2019 Free Agency Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Re: Lebron recruiting/in contact with Kyrie, Kawhi, Jimmy Butler 

Post#21 » by Danny Darko » Fri May 24, 2019 6:27 am

Kawhi still gets first choice, of course.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,789

Post#22 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:35 am

kblo247 wrote:
King23James wrote:With Toronto making finals, dont see Kawhi Leaving. I hope its Kyrie, the option that I dont like most is Jimmy Butler. Vastly overrated.

Jimmy Butler has been more impactful to actually winning NBA games than Anthony David, Karl Anthony Towns, and you can even argue Dame I get swept out Lillard. I mean he's rough around the edges but hes talented and works hard, which is what Bron needs. I would happily take Jimmy Butler because you are going to need a Butler even if you do an AD trade. AD isn't a second guy mentally or a co-star, he can't check LeBron, he's go get cucked like Bosh and Love before him because of his mentality. You need a Kyrie or Jimmy, not a Kemba

Yeah, I don't know why he gets so much hate.
He's been thrown into 3 different system the last 4 seasons and has been consistently top 20 in RPM, no matter what has happened.
That has to mean something. I'm more sure of his impact than just about any other max FA (other than Kawhi and KD).

My only reservation with Butler is that he is a ball handler as well. It would probably be a tad awkward with both Lonzo and Ingram.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,145

Post#23 » by SlimShady83 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:45 am

If it's Butler then I'm out lols
Bring back Defense
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#24 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 24, 2019 6:55 am

Sorry Bron that you have to carry the load, but Magic quit on us
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,034

Post#25 » by JazzUte88 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:55 am

The problem with any of these guys is that they aren't really good fits. You'd have to slide Ball to SG on defense. Ingram would then play SF or have to come off the bench, if Ingram is at SF then James has to play PF.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#26 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 24, 2019 6:57 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Sorry Bron that you have to carry the recruiting load, but Magic quit on us
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,620

Post#27 » by dockingsched » Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 am

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Arash:

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#28 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 am

^didnt that duo perpetrate the now clearly nonsensical Ghost Lakers president myth? I’d like the comfort of knowing Jimmy is a safety net for this offseason to not bottoming out. I’d ultimately be good adding jimmy as Robin for 2 years if we correctly shoot for the moon of KD or kawhi and come up short. Kyrie polarizing even for myself and I might answer different tomorrow, but probably go for him before Jimmy.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#29 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 am

Counting on Durant and kawhi to make their intentions clear immediately so we don’t hang around too long and watch the possibly exciting backup options disappear.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,145

Post#30 » by SlimShady83 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:Counting on Durant and kawhi to make their intentions clear immediately so we don’t hang around too long and watch the possibly exciting backup options disappear.

+10 we've seen this too much, think it's gonna happen again, probably why the Butler, Lowry talks are all happening
Bring back Defense
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#31 » by loveshaq786 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:24 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:Counting on Durant and kawhi to make their intentions clear immediately so we don’t hang around too long and watch the possibly exciting backup options disappear.

+10 we've seen this too much, think it's gonna happen again, probably why the Butler, Lowry talks are all happening

Kawhi Leonard I think we can count on to make a decision. Durant absolutely not. He loves the attention. He will wait for at least 10 days to announce his decision
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,667

Post#32 » by Pointgod » Fri May 24, 2019 12:56 pm

I don’t understand why Jimmy Butler is so maligned on this site. He’s a free agent that can single handidly turn around a team as evidence in Minnesota and Philly. He plays on both sides of the ball, can create his own shot and can play make for others as well. He’s probably the one free agent other than Durant and Kawhi that can make the biggest impact on the team without additional moves.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#33 » by iamworthy » Fri May 24, 2019 1:37 pm

dockingsched wrote:
King23James wrote:With Toronto making finals, dont see Kawhi Leaving. I hope its Kyrie, the option that I dont like most is Jimmy Butler. Vastly overrated.

I don’t think Toronto making the finals matters much. If they make the finals and get destroyed by GS, what does it matter that they beat some Bucks team that hasn’t played on that type of stage before? Doesn’t mean they’re close to challenging for the title. It’s gonna be about how much of a challenge they put up against GS.

GS in 5
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#34 » by NBAWestFan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Priority

1. Kawhi - Hey Kawhi your Mom and the rest of your family wants you to stay in LA and hates to fly to Canada? Yes.
Bro I got a great list of restaurants and chefs and personal trainers that keep me in shape.
I'll get you the list.

2. Jimmy - It's LA anything you want is yours here. Nice pad, restaurants night life, weather, trainers.

Getting one of these two guys would be great but after the Finals I would call Klay and KD.
Klay could take a 1 year and make the All NBA in LA and get a bigger Super Max Deal

KD probably is looking for a Super Max now if he is going to leave.

If one of these guys is added then a list of shooters and a decent big man is needed
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Post#35 » by Desiderium » Fri May 24, 2019 5:06 pm

I kinda like the way our team would look if we signed Jimmy and used the rest of our money on a decent shooter.
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Post#36 » by Desiderium » Fri May 24, 2019 5:08 pm

I hate how we use the term priority. players hate being placed on a lower priority than other players. jimmy ain't gonna wait around for kawhi to make his decision. this is where having lebron talk to these guys before the start of free agency comes in real handy.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#37 » by NBAWestFan » Fri May 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Real hard after Kawhi,

Kawhi would have been great vs Jordan

That would have been some of the Great Basketball to watch.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,632

Post#38 » by nzahir » Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:Priority

1. Kawhi - Hey Kawhi your Mom and the rest of your family wants you to stay in LA and hates to fly to Canada? Yes.
Bro I got a great list of restaurants and chefs and personal trainers that keep me in shape.
I'll get you the list.

2. Jimmy - It's LA anything you want is yours here. Nice pad, restaurants night life, weather, trainers.

Getting one of these two guys would be great but after the Finals I would call Klay and KD.
Klay could take a 1 year and make the All NBA in LA and get a bigger Super Max Deal

KD probably is looking for a Super Max now if he is going to leave.

If one of these guys is added then a list of shooters and a decent big man is needed

You can only be supermax eligible on your original team or I think if you were traded on OG contract. Both not eligible
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,539

Post#39 » by stan francisco » Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 pm

If LBJ stays, Butler could be a good fit in terms of not being afraid of LeGroin. Good for team spirit if the leader is put on edge by a legit challenger.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,620

Post#40 » by dockingsched » Sat May 25, 2019 12:05 am

stan francisco wrote:If LBJ stays, Butler could be a good fit in terms of not being afraid of LeGroin. Good for team spirit if the leader is put on edge by a legit challenger.

LeBron is the one recruiting him, the reason Jimmy would come...and you’re over here using that Legroin name thinking lebron would somehow be concerned with his presence, lmao. Get a clue.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Lakers