ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#541 » by Tomjas » Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 am

ConstableChaos wrote:Aussies re playing USA in front of about 60k people, fair bit of pressure on him to play these series.

I have a mate who works in advertising here saying BS wants to lift his profile here in oz, has approached multiple firms to do so

Gee i'd wish he's just shoot more instead

He is being heavily marketed in Australia, China and throughout Asia this summer

Anyone that claims that he won’t be working hard is an idiot

Same nonsense was claimed last year
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#542 » by kio80 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 am

Tomjas wrote:
ConstableChaos wrote:Aussies re playing USA in front of about 60k people, fair bit of pressure on him to play these series.

I have a mate who works in advertising here saying BS wants to lift his profile here in oz, has approached multiple firms to do so

He is being heavily marketed in Australia, China and throughout Asia this summer

We want him to work hard as a basketball player... not as a celebrity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#543 » by Tomjas » Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am

kio80 wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Just to set your mind at rest, he’s no longer dating a Jenner
sixerguy
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#544 » by sixerguy » Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 am

Is Drew Hanlen coming back to the Sixers after helping Embiid and Fultz to help Simmons this summer? Heard on either Lowe Post or SixersBeat pods that Ben planned to train with his brother again....Something about his brother being the "best" person to get through to him. horseshate if you ask me.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,933

Post#545 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu May 23, 2019 11:15 am

kio80 wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

But he cares more about being a celebrity than to improve his game, it is evident, he will get his max extension anyway. His low work ethic has been well documented in the past.
Horrible takes since 2016
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#546 » by phillynative » Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Lol what's funny is this will be another excuse going into the season with no jumper.

" I felt an obligation to play for my home I also worked on all of my game including my shooting maybe not as much as I could because of the tournament but I did work"

Just Watch
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#547 » by Samson » Thu May 23, 2019 1:33 pm

I hate to say it because I would never wish someone problems in their personal lives -- especially someone whom I really like , like Ben Simmons, and especially want to stay here on the team etc- .... but breaking up with Kendall Jenner (wait, which one was he dating? I can't remember. There are so many KardasJenners I forget.) -- that can only be a good thing as far as he signing his extension with us.

LA Is a joke right now, and while I am sure there are still huge amounts of chances he forces his way to LA, this is good for us now.

I'm trying to get the dream scenario up in here my peoples. Resign Tobias Harris & Jimmy Butler, have Ben Simmons sign his extension, and maybe get JJ back on the minimum (JJ has made his money already.)
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#548 » by phillynative » Thu May 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Tomjas wrote:

That doesnt matter to sixers fans , we want to see him get better so we can have a chance at the chip.
That is something Simmons fans and team behind him care about...
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#549 » by Tomjas » Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 pm

phillynative wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

That doesnt matter to sixers fans , we want to see him get better so we can have a chance at the chip.
That is something Simmons fans and team behind him care about...

Please explain how playing in a World Cup can hurt his development
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#550 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Tomjas wrote:Please explain how playing in a World Cup can hurt his development

Players don't typically add new elements to their game while they're still in competition.

By playing in games this summer, Ben is encroaching on time needed in the gym to implement new skill.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#551 » by Tomjas » Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Tomjas wrote:Please explain how playing in a World Cup can hurt his development

Players don't typically add new elements to their game while they're still in competition.

By playing in games this summer, Ben is encroaching on time needed in the gym to implement new skill.

That’s not how it works in any sport that I have played

Practice + games is infinitely more valuable than practice alone
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#552 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

You're talking about Ben gaining game experience.

We're talking about Ben adding new elements to his game.

The latter is far more important in this specific instance. It's far more important for Ben to come back with a pull-up mid-range game or acceptable setshot from three point range, than it is for him to just continue to get a feel for the game by playing.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,933

Post#553 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 pm

He already has excellent feel for the game, what he doesn't have is a good feel for the practice. Dude has played ball all his life, he is not one of those players that needs to play games because he is very raw.
Horrible takes since 2016
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#554 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu May 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Well he's got more than enough time to work on his shot between now and when he's In camp with Australia. Whether he switches shooting hands or not (and I pray he does) the bottom line is he MUST change his mechanics including his form and release. The key thing is he must at least understand what the problem is and seek to address it. Wasting reps with the same shot he has now would be utterly heartbreaking. IF he improves his mechanics then the next step is actually gaining the confidence to take shots In meaningful action so he can at least test his progress In a live game and also get used to taking shots from a mental point of view too. So tbh these games might be a blessing In disguise. All this will not be possible though If he doesn't get a real shooting coach and rebuilds that shot.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#555 » by kio80 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:54 am

He rather play with pigs then put up a shot.

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#556 » by the_process » Fri May 24, 2019 2:01 am

Is it wrong I’m relieved that Ben didn’t sneak onto 3rd team All-NBA? That extra money would really hurt the cap going forward.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#557 » by tsmith » Fri May 24, 2019 2:02 am

Seems the theme this offseason will be that if he posts anything on social media other than him hitting shooting people are going to be angry. Lol.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#558 » by the_process » Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 am

tsmith wrote:Seems the theme this offseason will be that if he posts anything on social media other than him hitting shooting people are going to be angry. Lol.

Ben would be better served staying off social media for the summer anyway. Dude has a lot of work to do.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#559 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 am

Kobblehead wrote:You're talking about Ben gaining game experience.

We're talking about Ben adding new elements to his game.

The latter is far more important in this specific instance. It's far more important for Ben to come back with a pull-up mid-range game or acceptable setshot from three point range, than it is for him to just continue to get a feel for the game by playing.

And honestly, he wont gain anything playing on inferior competition.

Think about it.. all he will do is to use his size to score over people. Something he can never do against the Siakams or the Kawhis of the the NBA.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#560 » by Rastas » Fri May 24, 2019 2:39 am

kio80 wrote:Image

He rather play with pigs then put up a shot.

Ben smiling as he says goodbye to the Kardashian/ Jenner clan (hopefully forever)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers