ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#321 » by nymets1 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:49 pm

Tarheel wrote:Putting my initial mock draft here (not accounting for hypothetical trades) up until our pick because I'm bored.

1. Pels - Zion Williamson
2. Grizz - Ja Morant
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - Jaxson Hayes
5. Cavs - DeAndre Hunter
6. Suns - Darius Garland
7. Bulls - Coby White
8. Hawks - Jarrett Culver
9. Wiz - Cam Reddish
10. Hawks - Bol Bol
11. Wolves - Sekou Doumbouya
12. Hornets - Rui Hachimura
13. Heat - Brandon Clarke
14. Celtics - PJ Washington
15. Pistons - Romeo Langford

Gives us the choice of Kevin Porter, NAW, Nassir Little and Tyler Herro. It's a tough call between NAW and Nassir Little for me, but in the end I take NAW I think.

I don't think Darius Garland falls out of the top 5, I believe Garland will go to the Lakers or Cavs and I don't think Cam Reddish is going in the top 10. I wouldn't be surprised if Reddish didn't go in the top 20. Other than that I'm fine with your other 13 picks. The top 3 picks are obvious to everyone. So more like your other 10 picks i'm fine with.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#322 » by MagicFrenchie » Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFrenchie wrote:hey pepe are you going to watch the euroleague final four?

think we'll see a efes / csk final !

Yea i'll catch up at least one of 2 games.

CSKA has history of choking in big games .

i'm not so sure that Fener will advance, Datome, Ennis and Lauvergne are all hurt and won't play.

Yes think the same for Fener, add to this that Kalinic and Vezely are not 100 % as they were both announced out and that Efes is quite strong this year and already had defeated Fener multiple times. Nothing to lose for them.

Csk is having a so so year that's why I think it's redemption time for them.

Anyway , great series ahead.

I think csk will win it all.

Damn I've should put money on it
:lol:
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#323 » by KillMonger » Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 am

sell me on KZ opola because i look at him as a "good at alot but master of none" kind of prospect....maybe a wilson chandler type?
Rayshard7
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#324 » by Rayshard7 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 am

Solid Snake wrote:sell me on KZ opola because i look at him as a "good at alot but master of none" kind of prospect....maybe a wilson chandler type?

Taller James Ennis
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#325 » by MagicFan101 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:20 pm

The latest nbadraft.net update has us going with KZ Okpala out of Stanford.

Names going in +/- 2 pick radius of ours include NAW, Keldon Johnson, Romeo Langford and Bol Bol.

Who do you want from that group?

Bol Bol doesn’t interest me for many reasons.

Among the others, I just haven’t seen enough to form a super strong bond to one name. I feel I could walk away intrigued by any of the 4.

Do you of you LOVE (or hate) any of the 4 wings more than the others?
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#326 » by NotACat » Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:The latest nbadraft.net update has us going with KZ Okpala out of Stanford.

Names going in +/- 2 pick radius of ours include NAW, Keldon Johnson, Romeo Langford and Bol Bol.

Among the others, I just haven’t seen enough to form a super strong bond to one name. I feel I could walk away intrigued by any of the 4.

I strongly prefer picking a SG with the pick, but haven't scouted enough of the PF prospects. I really like PJ Washington and think he absolutely needs to be in consideration.

NAW is my strong preference from the SGs because of his shot, defense, and the fact that his NBA skills are probably underrepresented from his college system
Black Lives Matter
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#327 » by MagicFan101 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:28 pm

NotACat wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:The latest nbadraft.net update has us going with KZ Okpala out of Stanford.

I strongly prefer picking a SG with the pick, but haven't scouted enough of the PF prospects. I really like PJ Washington and think he absolutely needs to be in consideration.

NAW is my strong preference from the SGs because of his shot, defense, and the fact that his NBA skills are probably underrepresented from his college system

I’m not sure what you’re getting at about Power forwards.

My question was about the four names projected (by nbadraft.net) to go within a pick or two us and all happen to be SG/SF prospects.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#328 » by Skybox » Sun May 19, 2019 1:59 pm

NAW looks great on YouTube, etc...I haven't followed closely...what are his flaws?
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#329 » by Bonafide89 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Skybox wrote:NAW looks great on YouTube, etc...I haven't followed closely...what are his flaws?
Solid in many areas but not the flashiest guy. Not a great athlete. He could struggle offensively although he is a decent shooter.

He seems like the kind of guy who WeltHam and Clifford would love, so drafting him makes a lot of sense.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#330 » by Xatticus » Sun May 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Skybox wrote:NAW looks great on YouTube, etc...I haven't followed closely...what are his flaws?

He had some stinkers in big games. He didn't show up for the NCAA tournament.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#331 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Xatticus wrote:

He had some stinkers in big games. He didn't show up for the NCAA tournament.

A lot of that had to do with Robinson coming back... NAW had gotten use to a role with him out and then just couldn’t get it going.

In ACC tournament which VT played without Robinson NAW had some good stat lines and played well
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#332 » by T-Cat » Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am

This kid is was impressive to me! I watched him play the whole scrimmage vs college level athletes and he basically stood out.

Apparently he was told not to play the very next scrimmage, maybe a certain team likes his upside! :nod:
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#333 » by taj2133 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Read on Twitter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#334 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

RIOT in the streets if we take another f*cking big man
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#335 » by taj2133 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:16 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

According to this guy on the bulls realgm message board who has inside sources says the magic are going to draft bruno fernado out of maryland.
GimmeDat » Today 8:44 am

Some more of the rumors buzzing around, I'll update the OP when I'm home -

doordoor123 wrote:
Just want to catch you up on some rumors. I’ll post sources moving forward, but you guys can probably google these or search twitter. Coby White has a promise before the Bulls pick, my guess either Suns or Cavs. Timberwolves like Hachimura, Hornets like Brandon Clarke, Heat like Bol Bol (Makes sense, they like upside players), Pistons like Romeo Langford (makes sense, Casey had a player that didn’t shoot threes in DeMar DeRozan when he was in Toronto), Magic like Bruno Fernando (looks like they’re moving on from Vucevic — they’ve been working out centers), 76ers interested in Cameron Johnson, Carsen Edwards wants to play in Phili and it seems like a good fit, Spurs still like Jontay Porter and might pick him with their second pick, Boston likes Tyler Herro (they need shooting), Bucks like Ty Jerome (fits coach Bud’s system really well)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1839582&start=180
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#336 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm

taj2133 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

According to this guy on the bulls realgm message board who has inside sources says the magic are going to draft bruno fernado out of maryland.

doordoor123 wrote:
Just want to catch you up on some rumors. I’ll post sources moving forward, but you guys can probably google these or search twitter. Coby White has a promise before the Bulls pick, my guess either Suns or Cavs. Timberwolves like Hachimura, Hornets like Brandon Clarke, Heat like Bol Bol (Makes sense, they like upside players), Pistons like Romeo Langford (makes sense, Casey had a player that didn’t shoot threes in DeMar DeRozan when he was in Toronto), Magic like Bruno Fernando (looks like they’re moving on from Vucevic — they’ve been working out centers), 76ers interested in Cameron Johnson, Carsen Edwards wants to play in Phili and it seems like a good fit, Spurs still like Jontay Porter and might pick him with their second pick, Boston likes Tyler Herro (they need shooting), Bucks like Ty Jerome (fits coach Bud’s system really well)

will have to see whose on the board still to decide if that's an acceptable pick
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#337 » by yoyojw17 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:17 pm

taj2133 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

doordoor123 wrote:

Well... if they truly think that Vuc isn't going to still be here and they feel as though he is well worth the draft position... i guess it makes sense... as long as they have a plan for filling in any other holes. :-)
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Post#338 » by MagicMatic » Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

You bet.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#339 » by NotACat » Mon May 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Our FO is always tight lipped. I don't buy it for a second. I'm sure we're doing our due dilligence, but no chance we go with a C at 16
Black Lives Matter
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#340 » by Def Swami » Mon May 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Won't be upset if they go with a big at #46. Odds that the #46 pick actually sticks in the NBA is pretty slim. Might as well just pick the guy most likely to have a role in the NBA, and it could be a big man.

Return to Orlando Magic