ImageImageImageImage

How would you address our PG situation for next year?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

How would you address our PG situation for next year?

Draft one at 16.
2%
Draft one at 46.
12%
Sign help in FA. Who?
22%
Trade for one. Who?
32%
Other
32%

Total votes: 41

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Re: How would you address our PG situation for next year? 

Post#81 » by NotACat » Sat Jun 1, 2019 3:02 pm

p0peye wrote:If we really want to add additional PG into the mix, Shamorie Ponds might be available in the draft. A lot of people on this board was all for signing Isaiah Thomas last offseason, well there's young and healthy doppelganger right there.

I'd be happy to get him with 46 but I don't think our FO is interested due to his measurements
Black Lives Matter
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,604

Post#82 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 1, 2019 4:03 pm

NotACat wrote:
p0peye wrote:If we really want to add additional PG into the mix, Shamorie Ponds might be available in the draft. A lot of people on this board was all for signing Isaiah Thomas last offseason, well there's young and healthy doppelganger right there.

I'd be happy to get him with 46 but I don't think our FO is interested due to his measurements

That raises another question...what's going on with IT? If he's healthy and humble, he could replace a LOT of TRoss for less $$ and maybe higher offensive upside
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,991

Post#83 » by p0peye » Sat Jun 1, 2019 5:04 pm

NotACat wrote:

They could draft someone with ability to score for once in a decade. Who was the last scorer we drafted? JJ? Anyways, he may be undersized, but can play passing lanes decently. If we get him at 46, I'd be ecstatic.
p0peye
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by p0peye » Sat Jun 1, 2019 5:05 pm

Skybox wrote:
NotACat wrote:

That raises another question...what's going on with IT? If he's healthy and humble, he could replace a LOT of TRoss for less $$ and maybe higher offensive upside

As expected, his career as NBA player ended 2 years ago.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#85 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 1, 2019 5:46 pm

p0peye wrote:
Skybox wrote:
NotACat wrote:I'd be happy to get him with 46 but I don't think our FO is interested due to his measurements

I recall him being on the DEN sidelines during playoffs...is it official/final?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#86 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 1, 2019 7:35 pm

p0peye wrote:
Skybox wrote:
NotACat wrote:I'd be happy to get him with 46 but I don't think our FO is interested due to his measurements

If he is indeed done it's a such a damn shame given what he went through in playoffs when he sister died and whole surgery thing. :(
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#87 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jun 1, 2019 9:48 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
George Hill is a possibility.

My feeling is with DJ Augustin coming back and The Magic wanting to be careful with Markelle Fultz, they will carry 4 point guards with either Michael Carter-Williams or Isaiah Briscoe returning.

I feel they could use a veteran like Hill for one year so they have depth there regardless of what happens with Fultz.

Michael Carter-Williams AND Isaiah Briscoe returning would make 4!

True but they might want to upgrade for a year so they don't have to rush Fultz.

MCW is an upgrade over Grant!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
p0peye
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by p0peye » Sun Jun 2, 2019 7:33 am

Skybox wrote:
p0peye wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Nothing official, just what played out this season and he will probably try to get another contract, but will probably end up in China.

Nuggets tried playing him during regular season, but loosing a step made him unable to get his shot up, while on defense he never was a positive player - he is simply unplayable now.

It's truly a shame he ended up this way and never had a chance to get the money honestly earned by his performance in Celtics jersey.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#89 » by zaymon » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:03 am

p0peye wrote:
Skybox wrote:
p0peye wrote:

Nothing official, just what played out this season and he will probably try to get another contract, but will probably end up in China.

Nuggets tried playing him during regular season, but loosing a step made him unable to get his shot up, while on defense he never was a positive player - he is simply unplayable now.

It's truly a shame he ended up this way and never had a chance to get the money honestly earned by his performance in Celtics jersey.

Boston showed they are merciless and it paid of for them nicely
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#90 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 2, 2019 10:47 am

zaymon wrote:
p0peye wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Did it? They got 2 years of Kyrie, one of which he, too, was injured for the post-season, and this season he didn't take them very far and caused issues in the locker room. Now, there's a very good chance he leaves them and they'll have nothing to show for it.

I'm enjoying seeing that Ainge may have missed his window. They've still got a bright future with Tatum, Brown and even Smart. I personally think Smart will really come on later in his career, in his late 20's. Lowry/Billups-esque maybe. I don't know why, I just think he's got that competitive fire that won't let him quit. Could be way off.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#91 » by Skybox » Sun Jun 2, 2019 10:53 am

Bensational wrote:
zaymon wrote:
p0peye wrote:

Did it? They got 2 years of Kyrie, one of which he, too, was injured for the post-season, and this season he didn't take them very far and caused issues in the locker room. Now, there's a very good chance he leaves them and they'll have nothing to show for it.

I'm enjoying seeing that Ainge may have missed his window. They've still got a bright future with Tatum, Brown and even Smart. I personally think Smart will really come on later in his career, in his late 20's. Lowry/Billups-esque maybe. I don't know why, I just think he's got that competitive fire that won't let him quit. Could be way off.

I agree about Smart. I keep envisioning that if he went to NOLA and became primary ball handler with Jrue next to him, he could hit a new level.
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by zaymon » Sun Jun 2, 2019 12:06 pm

Bensational wrote:
zaymon wrote:
p0peye wrote:

Should have used green font. I meant that karma bite them in the ass. Ainge was so obssesed with accumulating talent that he forgot about character and team chemistry. Weltman comments that he looks at players as people first seems like the opposite of Ainge work. I agree with Smart, he has great physical tools and mental side and his shooting is coming along. I wonder if Celtics give Smart, Tatum and first for AD.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#93 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jun 2, 2019 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by zaymon » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:51 am

Rubio is not a great fit with us, but Suns, Bulls will be very interested
Icemanbrfc
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#95 » by Icemanbrfc » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:19 am

Looks like we might have to look for a PG. So quiet with Fultz right now, that it concerns me now.

Sent from my I3213 using RealGM mobile app
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#96 » by NotACat » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:59 am

Icemanbrfc wrote:Looks like we might have to look for a PG. So quiet with Fultz right now, that it concerns me now.

Sent from my I3213 using RealGM mobile app

While it may concern us as fans, Steve Clifford and our FO are probably seeing him work regularly. If we get through the first week of July without adding a starter or 2nd string PG, that's a great sign
Black Lives Matter
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#97 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:15 pm

Suns want a veteran PG for #6? Who is more veteran than DJ? DJ + #14 for #6. Do it. /s
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Post#98 » by MasterGMer » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:55 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:Suns want a veteran PG for #6? Who is more veteran than DJ? DJ + #14 for #6. Do it. /s

Fournier + Mozgov + 16th for Conley
And
DJ for 6th from the Suns
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#99 » by MoMM » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:57 pm

MasterGMer wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:Suns want a veteran PG for #6? Who is more veteran than DJ? DJ + #14 for #6. Do it. /s

And
DJ for 6th from the Suns

Seriously? They won't trade a #6 pick for a low-tier starting PG or a good backup PG. Let's be real.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#100 » by drsd » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:46 am

MoMM wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

And
DJ for 6th from the Suns

Seriously? They won't trade a #6 pick for a low-tier starting PG or a good backup PG. Let's be real.

The Suns is on record that they are looking for a mid 20 year old.

Return to Orlando Magic