ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too - Mecca's got a book on pg 51 

Post#1141 » by magnumt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 am

Capn'O wrote:...

Thought you might enjoy this:

Read on Twitter

Watch it fully.

—Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,587

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too - Mecca's got a book on pg 51 

Post#1142 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:34 am

magnumt wrote:
Capn'O wrote:...

Thought you might enjoy this:

Read on Twitter

Watch it fully.

—Mags :beer:

Right on :-) This is about my speed right now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1143 » by King of Canada » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:10 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
This is spot on and actually how I built my Sonos empire - via Craigslist. Out of everything I own, only three came to me via straight retail - the Play 5 Gen 1 my wife got as my first speaker 10 years ago, a Play 1 on major Black Friday sale a couple of years ago to finish out the kids rooms (we use them as their alarm clocks), and a sub as a housewarming gift from my mother when we moved into our house. Everything else has been 50% or more off by carefully trolling Craigslist, to the point where I literally don't look anymore because I have no more space in the house (and outdoors) on my Sonos network.

But yeah, the hardware is so impressive because it lasts so long and Sonos isn't constantly pushing new tech (well recently they started and it's a little annoying, but I digress), they just have their baller wireless speakers and push software updates to keep older versions of the same speakers up to date. They really are fantastic. We have music playing throughout our house from 6:30 AM until 9 PM at night every day.

I purposely do not have Alexa in my house and have specifically stayed away from any Sonos Ones because I want nothing to do with that technology in my life. The Sonos app is pretty awesome and serves all my needs perfectly from my phone or the dedicated Fire tablet we velcro mounted in the kitchen to act as a controller in case a phone/laptop wasn't nearby.

I wish it was easier to add a record player to the mix. Frankly I’m surprised that Sonos hasn’t partnered with somebody to make one. I don’t want to shell out a ton for a connect or amp, but they’d probably also charge a fortune for a record player anyway.

It's super easy to connect your record player, but yeah, you need the Connect (the Connect:Amp is for hooking up wired speakers to your Sonos network, and more expensive than the Connect). I've gotten a Connect for under $200 on CL before, waiting for the right deal to pop up.

Sonos will never make any specific player hardware - the app allows immense access to digital content, and cleanly. They're only going to make wireless network speakers and the the conversion/adaption devices to integrate non-digital music into that ecosystem. But never the actual direct component hardware.

You been following the Ikea/Sonos speakers? The press event is tomorrow. They should be good. I will probably get the shelf speaker and mount it up under my kitchen cabinet.

https://m2.ikea.com/ca/en/news/ikea-sonos-symfonisk-speakers-collaboration-pub0f4bd579?itm_campaign=SYMFONISK_Brand_desktop_en&itm_element=hpbanner_desktop&itm_content=SYMFONISK_Brand
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,852

Post#1144 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:53 pm

King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
I wish it was easier to add a record player to the mix. Frankly I’m surprised that Sonos hasn’t partnered with somebody to make one. I don’t want to shell out a ton for a connect or amp, but they’d probably also charge a fortune for a record player anyway.

It's super easy to connect your record player, but yeah, you need the Connect (the Connect:Amp is for hooking up wired speakers to your Sonos network, and more expensive than the Connect). I've gotten a Connect for under $200 on CL before, waiting for the right deal to pop up.

Sonos will never make any specific player hardware - the app allows immense access to digital content, and cleanly. They're only going to make wireless network speakers and the the conversion/adaption devices to integrate non-digital music into that ecosystem. But never the actual direct component hardware.

You been following the Ikea/Sonos speakers? The press event is tomorrow. They should be good. I will probably get the shelf speaker and mount it up under my kitchen cabinet.

https://m2.ikea.com/ca/en/news/ikea-sonos-symfonisk-speakers-collaboration-pub0f4bd579?itm_campaign=SYMFONISK_Brand_desktop_en&itm_element=hpbanner_desktop&itm_content=SYMFONISK_Brand

I have not! I'm at full saturation in my house - I have 21 Sonos speakers running in my network - so I've not been actively looking for anything new in the last year or two. I'm really intrigued to read the reviews on these new guys - the Ikea badging has me a little leery, but I'm definitely open to seeing how they perform.

Then again, even if they're relatively mediocre I'm sure their sound will be dramatically improved if you put them in a room with a sub...hmm...
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1145 » by King of Canada » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:58 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

I have not! I'm at full saturation in my house - I have 21 Sonos speakers running in my network - so I've not been actively looking for anything new in the last year or two. I'm really intrigued to read the reviews on these new guys - the Ikea badging has me a little leery, but I'm definitely open to seeing how they perform.

Then again, even if they're relatively mediocre I'm sure their sound will be dramatically improved if you put them in a room with a sub...hmm...

21 holy #$%#!!

The lamp apparently will be very close to the Sonos One, but just a step below sound wise. The shelf speaker will be lesser, but will only cost $100 US. They will be stereo pairable, have Airplay 2, and work as surrounds (and fit into the whole sonos system with existing speakers). I guess the quality is supposed to be pretty good. I bet a smaller/cheaper sub isn't far behind.

I've got my two Play 1s as surrounds, but would consider getting two of these instead and moving the Play1s elsewhere. That being said, Sonos is likely to come out with a surround pair soon anyway that'll be slightly less (I think so anyway).
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Re: BaF Season Two: Playoffs begin Sunday April 14 (Announcement on page 61) 

Post#1146 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat May 4, 2019 7:37 am

[quote="bishnykfan"]Time to start a new thread...

Old Thread: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1772900#p70620761[/qu

I started posting on this site 2008 ... been always following...been I’m many states Minnesota , then Boston , but always it’s been knicks even though they sucked balls ....
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#1147 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat May 4, 2019 7:38 am

Hope when we move my son will be nyc
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,587

Post#1148 » by Capn'O » Sat May 4, 2019 2:27 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:Hope when we move my son will be nyc

Hey man - I moved your posts to the community thread. The BAF thread is a self contained game a few of us are in.

No worries and cheers! Hope our Knicks have a great summer.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

O.T.- Have you ever dated someone who was molested as a kid? 

Post#1149 » by EricAnderson » Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm

I’ve been seeing this lady for just a few weeks and she recently told me she was molested as a kid. I felt horrible for her obviously because that’s the most vile horrific act to me someone can do. I’m wondering for those of you who’ve been with people who’ve been molested how was the relationship?

I only ask because people I know who’ve been with someone who’s been molested they tell me how much it still affects them to this day and how hard it is to navigate a relationship with them unless they’ve been to some kind of therapy to deal with it.

My only experience with someone who’s been through it is a good friend of mine and while she’s a good person it affects her greatly to this day. She’s extremely flaky she seeks out men who are bad for her and she can be volatile.
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,272

Re: O.T.- Have you ever dated someone who was molested as a kid? 

Post#1150 » by Futureisnow » Tue May 28, 2019 2:22 pm

A study by The Crimes against Children Research Center estimates that 1 in 5 girls are victims of child sexual abuse. 1 in 5. It’s fairly common. I’m usually surprised when I’m dating someone who it hasn’t happened to. My relationships with these women were like any other, but in the early phases I don’t initiate any sexual activities out of respect for what they’ve been through.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1151 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 pm

I did at one point but that was one of her issues among several. I myself had a few things going on at the time. It turned out we were each not the right person for each other at that particular time.

My advice would be to take it real slow. Slower than you would usually go even if you start developing some feelings.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1152 » by EricAnderson » Tue May 28, 2019 2:27 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:I did at one point but that was one of her issues among several. I myself had a few things going on at the time. It turned out we were each not the right person for each other at that particular time.

My advice would be to take it real slow. Slower than you would usually go even if you start developing some feelings.

If you don’t mind me asking what we’re some of her issues from it? Was flakiness one?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1153 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue May 28, 2019 2:29 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I did at one point but that was one of her issues among several. I myself had a few things going on at the time. It turned out we were each not the right person for each other at that particular time.

If you don’t mind me asking what we’re aome of her issues from it? Was flakiness one?

Yes she was extremely flakey and manipulative. I’m also pretty sure she had undiagnosed bi-polar going on because she would have major mood swings. I do think the abuse and her childhood in general was a big factor.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1154 » by EricAnderson » Tue May 28, 2019 2:34 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

If you don’t mind me asking what we’re aome of her issues from it? Was flakiness one?

Yes she was extremely flakey and manipulative. I’m also pretty sure she had undiagnosed bi-polar going on because she would have major mood swings. I do think the abuse and her childhood in general was a big factor.

Yeah that’s what my friend does and why I’m apprehensive. She’s also an alcoholic because of it.

Getting molested kinda stunts your growth mentally and how to deal with people. Your trust of people gets broken at such a young age that it stays with you unless you get help.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#1155 » by Meat » Tue May 28, 2019 4:47 pm

EricAnderson wrote:I’ve been seeing this lady for just a few weeks and she recently told me she was molested as a kid. I felt horrible for her obviously because that’s the most vile horrific act to me someone can do. I’m wondering for those of you who’ve been with people who’ve been molested how was the relationship?

I only ask because people I know who’ve been with someone who’s been molested they tell me how much it still affects them to this day and how hard it is to navigate a relationship with them unless they’ve been to some kind of therapy to deal with it.

My only experience with someone who’s been through it is a good friend of mine and while she’s a good person it affects her greatly to this day. She’s extremely flaky she seeks out men who are bad for her and she can be volatile.

statistically i'm sure you\we've all dated multiple victims of abuse
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Post#1156 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 28, 2019 5:20 pm

No, but I got a lot of lap dances from women who have.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1157 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 28, 2019 7:19 pm

this is a serious matter. i would stay away from message board psychoanalysis of victims here.

listen. be supportive. respect space and boundaries. you have something to be mindful of, but it doesn't have to dominate your thought. the person you're dating who has opened up about this to you has to live on his/her own terms. be grateful that you've been trusted with this. but i would advise being as normal as possible.

this can easily become your issue and about you when it shouldn't be.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1158 » by EricAnderson » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:this is a serious matter. i would stay away from message board psychoanalysis of victims here.

listen. be supportive. respect space and boundaries. you have something to be mindful of, but it doesn't have to dominate your thought. the person you're dating who has opened up about this to you has to live on his/her own terms. be grateful that you've been trusted with this. but i would advise being as normal as possible.

Oh I agree I’m just looking to see other people’s experiences that’s all.

Like I said I have a friend who it happened to and while I love her I see the damage it’s done on her and how hard it would be to maintain a relationship under those circumstances.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1159 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 28, 2019 7:45 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:this is a serious matter. i would stay away from message board psychoanalysis of victims here.

Oh I agree I’m just looking to see other people’s experiences that’s all.

Like I said I have a friend who it happened to and while I love her I see the damage it’s done on her and how hard it would be to maintain a relationship under those circumstances.

understood. that was more a general statement to the group, which is why i avoided pronouns and all. wasn't trying to single you out.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1160 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 pm

EA- but now that we're talking... this forum isn't your only source of life/relationship advice, is it?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks