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#303 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 pm

I want:

Hachimura
Porter Jr.
Langford
Little

Or a trade to somehow get Reddish (if he slips).

Overall though we're in a great place because we can basically take BPA and have it fill a need for us (SG/SF).
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#304 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:I want:

Hachimura
Porter Jr.
Langford
Little

Overall though we're in a great place because we can basically take BPA and have it fill a need for us (SG/SF).

Sounds like Hachi got a promise late 1st... OKC or maybe Utah?
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#305 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri May 17, 2019 3:26 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Hachimura
Porter Jr.
Langford
Little

I've seen him mocked anywhere from 4th to 21st. I feel like a late 1st promise would be laughable to him.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#306 » by Tarheel » Fri May 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Putting my initial mock draft here (not accounting for hypothetical trades) up until our pick because I'm bored.

1. Pels - Zion Williamson
2. Grizz - Ja Morant
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - Jaxson Hayes
5. Cavs - DeAndre Hunter
6. Suns - Darius Garland
7. Bulls - Coby White
8. Hawks - Jarrett Culver
9. Wiz - Cam Reddish
10. Hawks - Bol Bol
11. Wolves - Sekou Doumbouya
12. Hornets - Rui Hachimura
13. Heat - Brandon Clarke
14. Celtics - PJ Washington
15. Pistons - Romeo Langford

Gives us the choice of Kevin Porter, NAW, Nassir Little and Tyler Herro. It's a tough call between NAW and Nassir Little for me, but in the end I take NAW I think.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#307 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri May 17, 2019 3:41 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Hachimura
Porter Jr.
Langford
Little

I've seen him mocked anywhere from 4th to 21st. I feel like a late 1st promise would be laughable to him.

Doesn't mean he won't interview with teams before "promise" and we always hear of these things early then doesn't happen... If i remember correctly OKC gave a promise to either Hami or Fergusson in previous draft
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#308 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Tarheel wrote:Putting my initial mock draft here (not accounting for hypothetical trades) up until our pick because I'm bored.

2. Grizz - Ja Morant
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - Jaxson Hayes
5. Cavs - DeAndre Hunter
6. Suns - Darius Garland
7. Bulls - Coby White
9. Wiz - Cam Reddish
10. Hawks - Bol Bol

Gives us the choice of Kevin Porter, NAW, Nassir Little and Tyler Herro. It's a tough call between NAW and Nassir Little for me, but in the end I take NAW I think.

I take Little personally. He's no where near a finished product but at the same time, his floor is actually pretty low. Scary prospect to support, but I like his length, athleticism, explosion, smooth mechanics, versatility, dawg mentality, willing to guard other team's best player, and hustle. Needs good coaching and a lot of repetition. Question his BBIQ and ISO ball handling, but at 16, we can't expect perfection. There's a reason he's available... at the same time, he could be long gone.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#309 » by j-ragg » Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Skin wrote:
Tarheel wrote:Putting my initial mock draft here (not accounting for hypothetical trades) up until our pick because I'm bored.

2. Grizz - Ja Morant
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - Jaxson Hayes
5. Cavs - DeAndre Hunter
6. Suns - Darius Garland
7. Bulls - Coby White
9. Wiz - Cam Reddish
10. Hawks - Bol Bol

I take Little personally. He's no where near a finished product but at the same time, his floor is actually pretty low. Scary prospect to support, but I like his length, athleticism, explosion, smooth mechanics, versatility, dawg mentality, willing to guard other team's best player, and hustle. Needs good coaching and a lot of repetition. Question his BBIQ and ISO ball handling, but at 16, we can't expect perfection. There's a reason he's available... at the same time, he could be long gone.

I like Little a lot too and his jumper is mechanically sound. Just needs to go in more. I agree though I wish he was a little bit better creating with the ball in his hands. Just gotta hope for development.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Kytu
Junior
And1: 36

Post#310 » by Kytu » Fri May 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Talen Horton Tucker reminds me of a more athletic and better shooting Isiah Briscoe.
The Strong Survive
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#311 » by Xatticus » Fri May 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Skin wrote:

2. Grizz - Ja Morant
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - Jaxson Hayes
5. Cavs - DeAndre Hunter
6. Suns - Darius Garland
7. Bulls - Coby White
9. Wiz - Cam Reddish
10. Hawks - Bol Bol

I think NAW is the easy pick for us.

Little used his size to his advantage at the collegiate level, but he won't be able to do that in the NBA. He is well built. I'd say he is something comparable to Justise Winslow. If he were a couple inches taller, I'd really like him. His body just doesn't seem to fit his game. I see the same in Brandon Clarke. A great screen-and-roll man with really good defensive instincts, but he is trapped in a wing's body.

Herro is a terrific shooter and a decent athlete. He doesn't seem to have a great feel for the game though and his lack of length is going to limit his defensive upside.

I don't really like Porter at all. He just doesn't put out much effort unless he has the ball in his hands and his shooting numbers on the easy stuff were really concerning. Most players are far better on catch-and-shoots and from the free throw line, but Porter was just the opposite.

There just aren't any glaring deficiencies in NAW's game and he improved substantially on-the-ball this past season, which is a really good sign. He looks a bit slight, but his measurements are actually pretty good. He is an adequate athlete. He should be good away from the ball and he can create a bit with his dribble. He is always switched on, moves his feet well, and has good anticipation. He understands the game and makes quick and accurate reads.

Okpala is interesting. He has an awkward coordination. He gets himself into bad spots, but shows enough coordination to make plays despite this. He looks like the lanky kid growing up that took a bit longer to figure it out. His improvement this past season was impressive; especially regarding his shooting. His finishing at the rim was terrible given his size. There is some obvious upside, but it's going to take some time to get there.

I'd take Doumbouya if he is there. He is really raw, but his combination of size, frame, athleticism, and energy is going to result in an impactful player of some sort.

I don't really see what makes Keldon Johnson an appealing prospect.

Langford should be gone before we pick. He has an easy athleticism, great body control, and really impressive touch around the basket. His balance is terrific on his step backs. He might need to tweak his shot, but he is going to be able to score at the next level. You'd like to see him work harder on defense, but his physical tools are undeniable.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#312 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 pm

NAW and Tacko... You’re welcome :wink:
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#313 » by basketballRob » Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 pm

For some reason I think Josh Jackson when I see Kevin Porter shooting. He shoots from his hip, it looks awful to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM

Post#314 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 pm

Xatticus wrote:
Skin wrote:

2. Grizz - Ja Morant
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - Jaxson Hayes
5. Cavs - DeAndre Hunter
6. Suns - Darius Garland
7. Bulls - Coby White
9. Wiz - Cam Reddish
10. Hawks - Bol Bol

Little used his size to his advantage at the collegiate level, but he won't be able to do that in the NBA. He is well built. I'd say he is something comparable to Justise Winslow. If he were a couple inches taller, I'd really like him. His body just doesn't seem to fit his game. I see the same in Brandon Clarke. A great screen-and-roll man with really good defensive instincts, but he is trapped in a wing's body.

Could be, I wouldn't be against it by any means. NAW is more NBA ready, but I think his athleticism will limit him to some extents. Little needs a lot more development, but has more potential to become elite. I'm leaning on the upside with Little, but NAW seems to fit us... I agree.

I'm not really a big fan of any of the prospects at 16. Would be interested to see a trade up or trade down.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#315 » by KillMonger » Fri May 17, 2019 8:24 pm

I look at nassir little and I'm like how is he not AG-lite? People really like duplicate talent i guess. No thanks from me, I'm done with players we have to teach to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#316 » by MagicFan101 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Solid Snake wrote:I look at nassir little and I'm like how is he not AG-lite? People really like duplicate talent i guess. No thanks from me, I'm done with players we have to teach to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, maybe I’m wrong (probably am) but Nasir Little doesn’t do much for me.

Can’t really be all that selective at #16 as you’re at the mercy of the 15 ahead of you but still.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#317 » by ezzzp » Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Read on Twitter
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#318 » by OrlandoMagic » Fri May 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Gut feeling - KZ
My hopes - Trade the pick along with Fournier
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#319 » by Bensational » Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Skin wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
Skin wrote:I take Little personally. He's no where near a finished product but at the same time, his floor is actually pretty low. Scary prospect to support, but I like his length, athleticism, explosion, smooth mechanics, versatility, dawg mentality, willing to guard other team's best player, and hustle. Needs good coaching and a lot of repetition. Question his BBIQ and ISO ball handling, but at 16, we can't expect perfection. There's a reason he's available... at the same time, he could be long gone.

Could be, I wouldn't be against it by any means. NAW is more NBA ready, but I think his athleticism will limit him to some extents. Little needs a lot more development, but has more potential to become elite. I'm leaning on the upside with Little, but NAW seems to fit us... I agree.

I'm not really a big fan of any of the prospects at 16. Would be interested to see a trade up or trade down.

You should get excited about NAW. He's going to be a stud. The next SGA or Mitchell type late lottery, but high rookie impact player.

NAW is the complete package. Handles, shooting, passing, driving and defense. He's not an elite athlete, but what he has in IQ, instincts and knowing how to use his body already makes up for that. He's great at using that wingspan to get him separation on his drives and layups, drawing contact with his body but keeping the hands free for the shot. He reads the floor incredibly well for someone who will play SG, spotting lanes, finding cutters, knowing how to draw defenders and get it to the open man. His one-handed whip passes are beautiful. He runs a break properly. And on top of that all, his hands are everywhere on defense.

If we draft him, he could become our Khris Middleton at SG.
Skin
RealGM

Post#320 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Bensational wrote:
Skin wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

You should get excited about NAW. He's going to be a stud. The next SGA or Mitchell type late lottery, but high rookie impact player.

NAW is the complete package. Handles, shooting, passing, driving and defense. He's not an elite athlete, but what he has in IQ, instincts and knowing how to use his body already makes up for that. He's great at using that wingspan to get him separation on his drives and layups, drawing contact with his body but keeping the hands free for the shot. He reads the floor incredibly well for someone who will play SG, spotting lanes, finding cutters, knowing how to draw defenders and get it to the open man. His one-handed whip passes are beautiful. He runs a break properly. And on top of that all, his hands are everywhere on defense.

If we draft him, he could become our Khris Middleton at SG.

I'd pay him $17M before I pay Fournier $17M. Is that excited enough? lol

Return to Orlando Magic