Re: Peyton Manning Unlikely To Become GM Without Ownership Stake

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Peyton Manning Unlikely To Become GM Without Ownership Stake 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Peyton Manning has been linked with several franchises in a front office role similar to John Elway with the Denver Broncos. Most recently, Manning has been linked with the New York Jets.

Manning reportedly won\'t take a front office job without an ownership stake.

\"The whole thing about Peyton Manning, I do not see that happening,\" writes Jay Glazer. \"Manning is not going to be a GM somewhere and work for team presidents, he’s going to be part of an ownership group. I could see him wanting a little equity.\"

Via Jay Glazer/The Athletic

ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#2 » by ebrian » Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 am

Until we see an actual quote from the man himself, there's no link to the Jets at all. Just rumors. It's the media trying to manufacture story for the Jets in the news by mentioning Peyton Manning, who has absolutely no connection to the Jets other than a coach that once coached him. Guess what, Peyton had an 18 year career; there are plenty of coaching connections all over the league.

"I could see him wanting a little equity." should pretty much end it right there. Okay Jay Glazer, YOU could see him wanting that.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#3 » by Barcs » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Please buy the Jets!!! The Johnsons are some of the worst owners in football and know pretty much nothing.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Thu May 23, 2019 7:45 pm

ebrian wrote:Until we see an actual quote from the man himself, there's no link to the Jets at all. Just rumors. It's the media trying to manufacture story for the Jets in the news by mentioning Peyton Manning, who has absolutely no connection to the Jets other than a coach that once coached him. Guess what, Peyton had an 18 year career; there are plenty of coaching connections all over the league.

"I could see him wanting a little equity." should pretty much end it right there. Okay Jay Glazer, YOU could see him wanting that.

Well to be fair, Peyton did call the Jets to help convince them that Gase was the right guy for the job, so there is technically a link there.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion