Re: Clippers Considered 'Equally Dangerous Threat' To Knicks To Sign Kevin Durant

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Clippers Considered 'Equally Dangerous Threat' To Knicks To Sign Kevin Durant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 am

Kevin Durant has long been most strongly linked with the New York Knicks should he leave the Golden State Warriors, but "very smart and plugged-in people" that have spoken with Marc Stein indicate that "the Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as an equally dangerous threat."

Stein has also previously "heard trusted insiders state with conviction that Durant is already planning to join the Knicks … and then that he is likely to consider the Nets as well … and now that he is eyeing the Clippers just as intently as New York."

Durant took several meetings when he was a free agent in 2016. It is not yet clear if he will follow suit again this offseason.

Via Marc Stein/New York Times

Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Re: Clippers Considered 'Equally Dangerous Threat' To Knicks To Sign Kevin Durant 

Post#2 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:14 am

Well he does have a history of joining the team that gives him the most trouble in the prior post-season :lol:
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#3 » by MartinToVaught » Wed May 22, 2019 2:33 am

I'm obviously biased, but the Clippers (or the Nets, for that matter) would be the best choice for Durant. He'd still get to fix his image in a big market, but he wouldn't have to deal with the incompetence and dysfunction of the Knicks. I've honestly been doubting the whole Knicks narrative for a while now, it just sounds like the New York media trying to speak it into existence.

I will say this: Durant went out of his way to praise a lot of Clippers players all season for someone who's supposedly signing with the Knicks.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Cookin Baskets » Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 am

Okay..So it's not a done deal that he is on the knicks for sure, :lol: this is obvious almost not news.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#5 » by puja21 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:22 am

"very smart" :roll:
^ridiculous

"the high intellect of these anonymous sources allows them to see inside a man's thoughts and predict the future!"
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#6 » by YelloC » Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 am

It’s just as likely that the Clippers strike out on everyone.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#7 » by Barcs » Wed May 22, 2019 4:58 am

But but but I thought Durant to NY was a lock??? That's all we've been hearing from our genius beat writers LOL. Sorry, but Durant's off season plan is something that nobody could dream of possibly knowing outside of Durant himself, and right now he is hoping to come back and play in the finals to win another finals MVP and NBA title. He's not focused on anything else.

The media just needs crap to gossip about to sell papers. They don't care that most of it is unsubstantiated 3rd party hearsay from anonymous "sources," they spout it as absolute truth for years. Yeah Durant is a lock to sign with the Knicks, just like Lebron was in 2010. :banghead:
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
CH Smoot
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#8 » by CH Smoot » Wed May 22, 2019 5:20 am

Nobody knows what's going to happen. These writers and us readers need to calm the anxiety, live with the uncertainty, and wait and see what happens. We'll all know who is going where within a few months.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#9 » by Hoops23 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 am

he better go to a team that will give him an identity.
GSW is Curry's team.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Wed May 22, 2019 7:01 am

Good. Take him. Knicks should be rebuilding properly
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#11 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 22, 2019 11:33 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I'm obviously biased, but the Clippers (or the Nets, for that matter) would be the best choice for Durant. He'd still get to fix his image in a big market, but he wouldn't have to deal with the incompetence and dysfunction of the Knicks. I've honestly been doubting the whole Knicks narrative for a while now, it just sounds like the New York media trying to speak it into existence.

I will say this: Durant went out of his way to praise a lot of Clippers players all season for someone who's supposedly signing with the Knicks.

How are the Knicks incompetent when they just opened two Max slots for 2 FA’s and also have the 3rd overall pick? This narrative that the Knicks are dysfunctional needs to stop. Scotty Perry and Steve Mills are the ones Dolan empowered to run the franchise, and they have done a good job acquiring young talent , assets etc
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#12 » by arasu » Wed May 22, 2019 11:39 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'm obviously biased, but the Clippers (or the Nets, for that matter) would be the best choice for Durant. He'd still get to fix his image in a big market, but he wouldn't have to deal with the incompetence and dysfunction of the Knicks. I've honestly been doubting the whole Knicks narrative for a while now, it just sounds like the New York media trying to speak it into existence.

How are the Knicks incompetent when they just opened two Max slots for 2 FA’s and also have the 3rd overall pick? This narrative that the Knicks are dysfunctional needs to stop. Scotty Perry and Steve Mills are the ones Dolan empowered to run the franchise, and they have done a good job acquiring young talent , assets etc

It usually takes winning to change narrative. Scotty Perry and Steve Mills look like a great FO tandem, but they need results in the win column before they will get much recognition.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Re: Re: Clippers Considered 'Equally Dangerous Threat' To Knicks To Sign Kevin Durant 

Post#13 » by nedleeds » Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Clippers please save the Knicks from themselves and sign this cone of soft serve. 36 year old KD on a max deal sounds miserable.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#14 » by nedleeds » Wed May 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:

Well, Mills signed Hardaway to an insane contract that immediately became one of the 5 worst in the league. He then had to trade away his top 3 rim protecting all star power forward to get rid of that deal. Then because they are weak willed and can't manage the story they stretched Noah for absolutely no good reason. Leaving themselves without expiring matching to use this off season (or the option to just stretch him immediately if the free agent stampede comes), or the option to just let him expire next season if they strike out on free agents. They then prioritized Mudiay over developing and letting Frank play to see if there is any potential there. Mudiay is just going to walk regardless, oh and he sucks. Signing Trier for a 2 year deal because he had a couple of chucktastic games? the fact that they couldn't flip DSJ in that trade to Orlando or Phoenix sucks also, he's terrible.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#15 » by MartinToVaught » Wed May 22, 2019 2:48 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

Well, Mills signed Hardaway to an insane contract that immediately became one of the 5 worst in the league. He then had to trade away his top 3 rim protecting all star power forward to get rid of that deal. Then because they are weak willed and can't manage the story they stretched Noah for absolutely no good reason. Leaving themselves without expiring matching to use this off season (or the option to just stretch him immediately if the free agent stampede comes), or the option to just let him expire next season if they strike out on free agents. They then prioritized Mudiay over developing and letting Frank play to see if there is any potential there. Mudiay is just going to walk regardless, oh and he sucks. Signing Trier for a 2 year deal because he had a couple of chucktastic games? the fact that they couldn't flip DSJ in that trade to Orlando or Phoenix sucks also, he's terrible.

And on top of all those mistakes from the front office, Dolan is still there. And he's pretty much guaranteed to get the Knicks in the headlines for all the wrong reasons at least once every year.
dickfox
Senior
And1: 521

Post#16 » by dickfox » Wed May 22, 2019 3:04 pm

I just have a feeling that no future hall of famer and top 10-15 player of all-time wants to wear that Clippers uniform. That franchise is tarnished from the Sterling years. I fully believe they need to have a rebrand with a name change.

LA Dragons? LA Shooters? LA Fame?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#17 » by madmaxmedia » Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 pm

YelloC wrote:It’s just as likely that the Clippers strike out on everyone.

I’d say they have at least a 30-35% chance (each) at KD or Kawhi. Which gives them a roughly 60-70% chance at landing one of them. It would not be a surprise to see them get neither, but they’ve done about everything right so far.

A big part is nailing their meetings with free agents. I’m pretty sure they’ll be able to get meetings with each and shot their shot.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#18 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:

The 3rd overall pick they have because they sucked... They were really tanking for 1.. I have no idea why you think this is a good thing..
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#19 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

The 3rd overall pick they have because they sucked... They were really tanking for 1.. I have no idea why you think this is a good thing..

So you expect a team filled with young players to be good?
And also
It’s a damn lottery , so the Knicks were not guaranteed the number 1. It’s that simple.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#20 » by br7knicks » Wed May 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

So you expect a team filled with young players to be good?
And also
It’s a damn lottery , so the Knicks were not guaranteed the number 1. It’s that simple.

No, spree, getting a top 3 pick is bad! Didn't you know that!? You should want 9, or 16, or even 27.

The higher the better, duh!

Lol, some posters
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to Wiretap Discussion