General Manager
And1: 2,972

Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#1 » by taj2133 » Sun Jun 2, 2019 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Re: According to keith pompey if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#2 » by PhilasFinest » Sun Jun 2, 2019 7:53 pm

taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not trying to be an ass, but where exactly does it quote ANY type of credible source stating that Brogdon is our plan B?

This is simply an opinion piece from a crappy beat writer saying he thinks Brogdon would be a good plan B.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: According to keith pompey if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#3 » by BullyKing » Sun Jun 2, 2019 7:55 pm

Typically Pompey throwing stuff against the wall.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#4 » by PhilasFinest » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:00 pm

I mean Pompey's headline reads "If Sixers lose Butler/Harris, Brogdon COULD be a great plan B".

The topic reads like this is some type of confirmed report from a credible Sixers source.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#5 » by BullyKing » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:06 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:I mean Pompey's headline reads "If Sixers lose Butler/Harris, Brogdon COULD be a great plan B".

The topic reads like this is some type of confirmed report from a credible Sixers source.

Yeah fair point, the problem is really the thread title which I've now edited to better match his "report"
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#6 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:30 pm

BullyKing wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:I mean Pompey's headline reads "If Sixers lose Butler/Harris, Brogdon COULD be a great plan B".

Yeah fair point, the problem is really the thread title which I've now edited to better match his "report"

Is he saying that Brogdon would be his plan B? Or that he has heard he’s the Sixers plan B?
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#7 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:35 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Is he saying that Brogdon would be his plan B? Or that he has heard he’s the Sixers plan B?

I won’t open it. I only get like 1 free read a month or something lol
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#8 » by BullyKing » Sun Jun 2, 2019 8:38 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

NYSixersFan wrote:
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#9 » by youngcrev » Sun Jun 2, 2019 9:38 pm

Is Keith writing for Sixersense now? That's a pretty useless report even by his standards.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#10 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jun 3, 2019 12:03 am

sixers hoops wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Yes. He is saying that Brogdon would be HIS plan B.....Nothing is quoted from any credible Sixers sources/front office personnel.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Re: Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#11 » by Sixersftw » Mon Jun 3, 2019 12:58 am

Financially, isn't this an impossibility unless we lose both? If we lose both, **** Brogdan, that's an abandon all hope scenario.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#12 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:09 am

Sixersftw wrote:Financially, isn't this an impossibility unless we lose both? If we lose both, **** Brogdan, that's an abandon all hope scenario.

No, they'd have a decent amount of cap space if either of them walk and they renounce their other cap holds. Pompey projects 20M as being an offer that the Bucks wouldn't match.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#13 » by Sixersftw » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:17 am

youngcrev wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:Financially, isn't this an impossibility unless we lose both? If we lose both, **** Brogdan, that's an abandon all hope scenario.

No, they'd have a decent amount of cap space if either of them walk and they renounce their other cap holds. Pompey projects 20M as being an offer that the Bucks wouldn't match.

Thanks for clarifying, I won't give Pompey the clicks. Renouncing everyone would obviously present some other challenges.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,399

Post#14 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:53 am

Modern day journalism
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#15 » by LloydFree » Mon Jun 3, 2019 2:18 am

It's not an impossibility. They just have to renounce Jimmy Butler and either renounce JJ Redick or re-sign him for no more than 10-11 million. Tobias Harris Harris' Caphold is small enough to not matter.

Signing Brogdon to an offer sheet, if Butler bolts would be a smart move. I'm surprised Keith Pompey supports that.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#16 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 3, 2019 2:27 am

Playing out his scenario, let's say Tobias walks, and that you can sign Brogdon on a deal that averages 20M a year annually as he proposes (first year of deal at 18.6). Prior to putting ink to paper with Jimmy and after renouncing everyone else you'd be left with about 11.5M in cap space (or close to 20M in the event that it's Jimmy that walks and Tobias stays) plus the Room Exception of 4.7M to fill out the rest of your roster. Doesn't feel like the worst thing in the world. And definitely puts you in way better financial position for the future.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,697

Post#17 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:21 am

LloydFree wrote:It's not an impossibility. They just have to renounce Jimmy Butler and either renounce JJ Redick or re-sign him for no more than 10-11 million. Tobias Harris Harris' Caphold is small enough to not matter.

Signing Brogdon to an offer sheet, if Butler bolts would be a smart move. I'm surprised Keith Pompey supports that.

I'd be completely on board with this.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,013

Post#18 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:22 am

The Bucks match a 20M AAV offer sheet in 5 seconds.*

*Actually they would wait maximum the 48-72 hours to match to make sure the Sixers couldn’t sign other free agents during that time, then match. But they’d decide to match in 5 seconds.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#19 » by Kolkmania » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:55 am

Sixerscan wrote:The Bucks match a 20M AAV offer sheet in 5 seconds.*

*Actually they would wait maximum the 48-72 hours to match to make sure the Sixers couldn’t sign other free agents during that time, then match. But they’d decide to match in 5 seconds.

20m for Brogdon is a great value contract, so I agree. However, there's a certain resistance against resigning both Brogdon and Middleton around Bucks' Twitter spheres and even in their RealGM forum. Part of their success this year was based on their depth. Resigning both means that it's going to be Giannis, Middleton, Brogdon and Bledsoe surrounded by dead bodies (Ilyasova, Snell) and raw young guys.

This was a rare year for them that combined a top-end star with depth. They are really dependent on internal development (just like us) going forward.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,399

Post#20 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:47 am

Brogdon as a replacement for Jj.

If Brogdon is smart, he will sign a short term but atleast $20M contract. Playing with sixers will make him look like a borderline star just like how Jj looked playing with us
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers