ImageImageImage

2019-2020 Roster Composition Wishlist (Non-Kyrie/ No-AD Edition)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,120

Re: 2019-2020 Roster Composition Wishlist (Non-AD/KD/Kyrie Edition) 

Post#81 » by Half-Full » Sun May 19, 2019 4:14 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Trade Tatum, Brown, Yabu, 14th for Davis.

Bring back Morris and Baynes. Sign Avery Bradley. Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Horford, Davis
Draft PG, Avery Bradley, Semi, Morris, Baynes

Would also consider a vet min on Jared Dudley for the vet presence as 15th man and to troll Simmons all year long. :)

Would need to include 20 and 22 signed to make the money work ...unless Davis waives his trade kicker. Could replace one of those picks with Williams too. But yeah that seems like a likely offer and a very strong offer. I don’t mind bringing back Wanamaker. For garbage time emergency oh duties. He was pretty solid I thought.

Yeah, Wanamaker was pretty solid. What struck me the most was that he actually looked like he was running the team when he was on the floor. Didn't always get that feeling with Rozier. He has a good BBall IQ and shot 41% from 3-point line. He's a good free throw shooter (85%), and has a nice floater. He only averaged a bit more than 9 minutes/game, but he would cost way less than Rozier, and is not such a talent drop off from Rozier IMO. Way better attitude too. So I'm on board with bringing Wanamaker back, certainly for the role that he filled this past season.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,275

Post#82 » by Parliament10 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Half-Full wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Trade Tatum, Brown, Yabu, 14th for Davis.

Bring back Morris and Baynes. Sign Avery Bradley. Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Horford, Davis
Draft PG, Avery Bradley, Semi, Morris, Baynes

Would also consider a vet min on Jared Dudley for the vet presence as 15th man and to troll Simmons all year long. :)

Would need to include 20 and 22 signed to make the money work ...unless Davis waives his trade kicker. Could replace one of those picks with Williams too. But yeah that seems like a likely offer and a very strong offer. I don’t mind bringing back Wanamaker. For garbage time emergency oh duties. He was pretty solid I thought.

Yeah, Wanamaker was pretty solid. What struck me the most was that he actually looked like he was running the team when he was on the floor. Didn't always get that feeling with Rozier. He has a good BBall IQ and shot 41% from 3-point line. He's a good free throw shooter (85%), and has a nice floater. He only averaged a bit more than 9 minutes/game, but he would cost way less than Rozier, and is not such a talent drop off from Rozier IMO. Way better attitude too. So I'm on board with bringing Wanamaker back, certainly for the role that he filled this past season.

I'd prefer somebody like Larkin, who we still have Rights too.
But, I can see a place for Wanamaker as well, with or without Larkin.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#83 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Would need to include 20 and 22 signed to make the money work ...unless Davis waives his trade kicker. Could replace one of those picks with Williams too. But yeah that seems like a likely offer and a very strong offer. I don’t mind bringing back Wanamaker. For garbage time emergency oh duties. He was pretty solid I thought.

I'd prefer somebody like Larkin, who we still have Rights too.
But, I can see a place for Wanamaker as well, with or without Larkin.

Hmmm. Yeah Larkin was pretty good too in that role...he had more minutes PG 14 to 9 and had more time against 2nd stringers rather than garbage time but Wanamaker was so much more efficient. I’d take Wanamaker if I had to choose
Sign here
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#84 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun May 19, 2019 5:59 pm

FutureIsGreen wrote:Smart, Rozier, Derrick Rose, Josh Jackson (cheap due to Arrest)
Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye,
Hayward, Morris
Baynes, Williams, Horford.

Draft a C/PF and pure shooter.

Trade Yabs to Suns for Jackson.
MLE on Rose.

Hope the off court bs disappears with KI gone, doesn't change much, can afford it. If we see the same issues here at the beginning of the year, trade Horford to a contender and try to get Davis as a UFA having kept all our assets.

Why does Phoenix want to dump Jackson for Yabusele?
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#85 » by captain green » Sun May 19, 2019 7:12 pm

We are kinda strapped at the moment.
With horford and hayward getting 60 million.
Horford at least moves the needle hayward absolutely kills us. I guess my wish list is to move his expensive contract add a pick to sweeten the pot. I don't really care what we get back as long as they can be healthy and expiring contract. Wish list complete. Due to kyrie no AD and trading hayward I think by subtraction we get better. Also no longer want rozier after he put everyone under the bus.
So smart, brown, tatum, horford,baynes
Sign larkin again, whatever we get from trading hayward, semi, draft picks, sign thies, time lord, and filler. I'm not opposed to bring morris back but not if it's a huge pay day.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#86 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 pm

What I realistically want to happen [read: I think Kyrie is gone regardless]:

Trade: Tatum, Smart, Yabu, Williams, MEM FRP, 20, 22 for AD.

Sign Beverly and Ellington.
Re-sign Morris.

Beverly/Brown/Hayward/AD/Horford
Wannamaker/Ellington/Morris/Semi/Baynes/Clarke

What I think will happen:

We trade up to 5 using all our first round picks. Draft Coby White.

Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford
White/FA/FA/Semi/Williams/Baynes
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#87 » by djFan71 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:59 am

I'm no draft guy, but liking what I'm reading on Nickeil Alexander-Walker.
Send 20 & Yabu to get Bellineli (or some other vet shooter).
Sign a big with MLE? Ed Davis/(B)RoLo/Mirotic/etc.
Vet mins on actual vets: Zaza, J Green, Calderon, Vince Carter, Felton, Amir, etc. Even if slightly (or fully) washed, know the game

Smart/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Baynes
Walker/Bellineli/Semi/MLE/Williams
Vet mins, 22, 2nd rounder.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,928

Post#88 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon May 20, 2019 1:10 am

djFan71 wrote:I'm no draft guy, but liking what I'm reading on Nickeil Alexander-Walker.
Vet mins on actual vets: Zaza, J Green, Calderon, Vince Carter, Felton, Amir, etc. Even if slightly (or fully) washed, know the game

Tatum regressed so bad that Danny just decided to waive him and stretch his contract. :D Not even deep bench. Savage.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#89 » by djFan71 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:07 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
djFan71 wrote:I'm no draft guy, but liking what I'm reading on Nickeil Alexander-Walker.

Tatum regressed so bad that Danny just decided to waive him and stretch his contract. :D Not even deep bench. Savage.

Lol, so used to post-trade lineups, I forgot.... I was surprised I didn’t have Hayward off the bench like I normally do sans AD.
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#90 » by vct33 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
vct33 wrote:I'm ready for a youth movement. Get Semi and RWIII some run with three shiny, new first round picks. Let Morris, Baynes & Rozier walk. Gimme Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford, Williams, Ojeyley and a bunch of youngsters and just go have some fun.

Nothing more exciting than shiny late first rounders. Miss the days of shiny James Young..

I prefer having fun actually winning games with guys who know how to play basketball.

I guess we have a difference of opinion. For me, the young, 24-win 06-07 team was WAY more fun than 49-win team I just watched.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#91 » by Afam » Mon May 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Be there done that with the so called likeable team, and the little engine that could. Pass. Not interested in a rebuild, and so are the celtics.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,573

Post#92 » by Celts17Pride » Mon May 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Afam wrote:Be there done that with the so called likeable team, and the little engine that could. Pass.

A team by the way that made it farther than any Kyrie Irving lead Celtics team.
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#93 » by FutureIsGreen » Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
FutureIsGreen wrote:Smart, Rozier, Derrick Rose, Josh Jackson (cheap due to Arrest)
Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye,
Hayward, Morris

MLE on Rose.

Hope the off court bs disappears with KI gone, doesn't change much, can afford it. If we see the same issues here at the beginning of the year, trade Horford to a contender and try to get Davis as a UFA having kept all our assets.

Getting arrested for resisting arrest and needing to move on. They need bigs, salaries are close. Feel Yabs could be a good fit there. They said they'd take a late first or 2nd for him. He may see some suspension time too. Fair Deal.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#94 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon May 20, 2019 10:59 pm

FutureIsGreen wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye,
Hayward, Morris

MLE on Rose.

Getting arrested for resisting arrest and needing to move on. They need bigs, salaries are close. Feel Yabs could be a good fit there. They said they'd take a late first or 2nd for him. He may see some suspension time too. Fair Deal.

Not that I doubt you or don't follow your logic here but is there any sourcing about Phoenix wanting to move on from Jackson. That seems really short-sighted if true and Yabu is basically a big, fat, "nothing-burger". It would truly be dumping a talent for nothing in return.

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,275

Post#95 » by Parliament10 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
FutureIsGreen wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Not that I doubt you or don't follow your logic here but is there any sourcing about Phoenix wanting to move on from Jackson. That seems really short-sighted if true and Yabu is basically a big, fat, "nothing-burger". It would truly be dumping a talent for nothing in return.

I don't think that Suns would want to move on from Josh Jackson, over this incident.
Those it does have Felony Charges in it.

This is all I've found.:
Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
FutureIsGreen
Junior

Post#96 » by FutureIsGreen » Tue May 21, 2019 1:47 am

Parliament10 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
FutureIsGreen wrote:

I don't think that Suns would want to move on from Josh Jackson, over this incident.

This is all I've found.:
Read on Twitter

I'm not saying they would, but I'd try to get him. Danny likes him, almost drafted here before. Fans/Bots want him gone everywhere I go online. So just a plausible target if No Kyrie.
FutureIsGreen
Junior

Post#97 » by FutureIsGreen » Tue May 21, 2019 1:50 am

We have 10 mill and and MLE to work with. Yabs saves 3, Jackson is 11 I think, would need to send pick 20 or 22 as well. Try for Jackson and a 2nd for Yabs and 22.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#98 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 am

vct33 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
vct33 wrote:I'm ready for a youth movement. Get Semi and RWIII some run with three shiny, new first round picks. Let Morris, Baynes & Rozier walk. Gimme Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford, Williams, Ojeyley and a bunch of youngsters and just go have some fun.

Nothing more exciting than shiny late first rounders. Miss the days of shiny James Young..

I prefer having fun actually winning games with guys who know how to play basketball.

I guess we have a difference of opinion. For me, the young, 24-win 06-07 team was WAY more fun than 49-win team I just watched.

Hell yeah we do. If fun is getting your ass kicked and losing 19 in a row, winning 24 out of 82 games than cool. But to me, that **** doesn't fly. I mean this team here had drama, but at least you could go into any game against anybody and expect a win. Some of the wins we had were awesome..the first Bucks win where we broke a franchise record in 3's, the 3 wins vs Philly, the 2 wins at home vs the Raps, the demolishing of the Bucks in game 1 of the offs and the Warriors beatdown in Oakland. The way we crumbled against the Bucks and how the team just drifted apart in the end made this season much, much worse than it was but this was a better season than 75% of other NBA fan bases have had in 10+ years.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#99 » by vct33 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:26 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
vct33 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

Hell yeah we do. If fun is getting your ass kicked and losing 19 in a row, winning 24 out of 82 games than cool. But to me, that **** doesn't fly. I mean this team here had drama, but at least you could go into any game against anybody and expect a win. Some of the wins we had were awesome..the first Bucks win where we broke a franchise record in 3's, the 3 wins vs Philly, the 2 wins at home vs the Raps, the demolishing of the Bucks in game 1 of the offs and the Warriors beatdown in Oakland. The way we crumbled against the Bucks and how the team just drifted apart in the end made this season much, much worse than it was but this was a better season than 75% of other NBA fan bases have had in 10+ years.

We had some great, fun wins this year but they are lost under a landslide of pissing away double digit leads and getting (gentelman’s) swept to end the season. I’ll admit that 06-07 is probably more special for me than most because it was the first time I had league pass and was able to watch all 82 games. And also because my favorite Celtic of the last 30 years was a fun, promising rookie. I didn’t mind the losses because Rondo, Jefferson, West, Allen etc... were giving me hope for the future.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#100 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue May 21, 2019 7:23 pm

FutureIsGreen wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

This is all I've found.:
Read on Twitter

I'm not saying they would, but I'd try to get him. Danny likes him, almost drafted here before. Fans/Bots want him gone everywhere I go online. So just a plausible target if No Kyrie.

Possibly. But even if it is, the trade scenario you suggested I would have to think is a non-starter. Jackson a former #4 pick with talent for our 12th man almost seems insulting.

Return to Boston Celtics