ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Free Agency Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Re: Lebron recruiting/in contact with Kyrie, Kawhi, Jimmy Butler 

Post#81 » by Desiderium » Thu May 30, 2019 6:39 pm

I believe we have a 0% chance of signing Kawhi, therefore I wan't him to stay as far as away as possible in Toronto.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#82 » by hazy_01 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Yup, after the G7 game winner vs Sixers and coming back 0-2 vs Bucks, our chances have been plummeted. I don't see why a player would leave a finals contender (except Lebron as Cavs' window was pretty much closed). They have a team with good youth, vets and have cap room in 2 years. It's an all-around good situation for him. Unless he misses Socal that much, it would be very peculiar to see a player leaving that situation.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#83 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Read on Twitter
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#84 » by tviper » Thu May 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't tampering? the double standards between the actions of the Lakers and every other team in the league is mind blowing.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#85 » by Asianiac_24 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:57 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a bunch of losers
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#86 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:59 pm

tviper wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't tampering? the double standards between the actions of the Lakers and every other team in the league is mind blowing.

Not really a double standard to the blatant acts of Magic, as a report quoting sources saying something may have happened is not enough for tampering. Doc Rivers’ comments the other day providing oral service to Kawhi definitely is, but I believe the offended team would have to bring it to the league?
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#87 » by tlifeset » Thu May 30, 2019 10:53 pm

I'm not really sure where Kawhi is going to sign.

But anybody who honestly would be shocked if he signed with the Lakers is out of their minds.

In case people are forgetting...
-When Kawhi requested a trade, Woj reported that he was focused on the Lakers.
-Lebron James will be the single most intriguing pitch to Kawhi (above logo procurement, doc rivers, jerry west, making the playoffs this year).
-If Kawhi believes his brand (and wallet) has suffered because of his lack of exposure, the Lakers offer the most globally recognized brand in the NBA and Lebron offers the most global personality perhaps in any sport outside of Soccer.
-I know the Busses have taken a hit, but one thing that has always been intriguing about them is that the Lakers are truly a family business and they can make that authentic pitch probably more than any other franchise - this kind of stuff is important to NBA players and especially guys like Kawhi who trust their family (see: uncle dennis).
-The Busses also have a strong female contingency and Kawhi has 4 older sisters - he will respect that.
-Along the same lines, for all the crap that Rob Pelinka has taken let's keep in mind that he has convinced some of the biggest names in the NBA to trust him - so while some of you may find his communication patterns worrisome - he isn't trained to talk to the media or the fans... he is trained to talk to guys like Kawhi. Make no mistake, this is an advantage over other teams.
-His current coach has a similar style and demeanor and look to Frank Vogul - he is going to have trust in that type of coach to get to the finals, not necessarily the coach that has been there before (9 years ago).
-New Balance is going to tell him their preference is the Lakers, this is without a doubt. Plus the opportunity to earn more.
-The Clippers had a great year, they have a likable team, but unless one of those players starts recruiting, i.e. what Isaiah Thomas did with the Celts for Al Horford and almost Kevin Durant... they may never get to that tangible connection.
-Along the same lines, no hating on the Clippers and yes they have new ownership, but have they ever signed a blue chip free agent? Pedigree counts, even with different faces.
-Kawhi works out super early too - he used to workout at 5am in San Diego State - he will respect Lebron's work ethic. You don't think Lebron knows what he's doing posting these 4am trips to the training facility on his IG?

Anyway, Kawhi is a strange dude - he could sign with the Clippers and I wouldn't be shocked - and that's the point... I wouldn't be shocked. So, for those of you giving the Lakers 0% chance at Kawhi (I'm looking at you media)... don't be shocked...because it's more sensible than you think.

And I, for one, am quietly confident.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#88 » by milesfides » Thu May 30, 2019 11:11 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:
milesfides wrote:Jimmy Butler? Then also sign DeMarcus Cousins, and then the Lakers can be the poor man's Sixers.

Kyrie makes sense, if you have Lebron. Then the Lakers can be the poor man's Cavs.

But if you have Lebron, no Kawhi.

...and what happens if Kawhi does sign with the Lakers? You seem to be leading this "either or" crusade between him and LeBron. What will be your next angle?

There is no angle. Simply stating facts: there are no indications whatsoever Kawhi is interested in going to the Lakers. On the other hand, there's much to show that he's not interested, and that includes things from the horse's mouth and the horse's uncle's mouth.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#89 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri May 31, 2019 12:05 am

milesfides wrote:
LeBron_da_Don wrote:
milesfides wrote:Jimmy Butler? Then also sign DeMarcus Cousins, and then the Lakers can be the poor man's Sixers.

Kyrie makes sense, if you have Lebron. Then the Lakers can be the poor man's Cavs.

But if you have Lebron, no Kawhi.

...and what happens if Kawhi does sign with the Lakers? You seem to be leading this "either or" crusade between him and LeBron. What will be your next angle?

There is no angle. Simply stating facts: there are no indications whatsoever Kawhi is interested in going to the Lakers. On the other hand, there's much to show that he's not interested, and that includes things from the horse's mouth and the horse's uncle's mouth.

But that's the thing. Those are assumptions that you're passing off as facts. Listen, no one knows what the guy will do. I've not heard a peep from him or his uncle about where he's headed. We all hear the rumors, read the think pieces, and see the speculation but literally no one knows but Kawhi.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Lebron recruiting/in contact with Kyrie, Kawhi, Jimmy Butler 

Post#90 » by myersia » Fri May 31, 2019 2:23 am

Watching this raptors warriors game....not sure that kawhi meshes well with bron and our core. Obviously I’d still take him in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#91 » by kblo247 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:02 am

myersia wrote:Watching this raptors warriors game....not sure that kawhi meshes well with bron and our core. Obviously I’d still take him in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

**** Lebron, he didn’t win anything and was one game over 500

**** the core, they have been in the lottery for years.

They would have to fit around Kawhi, not him fit them if he came in
ois
Ballboy
And1: 48

Post#92 » by ois » Fri May 31, 2019 5:12 am

Portland was trash and so if the overrated west. Only contender is GSW out here that can hang with the elites of the east in Toronto Milwaukee and Philadelphia (if they keep jimmy buckets).

That is why it is so disappointing that bron god injured and missed 17 games and then the AD fiasco that broke the room and the young guys quitting on LeBron when he returned. The Lakers could have made the WCF otherwise and is a must reason that they get Kawhi or even more realistically Jimmy Buckets out of Philly along with 2 or 3 elite FA shooters in Brogdon, Ross, Green etc which would be just as good as a Kawhi.

West is weak and will be weaker for LeBron to take over especially if KD leaves who is low key rooting for Toronto to humiliate the cocky GSW without him then bolt to NYN
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#93 » by stan francisco » Fri May 31, 2019 5:22 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a bunch of losers

It only takes one.

Their new owner is a low class amoeba who has done shady **** like this his whole career. It’s been said by people who know his ways first hand that Ballmer is a scum, cheater, dirtbag, opportunist, egomaniac, plagiarist who has a history of legal issues due to stuff like this. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ruins the Clippers eventually because of crap like this. Steve Ballmer is interested in Steve Ballmer’s fame and influence, that’s it. If that is indeed true (I trust my friends), it doesn’t bode well for the Slippers in the long run. Kawhi might pick up on that.

If Leonard is a LAL, we should trade LeKing. I’m sure they will play well together but they don’t exactly complement each other’s skill set other than that LBJ only plays one end these days. Leonard would go sour on Bron’s matador defense after about five minutes into game 1 of 82.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#94 » by kblo247 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:48 am

stan francisco wrote:
Asianiac_24 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a bunch of losers

It only takes one.

Their new owner is a low class amoeba who has done shady **** like this his whole career. It’s been said by people who know his ways first hand that Ballmer is a scum, cheater, dirtbag, opportunist, egomaniac, plagiarist who has a history of legal issues due to stuff like this. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ruins the Clippers eventually because of crap like this. Steve Ballmer is interested in Steve Ballmer’s fame and influence, that’s it. If that is indeed true (I trust my friends), it doesn’t bode well for the Slippers in the long run. Kawhi might pick up on that.

If Leonard is a LAL, we should trade LeKing. I’m sure they will play well together but they don’t exactly complement each other’s skill set other than that LBJ only plays one end these days. Leonard would go sour on Bron’s matador defense after about five minutes into game 1 of 82.

Sounds liek a more successful Cuban, MAgic, Dolan, and yes even JErry Buss who paraded hookers and cocaine at parties for players
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#95 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 am

I think KD playing is key. It will reveal to kyrie the truth. KD out means achilles. Out for the year. Kyrie wont wait around.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
kblo247
RealGM

Post#96 » by kblo247 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:49 am

LAKESHOW wrote:I think KD playing is key. It will reveal to kyrie the truth. KD out means achilles. Out for the year. Kyrie wont wait around.

Out doesn’t have to mean Achilles. It can just mean calf since he’s had the same calf injury twice before. And with his actual frame and size it may be smart to just sit
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#97 » by SlimShady83 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:16 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I think KD playing is key. It will reveal to kyrie the truth. KD out means achilles. Out for the year. Kyrie wont wait around.

:meditate:
Bring back Defense
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,391

Post#98 » by Danny Darko » Fri May 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#99 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri May 31, 2019 10:21 pm

I don’t think how well KD looks or how long he stays our will affect kyries decision. Unless information is revealed that it is an Achilles, which it clearly isn’t despite how much it looked like it would be.

I think it’s as simple as would he prefer to play in NY with KD (this is all assuming KD goes there obviously) or in LA with lebron.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#100 » by Landsberger » Sat Jun 1, 2019 1:29 am

Well I look at this a little differently I guess. If Toronto wins the Chip then I'd hope their leader wouldn't just up and leave. Maybe that's how this new wave looks at things but to have a healthy sport you have to have some level of loyalty or the fans just move with the players and then it dies IMHO. He fits well on that team and they are gelling at the right time. It's actually great to see.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers