Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#941 » by shangrila » Fri May 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:What's with the Jimmy hate? All he did was expose what we already know about our foundation.

Just 4 more years left of AW.

Fans generally don't like it when you force a trade off their team.

It went way further than that. Wanting out is one thing; I never held it against Love and sure as hell didn't with KG. But when you pull the kind of BS stunts Jimmy did, trying to make an ass out of other people, acting like a petulant child who wasn't getting their way? Yeah, you can get ****.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#942 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 3:40 am

shangrila wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:What's with the Jimmy hate? All he did was expose what we already know about our foundation.

It went way further than that. Wanting out is one thing; I never held it against Love and sure as hell didn't with KG. But when you pull the kind of BS stunts Jimmy did, trying to make an ass out of other people, acting like a petulant child who wasn't getting their way? Yeah, you can get ****.

I was one of Jimmy's biggest supporters. The $hit he pulled is absolutely unforgiveable to me. Screw him and hope he never has any more success.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#943 » by PharmD » Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 am

shangrila wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Thiiiiis!!

I will never blame someone for not wanting to play for the Minnesota timberwolves. That I fully understand. Jimmy sat on the Wolves bench and cheered with the opposing fans in Golden State. Jimmy sat out home games for rest and then did not even bother to attend the game. Jimmy skipped pregame shootaround, was unreachable, then waltzed in right before tipoff @ Milwaukee 10/26. Thibs started him of course.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#944 » by minimus » Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

I was one of Jimmy's biggest supporters. The $hit he pulled is absolutely unforgiveable to me. Screw him and hope he never has any more success.

I hope that he will have success. However, it is interesting to see what he will prefer a max contract in rebuilding team or 2nd/3rd star role in a championship team. I don't believe that championship team can win title with Jimmy as main star.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#945 » by TheProdigy » Sat May 18, 2019 1:28 pm

shangrila wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Small correction: KG never asked to be traded. Management wanted to rebuild and had to convince KG to accept the trade.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#946 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 pm

DaKidKG wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Small correction: KG never asked to be traded. Management wanted to rebuild and had to convince KG to accept the trade.

Absolutely. He agreed to trade as favor to McHale.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#947 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 2:22 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shangrila wrote:It went way further than that. Wanting out is one thing; I never held it against Love and sure as hell didn't with KG. But when you pull the kind of BS stunts Jimmy did, trying to make an ass out of other people, acting like a petulant child who wasn't getting their way? Yeah, you can get ****.

I hope that he will have success. However, it is interesting to see what he will prefer a max contract in rebuilding team or 2nd/3rd star role in a championship team. I don't believe that championship team can win title with Jimmy as main star.

After what he did why do you wish him success. I think some failure would be more beneficial to him as a person than success.
minimus
RealGM

Post#948 » by minimus » Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I was one of Jimmy's biggest supporters. The $hit he pulled is absolutely unforgiveable to me. Screw him and hope he never has any more success.

After what he did why do you wish him success. I think some failure would be more beneficial to him as a person than success.

I believe that failure itself doesn't help people to understand. Meanwhile a good decision in a bad situation might help to understand.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#949 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 3:38 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:

I believe that failure itself doesn't help people to understand. Meanwhile a good decision in a bad situation might help to understand.

You can learn a lot from failure. Michael Jordan thinks so.
minimus
RealGM

Updates on former Wolves 

Post#950 » by minimus » Sat May 18, 2019 3:41 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:After what he did why do you wish him success. I think some failure would be more beneficial to him as a person than success.

It is not failure itself. It is about decisions you make after failure. Otherwise all losers would be successful, my experience suggests that it doesn't work this way
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#951 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 3:44 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:

It is not failure itself. It is about decisions you make after failure. Otherwise all losers would be successful, my suggest that it doesn't work this way

Those who fail to learn from failure are destined to fail.
yawner
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#952 » by yawner » Sat May 18, 2019 7:12 pm

PharmD wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Thiiiiis!!

I will never blame someone for not wanting to play for the Minnesota timberwolves. That I fully understand. Jimmy sat on the Wolves bench and cheered with the opposing fans in Golden State. Jimmy sat out home games for rest and then did not even bother to attend the game. Jimmy skipped pregame shootaround, was unreachable, then waltzed in right before tipoff @ Milwaukee 10/26. Thibs started him of course.

This wouldn´t have happened had Thibodeau traded him on summer. But Thibodeau didn´t want to trade him, no matter what. And that was pretty well known by everyone. The provocations and the sad embarrassing spectacle, was the only way Butler had to force a trade. Becasuse Thibodeau didn´t want to listen. The ultimate responsability fell upon Glen Taylor. He did nothing until it was too late. And yet, he waited half a season to fire Thibodeau. Just absurd.

I don´t blame him as much as you all do. :lol:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#953 » by Worm Guts » Sat May 18, 2019 7:14 pm

yawner wrote:
PharmD wrote:
shangrila wrote:It went way further than that. Wanting out is one thing; I never held it against Love and sure as hell didn't with KG. But when you pull the kind of BS stunts Jimmy did, trying to make an ass out of other people, acting like a petulant child who wasn't getting their way? Yeah, you can get ****.

Thiiiiis!!

This wouldn´t have happened had Thibodeau traded him on summer. But Thibodeau didn´t want to trade him, no matter what. And that was pretty well known by everyone. The provocations and the sad embarrassing spectacle, was the only way Butler had to force a trade. Becasuse Thibodeau didn´t want to listen. The ultimate responsability fell upon Glen Taylor. He did nothing until it was too late. And yet, he waited half a season to fire Thibodeau. Just absurd.

He had 1 more year on your contract, finishing with class shouldn’t have been too much to ask.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#954 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 7:19 pm

yawner wrote:
PharmD wrote:

Thiiiiis!!

Butler had no right to force a trade. He was under contract to the Wolves to be highly paid to play a game. If he had any honor he would have played for the Wolves to the best of his ability. Turned out he was a POS.
yawner
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#955 » by yawner » Sat May 18, 2019 7:36 pm

I´m not saying you are wrong. In fact, I agree with you. But you have to take into account how exceptional the situation was. The NBA is a players competition. We have seen many players asking to be traded. The difference, is that Thibodeau would have rather burnt the entire franchise with everybody (including himself) inside the Target Center, than trade his beloved Jimmy. And this is something Butler knew very very well. Hence all the **** he did. Well, that and the fact that he despised his teammates. And I cannot blame him for despising to play alongside Wiggins.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#956 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 18, 2019 11:51 pm

yawner wrote:I´m not saying you are wrong. In fact, I agree with you. But you have to take into account how exceptional the situation was. The NBA is a players competition. We have seen many players asking to be traded. The difference, is that Thibodeau would have rather burnt the entire franchise with everybody (including himself) inside the Target Center, than trade his beloved Jimmy. And this is something Butler knew very very well. Hence all the **** he did. Well, that and the fact that he despised his teammates. And I cannot blame him for despising to play alongside Wiggins.

Doesn't change fact that he is a POS.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#957 » by Domejandro » Sun May 19, 2019 12:06 am

Worm Guts wrote:
yawner wrote:
PharmD wrote:Thiiiiis!!

He had 1 more year on your contract, finishing with class shouldn’t have been too much to ask.

Plus, by taking it public, a trade would have happened without all of the antics. By acting in the way he did, he made it significantly more difficult for Minnesota to trade him for a reasonable return.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#958 » by KGdaBom » Sun May 19, 2019 3:23 am

Domejandro wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
yawner wrote:

Plus, by taking it public, a trade would have happened without all of the antics. By acting in the way he did, he made it significantly more difficult for Minnesota to trade him for a reasonable return.

Which we had no obligation to do.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#959 » by SmokeyPaw » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 am

Patton attending Raptors tryout camp:

Read on Twitter
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194