ImageImageImage

Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#21 » by LloydFree » Mon Jun 3, 2019 12:46 pm

Sixerscan wrote:The Bucks match a 20M AAV offer sheet in 5 seconds.*

*Actually they would wait maximum the 48-72 hours to match to make sure the Sixers couldn’t sign other free agents during that time, then match. But they’d decide to match in 5 seconds.

I don't think it's as cut and dry that they match. They already signed Bledsoe for 18m per.
They'll probably have to pay Middleton 25 m per.
They'll probably have to pay B Lopez 15mil plus.
They're going to have to pay Giannis 40mil per

Matching Brogdon at 20m guarantees the Bucks starting lineup alone puts them into the tax. The Bucks would be setting themselves up for a 140m payroll in a small market. I don't see it
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#22 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:14 pm

LloydFree wrote:

*Actually they would wait maximum the 48-72 hours to match to make sure the Sixers couldn’t sign other free agents during that time, then match. But they’d decide to match in 5 seconds.

I don't think it's as cut and dry that they match. They already signed Bledsoe for 18m per.

Matching Brogdon at 20m guarantees the Bucks starting lineup alone puts them into the tax. The Bucks would be setting themselves up for a 140m payroll in a small market. I don't see it

Pretty sure the most they can give Lopez is the MLE. Middleton is probably getting a max/near max deal
Zander
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#23 » by Zander » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:48 pm

LoLololo

Guys a joke
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#24 » by LloydFree » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:57 pm

youngcrev wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Pretty sure the most they can give Lopez is the MLE. Middleton is probably getting a max/near max deal

Regardless. The MLE is 11mil. Whether they pay him 11 or 15, they'll still have a starting lineup close to 120m.... and that's not including potentially bringing back Mirotic and still paying Tony Snell 10m.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Re: Pompey speculates if either harris or butler leaves plan B is Malcolm Brogdon\ 

Post#25 » by the_process » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:59 pm

It all depends on what MIL does with Middleton. If he comes back over 30M, then bringing back Brogdon over 20M puts them in the tax. Even if they let Mirotic and Lopez walk. And they don’t really have the spare assets to dump Ilyasova or Snell. MIL is not really a market with the revenue to support a tax paying team.

Should this be the avenue the Sixers choose to pursue, for whatever reason... I don’t think MIL matches any 4 year offer sheet for Brogdon worth over 90M unless Middleton walks.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#26 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:05 pm

LloydFree wrote:

They can always just trade Brogdon in a year before Giannis’ supermax kicks in.

People said this about Otto Porter, the Nets offered the max, and the Wizards matched it anyway. If you’re not prepared to offer Brogdon the max or close to it then you’re not serious about signing him imo.

Heck some other team would probably outbid us for Brogdon at that point. I’m not sure why people are so convinced that teams are going to offer our players crazy money but other teams’ players are gonna be signed for reasonable contracts.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#27 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:26 pm

If Tobias walks, do the Sixers make an offer to Mirotic? I would think yes?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#28 » by Mik317 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:49 pm

Mirotic shat the bed harder than Harris this postseason
#NeverGonnaBeGood
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#29 » by SixthStreet » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:06 pm

If I'm the Bucks, I match anything around 20M/yr for Brogdon irrespective of any tax considerations because that will be a movable contract, maybe even for value, at any point of the deal.

They have a good front office so they won't make a mistake. Prying Brogdon away will require a hefty overpay.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 600

Post#30 » by brannigan73 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:44 pm

Brogdon is really good. I would have no problem passing on Harris if I could get him and a quality back up center and round out the bench. He could take on a bigger role the guy can really shoot the ball. Harris just wasnt that great as a Sixer people have to realise that. I feel like it goes beyond not having time to integrate him properly. Its one thing to do well with low expectations. He struggled after being traded to a contender with high expectations. That worries me.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#31 » by LloydFree » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:27 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:If Tobias walks, do the Sixers make an offer to Mirotic? I would think yes?

Mirotic is trash. And has been trash for all of his NBA career, except for a 4 month period with the Pelicans.
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#32 » by ZarcMumoff » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:56 pm

If Tobias Harris is essentially a lock to get 4/141, I do not understand the rationale by somehow getting Brogdon for just 4/80. Bucks or not, someone else will offer him more than that.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#33 » by LloydFree » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:20 am

ZarcMumoff wrote:If Tobias Harris is essentially a lock to get 4/141, I do not understand the rationale by somehow getting Brogdon for just 4/80. Bucks or not, someone else will offer him more than that.

Harris and Brogdon have different max salaries because of service time. 20m per isn't Brogdon's max, but 25 per, is pretty much it
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#34 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:11 am

LloydFree wrote:
ZarcMumoff wrote:If Tobias Harris is essentially a lock to get 4/141, I do not understand the rationale by somehow getting Brogdon for just 4/80. Bucks or not, someone else will offer him more than that.

Harris and Brogdon have different max salaries because of service time. 20m per isn't Brogdon's max, but 25 per, is pretty much it

Brogdon's max is something like 4/117 from a team other than the Bucks.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#35 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:21 am

If Brogdon gets a contract starting at anything more than Harris' $22.2 million cap hold, you actually have less cap space this summer and can't go over the cap to sign Redick ect or get access to the over the cap exceptions.

Brogdon is only 7 months younger than Harris, had huge concerns about his knees coming out of college and has had major injuries two years in a row.

This is a grass is greener thing...
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#36 » by SixthStreet » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:16 am

Harris is a good shot creator and Brogdon is a great floor spacer and shooter. Brogdon is a ready now version of Shamet + some defense. The type of stuff Harris can do is far more important AND he brings a lot of Brogdon's offensive skillset.

They would probably be a better regular season team replacing Harris with Brogdon, but there's no way we are a better playoff team. You have to have guys that can get buckets in the playoffs.

I think a lot of our fans look at Harris' poor shooting in the playoff games as justification he's not worth it. I think it's small sample noise and pretty critical to bring back and fully integrate him offensively and feature a package of actions just for him. I believe we will see a totally different Tobias next year.

Load management for Embiid and Butler should give Brown plenty of opportunity to see what Harris can do in a featured offensive role. I'd like to see him become the primary offensive option on the team potentially.
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#37 » by ZarcMumoff » Tue Jun 4, 2019 8:03 pm

LloydFree wrote:

I meant that if Harris is signing for his max deal, I don't see how the best deal Brogdon can get is 4/80. Any team that loses out on Harris is just going to throw their money at Brogdon, which is what, 4/109? His market is going to be much bigger than 4/80.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#38 » by LloydFree » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:14 pm

ZarcMumoff wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

I meant that if Harris is signing for his max deal, I don't see how the best deal Brogdon can get is 4/80. Any team that loses out on Harris is just going to throw their money at Brogdon, which is what, 4/109? His market is going to be much bigger than 4/80.

Depends. Everybody doesn't have 25 million worth of cap space available to offer for a 3rd or 4th wheel.

The Lakers aren't going to spend their money on him. I doubt the Knicks would spend their money on him. Brooklyn isn't going to use their money on another combo guard. That leaves just Dallas and Indiana as the likely options outside of Milwaukee and Philadelphia, and one of those teams may sign Tobias instead.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#39 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 4:51 am

Brogdan would be a great acquisition, but as previous posters have rightly stated, Pompey is a nitwit with zero in the way of credibility or inside sources...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers