ImageImageImageImage

Mo Bamba's future with Orlando?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Mo Bamba's future with Orlando? 

Post#181 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat May 18, 2019 12:17 am

Bamba was far from being an offensive juggernaut as well as he was far from being a defensive juggernaut. Hopefully, he is learning to be better at both sides of the ball.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#182 » by fendilim » Sat May 18, 2019 9:44 am

It all starts with gaining more strength for Bamba, IMO.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#183 » by drsd » Sat May 18, 2019 10:12 am

fendilim wrote:It all starts with gaining more strength for Bamba, IMO.

ANd this is why he is not really a starting caliber player next year either.

This sort of transformation takes 3-5 years:
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#184 » by nicnac215 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:36 pm

drsd wrote:
fendilim wrote:It all starts with gaining more strength for Bamba, IMO.

ANd this is why he is not really a starting caliber player next year either.

This sort of transformation takes 3-5 years:

Bamba and Issac just need to get on some HGH for the summer and they will come back like new men. Seriously would be the best thing they could do. Just don’t get caught.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#185 » by pepe1991 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Most players belive that adding too much muscles ruins their shooting touch.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#186 » by yoyojw17 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Most players belive that adding too much muscles ruins their shooting touch.

With there sizes.... adding on and extra 20-35 lb would not be an excessively bulky body at all.... at least not to the point that it will truly affect their shooting. Spread 35 lb all across that surface area of bamba and he will not all of a sudden became a body builder. haha.

The trajectory of both players will change greatly by the additional mass in my opinion. IF they stay the same... the ceilings will be only so high.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#187 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 pm

You guys really didn't see Bamba making defensive strides before the injury? It was a talked about thing in the media and from coach Clifford.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#188 » by pepe1991 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Most players belive that adding too much muscles ruins their shooting touch.

With there sizes.... adding on and extra 20-35 lb would not be an excessively bulky body at all.... at least not to the point that it will truly affect their shooting. Spread 35 lb all across that surface area of bamba and he will not all of a sudden became a body builder. haha.

The trajectory of both players will change greatly by the additional mass in my opinion. IF they stay the same... the ceilings will be only so high.

I only posted it because somebody brought up HGH.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#189 » by yoyojw17 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

I only posted it because somebody brought up HGH.

:beer:
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#190 » by T-Cat » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Swol Bamba!! :nod: :nod:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Post#191 » by SOUL » Sat May 18, 2019 11:13 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:You guys really didn't see Bamba making defensive strides before the injury? It was a talked about thing in the media and from coach Clifford.

He for sure was. Didn't play great as a whole his rookie season, but he was useful the games before he got injured.. people just conveniently forget or have some weird aversion to saying anything nice about him because of liking another player.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#192 » by Bensational » Sun May 19, 2019 2:25 am

If Bamba comes back and gets to join a bench unit that has a better PG than Grant, another scoring presence like Ross, and another support scorer, in sure he'll look much more ready than he did this season. He's going to be fine, and his shooting will come in over the next few years, too.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#193 » by pepe1991 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:29 am

T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Swol Bamba!! :nod: :nod:

His upper body improved affer college, but it will take time to add some size to legs

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#194 » by Def Swami » Sun May 19, 2019 3:04 pm

I'm still very high on Bamba and want to see his development through. I expected him to have some lapses on defense while making adjustment to the NBA. It's rare for many NBA rookie big men to know the nuances of NBA defense.

The disappointment I had in Bamba was how much it seemed like he was coasting during games. His offensive performance definitely impacted his defensive effort. This was why there was such a palpable difference when Birch took his minutes. Birch knew his role and did it with 110%. I don't really care about Bamba's offense or jumper that much; if that stuff comes along down the road, then that's a bonus IMHO. But he's going to stick in the league for 10+ years with his defensive versatility, rim protection, and as a vertical spacer. Birch set screens and rolled hard, was able to blow up a pick n' roll and sprint back to protect the rim, and rebound. Birch is actually a great example what I expected from Bamba. Hopefully the extra mass and a year of seeing what it looks like helps him realize that potential.
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#195 » by Bonafide89 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Def Swami wrote:I'm still very high on Bamba and want to see his development through. I expected him to have some lapses on defense while making adjustment to the NBA. It's rare for many NBA rookie big men to know the nuances of NBA defense.

The disappointment I had in Bamba was how much it seemed like he was coasting during games. His offensive performance definitely impacted his defensive effort. This was why there was such a palpable difference when Birch took his minutes. Birch knew his role and did it with 110%. I don't really care about Bamba's offense or jumper that much; if that stuff comes along down the road, then that's a bonus IMHO. But he's going to stick in the league for 10+ years with his defensive versatility, rim protection, and as a vertical spacer. Birch set screens and rolled hard, was able to blow up a pick n' roll and sprint back to protect the rim, and rebound. Birch is actually a great example what I expected from Bamba. Hopefully the extra mass and a year of seeing what it looks like helps him realize that potential.
It was a strange season for Bamba. For most of us, he was drafted to be Vooch's replacement and it seemed almost certain Vooch would be dealt by trade deadline. He was immediately touted as the next great Orlando center.

Offensively, he wanted to showcase his skillset, but he doesn't have a go to move yet, so he relied on jumpshots and figuring out when he should pick and roll or pick and pop. Bamba even said he studies the unicorns of the NBA.

Birch knows his limitations and he sticks to his strengths. When Bamba was out, he got a good chance to observe what Vooch does well and what Birch does well, and yet he was able to see that they were both effective. In the early going, Bamba could strive to be somewhere in the middle of those two, while adding his own uniqueness and personality.
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#196 » by Bonafide89 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm

The summer league should be exciting for Bamba, assuming he plays. He should be dominant and make Issac-like strides. Since everyone says this is a weak draft, he should have no problem taking those guys to school. And I would be fine with him taking the majority the of the shots and just seeing what type of offensive improvements he shows. We saw AG and JI really step up from summer league year 1 to year 2.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#197 » by Skin » Tue May 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Just get this guy a playmaking PG.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,575

Post#198 » by basketballRob » Wed May 22, 2019 12:34 am

I remember a stretch last season where it appeared clear that Bamba was going to be a better prospect that Isaac.

Not sure now but at the time it looked that way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#199 » by KillMonger » Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 am

it may sound stupid but what keeps me high on bamba is one play....we're playing the jazz....we run a play....the play breaks down and somehow the ball ends up in bamba's hands......with Gobert(defensive player of the year) in front of him.....he crosses gobert over and finishes reverse layup....seeing that one play shocked me...made me realize he got more tools in his bag than i realized....man we got a chance here with Bamba....if we develop him the right way we really might have something
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#200 » by Nyce_1 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:23 am

Solid Snake wrote:it may sound stupid but what keeps me high on bamba is one play....we're playing the jazz....we run a play....the play breaks down and somehow the ball ends up in bamba's hands......with Gobert(defensive player of the year) in front of him.....he crosses gobert over and finishes reverse layup....seeing that one play shocked me...made me realize he got more tools in his bag than i realized....man we got a chance here with Bamba....if we develop him the right way we really might have something

Return to Orlando Magic