WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1121 » by Scott Hall » Tue May 21, 2019 1:13 am

MagicMadness wrote:Yeah, I don't get why he didn't become at least a decent mid-carder. I know Bret's great, but MaGee seemed to be doing more than just holding his own out there. He had the body, and the wow factor. If he couldn't excite on the mic, well, join like half of the WWE these days. I wish the doc delved more into why he didn't make it.

Yeah and even if MaGee was some horrible talker the 80's was the best decade ever for managers so you
could assign him to Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Fuji, Slick etc etc and hide it.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1122 » by Spens1 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:38 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is pretty horrifying stuff and honestly the way Vince handled this is even worse. I know Vince is a P.O.S but damn.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1123 » by Scott Hall » Tue May 21, 2019 3:37 am

iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm actually not even surprised reading this... Vince is the same guy that covered up Jimmy Snuka
murdering his GF all those years and let a PPV continue after Owen Hart died in the ring because
"the show must go on" and "thats what he would've wanted"
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1124 » by improper » Tue May 21, 2019 4:35 am

Ironically, Vince running the company into the ground from an exposure standpoint means he'll likely avoid anyone giving too much of a crap about that. Wrestling has never been less relevant, and thanks to that he'll probably be ignored for the absolutely awful things he was described as doing in those tweets.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1125 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:16 pm

My interest level is waning the same way it did back in the day when I gave up wrestling for about ten years. Really hoping AEW is great because WWE is looking worse and worse, and taking the blood money for these Saudi shows just feels wrong.
Do it for Chuck
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#1126 » by LLJ » Tue May 21, 2019 7:09 pm

If Vince goes down, it won't be for any of the much more **** things he's done outside of his booking. I think the odds of him living long enough to see his company start to lose ground to competition is far likelier than him being nailed for the Snuka stuff, this Massaro stuff, and who knows what else stuff he's done outside the ring.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1127 » by WRau1 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Just got done reading all the Massaro stuff, that's pretty **** terrible.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1128 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue May 21, 2019 9:31 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:My interest level is waning the same way it did back in the day when I gave up wrestling for about ten years. Really hoping AEW is great because WWE is looking worse and worse, and taking the blood money for these Saudi shows just feels wrong.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel too. I stopped watching from the end of 2002 to around the middle/end of 2011. I've never been more apathetic to WWE since I started watching again -- MITB is one of my favorite PPV's of the year, and I didn't watch or even follow on Twitter until I looked at the end of the Bucks-Raptors game to see that Lesnar won the briefcase. Building up the Saudi PPV's to the level of a WM card feels pretty gross too.

I am legit excited though about the AEW PPV for the first time in a long time, so hopefully that delivers.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1129 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:My interest level is waning the same way it did back in the day when I gave up wrestling for about ten years. Really hoping AEW is great because WWE is looking worse and worse, and taking the blood money for these Saudi shows just feels wrong.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel too. I stopped watching from the end of 2002 to around the middle/end of 2011. I've never been more apathetic to WWE since I started watching again -- MITB is one of my favorite PPV's of the year, and I didn't watch or even follow on Twitter until I looked at the end of the Bucks-Raptors game to see that Lesnar won the briefcase. Building up the Saudi PPV's to the level of a WM card feels pretty gross too.

I am legit excited though about the AEW PPV for the first time in a long time, so hopefully that delivers.

Funny, that's almost my exact same timeline. Got back into it after I found out Punk, someone I used to watch at small halls in cudahy Wisconsin was a top guy. Always loved him in the local scene.

My friend, who is as big a wrestling fan as you'll find, canceled his annual MITB get together in favor of an AEW party this weekend. Kind of intrigued to check it out
Do it for Chuck
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1130 » by improper » Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Yeah I skipped MITB to watch Game of Thrones and really don't have a pressing desire to go back and watch it. I think I'm just done with the main roster.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1131 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Both MITB matches were pretty good though, with the exception of the ending of the men's. AJ v Seth was really good too. It's a shame this company is so....uh...backwards when it comes to certain things and issues because I do really enjoy watching wrestlers like The New Day, Balor, Styles, Seth, Ricochet, Black, The Usos, Charlotte, Asuka, Drew, etc...Man, once Vince is no longer in charge, this company will really start to actually make money. Vince should have much more money than he currently does if things were properly booked and storyline payouts were meaningful.

I mean, we had one of the best heel turns in ages happen with Ambrose turning on Seth...I was so pumped and excited for that feud and it fell very flat on it's face. There was no payoff, there was nothing. It's tough though because like I said, I do enjoy watching these wrestlers put on good matches when they do.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1132 » by improper » Wed May 22, 2019 8:57 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Both MITB matches were pretty good though, with the exception of the ending of the men's. AJ v Seth was really good too. It's a shame this company is so....uh...backwards when it comes to certain things and issues because I do really enjoy watching wrestlers like The New Day, Balor, Styles, Seth, Ricochet, Black, The Usos, Charlotte, Asuka, Drew, etc...Man, once Vince is no longer in charge, this company will really start to actually make money. Vince should have much more money than he currently does if things were properly booked and storyline payouts were meaningful.

I mean, we had one of the best heel turns in ages happen with Ambrose turning on Seth...I was so pumped and excited for that feud and it fell very flat on it's face. There was no payoff, there was nothing. It's tough though because like I said, I do enjoy watching these wrestlers put on good matches when they do.

Yeah, I don't disagree with anything you said.

My issue is that, while the company is capable of putting on some good to great matches from time to time, it's never going to go anywhere. The guys I love are never going to get pushed or booked properly and they're going right back to the entire product being all about Reigns.

I'm going to keep reading the reviews, but I'm done watching the main roster until something changes.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#1133 » by spykelee » Wed May 22, 2019 10:56 pm

I watch the main roster like I'm one of Pavlov's dogs but it's also apart of my job so like it or not I have to watch it... But I also don't actually watch it. It's background sound really. I usually pvr wwe at home because without a fast forward button it is utterly insufferable.

What do I watch from the show? Usually the non wrestling segments (since the matches are all the same) and that's usually all that furthers stories anyways, and I enjoy the commentary. Renee and Graves are hilarious. I think corey does a pretty good job justifying heel behaviour and renee is the only person that holds him accountable. Seeing as their such good friends but having to take opposite stances, the dynamic often cracks me up.

I do enjoy NXT though and can certainly appreciate that hhh is the most frustrated in the company. I don't think they will have any issues succeeding once Vince steps aside.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1134 » by improper » Thu May 23, 2019 12:43 am

spykelee wrote:I watch the main roster like I'm one of Pavlov's dogs but it's also apart of my job so like it or not I have to watch it...

Kind of funny that I actually feel sorry for someone who has to watch Raw and Smackdown for work. :lol:

Imagine thinking that twenty years ago.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#1135 » by spykelee » Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 am

improper wrote:
spykelee wrote:I watch the main roster like I'm one of Pavlov's dogs but it's also apart of my job so like it or not I have to watch it...

Kind of funny that I actually feel sorry for someone who has to watch Raw and Smackdown for work.

Imagine thinking that twenty years ago.
Eh, as bad as it is, it could be worse. Though I hate the genericness of the programming, I do tip my hat to it being the longest running weekly episodic show in tv history. That isn't nothing. Infact it's pretty Damn significant. For all its flaws and last minute booking changes and **** programming and the works... It's a well oiled finely tuned machine the likes of which is unmatched on network television. To this point anyways. I can appreciate it for things outside of the actual product I guess is what I'm getting at.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1136 » by tugs » Thu May 23, 2019 1:48 am

So, last contract for AJ, eh?
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1137 » by Scott Hall » Thu May 23, 2019 3:41 pm

20 years later and it still really bothers me and upsets me

Read on Twitter
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1138 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu May 23, 2019 4:32 pm

I remember when I was younger, watching Raw the next night and finding out about that, I cried. I think I was in like, 3rd grade? It's crazy.

When I named one of my kids Owen, I wasn't intentionally naming him after Owen Hart, or anyone for that matter. My wife and I liked the name Tanner Owen before our kids were even a thought. As we found out she was pregnant with the kids, she said I could name the boys and she'd name our daughter. The name Tanner, for whatever reason, soured on me and I didn't like it as much. Still liked Owen as a name, so I went with that. My oldest is named Owen. We named our other two kids after other characters, one from a TV show and one from a movie. If my son ever asks me who he was named after, I'm going to say Owen Hart and then show him some of his matches. Sorry, random story... :lol:

I may watch one of his matches later tonight.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1139 » by iMoreland » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:51 pm

With all the Vince critism going on inside and outside of WWE, and with AEW emerging, now would be the perfect time to have someone cut a CM Punk "pipebomb" promo and push them to the moon.

Sami Zayn would be perfect for that.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1140 » by improper » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:59 pm

iMoreland wrote:With all the Vince critism going on inside and outside of WWE, and with AEW emerging, now would be the perfect time to have someone cut a CM Punk "pipebomb" promo and push them to the moon.

Sami Zayn would be perfect for that.

Vince would probably try to do that angle with Reigns. :lol:

Return to Pro Wrestling