Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Re: Welcome Jimmy Butler 

Post#1501 » by fl311 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:51 pm

BullyKing wrote:
fl311 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:Thanks man. Any update on Tobias? Sorry for asking in this thread.

Nothing new on Tobias and he isnt their top priority.

His deal should be easier to work out if they wanted to keep him as none of the big market teams will offer him a max. If he wants to win, he could return. If he wants most $$ and doesnt care where he goes, then he might be gone. It doesnt sound like they are going to bid against themselves for him

Wish they figured out that he wasn't going to a top priority before they traded for him.

i probably should have worded that better.

Jimmy is the top priority. He's after Jimmy.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1502 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:33 pm

Can someone who knows cap better than me comment on the below scenario:

Jimmy stays for the 5 year max.

Tobias leaves with Boban for another team.

Can the Sixers afford to sign Kyrie???

Would anyone want him here?

Kyrie/Jimmy/Ben/Joel is a serious squad.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1503 » by youngcrev » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:53 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Can someone who knows cap better than me comment on the below scenario:

They'd have around 30M in cap space. Elton would have convince him to take the "Philly Max" like he did all those years ago
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1504 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:00 pm

Per Jimmy's social media, he is headed "back to the East Coast" after having a fun time in LA.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,999

Post#1505 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:00 pm

fl311 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
fl311 wrote:Hearing some positive developments on the Jimmy front.

They are clearly going to offer him that max and Jo and Ben are in contact with him. Obviously Jimmy is an odd dude and nobody knows what he is thinking, but there is optimism he will remain.

He has also come around to Brett remaining the coach after the adjustments he made in the playoffs.

Thanks man. Any update on Tobias? Sorry for asking in this thread.

Nothing new on Tobias and he isnt their top priority.

His deal should be easier to work out if they wanted to keep him as none of the big market teams will offer him a max. If he wants to win, he could return. If he wants most $$ and doesnt care where he goes, then he might be gone. It doesnt sound like they are going to bid against themselves for him

Who are they looking as options to replace Harris?
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#1506 » by kuclas » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:07 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Can someone who knows cap better than me comment on the below scenario:

Kyrie would be a perfect fit for him and the sixers. They can space his minutes out with Ben.

More kyrie with embiid. Kyrie can relax on defense with embiid to erase out mistakes. . But still handle the ball on offense.

Ben can play more with jimmy and kyrie.

Limit embiid minutes to 30 a game.

But I think kyrie has made up his mind. I see him going to New York/Brooklyn. Him and KD probably have some handshake agreement.

All I know is kyrie won’t go where he’s solo act.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,999

Post#1507 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:21 pm

If we get Jimmy and don't get Tobias if make a hard push for Kemba or Dlo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 600

Post#1508 » by brannigan73 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:36 pm

Im 100% against the full max for Harris. If it was Harris or nothing of course I'd give him the max but even an idiot GM can bring in more talent with 30 million then Harris. And I like Tobi. He is a good player but he isnt Butler. Malcom Brogdon or Mirotic plus a quality back up big like Dedmon thats more wins then Tobi and easily doable with 30 million. He has to take a discount that allows them to round out the bench to be back. They cant be losing playoff series because of back up Centers that go -15 in 10 minutes of play time.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1509 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:02 pm

brannigan73 wrote:Im 100% against the full max for Harris. If it was Harris or nothing of course I'd give him the max but even an idiot GM can bring in more talent with 30 million then Harris. And I like Tobi. He is a good player but he isnt Butler. Malcom Brogdon or Mirotic plus a quality back up big like Dedmon thats more wins then Tobi and easily doable with 30 million. He has to take a discount that allows them to round out the bench to be back. They cant be losing playoff series because of back up Centers that go -15 in 10 minutes of play time.

The problem is that the Sixers wouldn’t have $30M to freely spend in free agency if they choose to let Harris walk while keeping Butler and JJ. They are going to have to operate as an over the cap team and the way the salary cap works retaining our own is the most realistic way to put the best team on the court. If we do sign Harris to the max will he be slightly paid? Yes, but we won’t be able to spend that $ else where so it’s a moot point unless you’re actually paying him.

Plus Mitotic is pretty mediocre, don’t know why he’s a popular signing choice here. The difference between 35 mins of Harris vs Mirotic is monumental compared to the difference we’d get in 15-20 mins a game of Dedmon and a lesser backup Big like Ed Davis/J McGee/whoever you want to pick
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1510 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:13 pm

kuclas wrote:

Kyrie would be a perfect fit for him and the sixers. They can space his minutes out with Ben.

More kyrie with embiid. Kyrie can relax on defense with embiid to erase out mistakes. . But still handle the ball on offense.

But I think kyrie has made up his mind. I see him going to New York/Brooklyn. Him and KD probably have some handshake agreement.

That's why I asked. I feel like if Jimmy wants to play with Kyrie that badly, and he has made up his mind that Philly is the best situation for him, and winning is the most important thing, Jimmy should Opt In or at least take the Max as early as possible and recruit Kyrie hard.

He would be in my opinion a great on court fit. He can defend PGs or at least stay in front of them and guard them on the perimeter.

He can score in bunches and alleviate the pressure on Jimmy and Joel to always be the guys who have to carry the load.

He's got major star power and is a clutch closer, and shows up in the playoffs.

You could either play him off ball similar to JJ, or slide Ben to the 4, or so many other things. Jimmy/Kyrie pick and pops would be fun....

He's a fit age wise and would immediately put Sixers in Finals conversation in a stronger way than Tobias.

If Ben can develop a corner jumper, he could become an effective stretch option at the PF spot.

I'd be down with it, even with all of Kyrie's baggage.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1511 » by will » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm diggin' the idea of Jimmy Buckets on Philly. Mans plays each possession on both sides of the ball with mad intensity.

The question now is, once he gets his bag...he packs it in or keeps going?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#1512 » by the_process » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:05 pm

If they offer Butler 5-188, he’s not going anywhere.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1513 » by the_process » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:06 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
kuclas wrote:

That's why I asked. I feel like if Jimmy wants to play with Kyrie that badly, and he has made up his mind that Philly is the best situation for him, and winning is the most important thing, Jimmy should Opt In or at least take the Max as early as possible and recruit Kyrie hard.

He would be in my opinion a great on court fit. He can defend PGs or at least stay in front of them and guard them on the perimeter.

He can score in bunches and alleviate the pressure on Jimmy and Joel to always be the guys who have to carry the load.

You could either play him off ball similar to JJ, or slide Ben to the 4, or so many other things. Jimmy/Kyrie pick and pops would be fun....

He's a fit age wise and would immediately put Sixers in Finals conversation in a stronger way than Tobias.

If Ben can develop a corner jumper, he could become an effective stretch option at the PF spot.

If the Sixers were to add Kyrie (and IDK how considering the most cap room they can get without renouncing Jimmy is just over 29M so a “Philly max” contract would only be 4-126), IMO they would have to trade Ben.

Also Celtics fans would make this board their 2nd home and spend half their day here trashing Kyrie. :lol:
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1514 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:36 pm

the_process wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
kuclas wrote:

If the Sixers were to add Kyrie (and IDK how considering the most cap room they can get without renouncing Jimmy is just over 29M so a “Philly max” contract would only be 4-126), IMO they would have to trade Ben.

Also Celtics fans would make this board their 2nd home and spend half their day here trashing Kyrie.
Okay, so Ben Simmons to Miami to follow a similar path of LBJ...

For Josh Richardson and #13.

Then #13, #24, and the 2 early 2nds for Taureen Prince.

Kyrie
Richardson
Butler
Prince
Embiid

With a bench featuring Zhaire, JJ, Ennis, Scott and Bolden with some other vets in the mix.

Miami rebuilds around Ben and Bam.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#1515 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:55 pm

oh my....make it stop!
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,792

Post#1516 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:13 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
the_process wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:That's why I asked. I feel like if Jimmy wants to play with Kyrie that badly, and he has made up his mind that Philly is the best situation for him, and winning is the most important thing, Jimmy should Opt In or at least take the Max as early as possible and recruit Kyrie hard.

Also Celtics fans would make this board their 2nd home and spend half their day here trashing Kyrie.
Okay, so Ben Simmons to Miami to follow a similar path of LBJ...

For Josh Richardson and #13.

Then #13, #24, and the 2 early 2nds for Taureen Prince.

Kyrie
Richardson
Butler
Prince
Embiid

With a bench featuring Zhaire, JJ, Ennis, Scott and Bolden with some other vets in the mix.

Miami rebuilds around Ben and Bam.

just wow at the bolded. yuck
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#1517 » by SixthStreet » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:08 am

If we can somehow get Kyrie and retain Butler we will win the title next year. Kyrie does exactly all the things that accentuate the other 3 stars strengths and minimize what they don't do well.

That said, I can't say I've seen anything at all that suggests Kyrie is at all interested in even hearing a pitch from the Sixers.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,506

Post#1518 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:37 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:Plus Mitotic is pretty mediocre, don’t know why he’s a popular signing choice here. The difference between 35 mins of Harris vs Mirotic is monumental compared to the difference we’d get in 15-20 mins a game of Dedmon and a lesser backup Big like Ed Davis/J McGee/whoever you want to pick

.577, .584
Those are Mirotic's TS% the last 2 regular seasons.
.565, 592
These are T.Harris' TS% the last 2 regular seasons.

Tobias may be looking at a max contract while Mirotic's cost will be about half that price, also Tobias wants/needs to handle the ball way more than Mirotic does which is counterproductive when you already have B.Simmons and J.Butler already on the roster and that's not even taking in consideration Embiid who just demands the ball given to him and let him work.

The trade of Tobias was overkill at PF with 2 possibly 3 max contracts in the 76ers future. My guess is that at that time of the trade Brand wasn't thinking about bringing Butler back, for as good as Butler was/is, he wasn't being utilized and/or producing at near a max level player like it would cost to keep him, so Brand hedged his bet and brought Harris in as Phillie's 3rd big player going forward. When Brown's job was on the line, Butler got the ball and helped carry this team almost to the conference finals with Embiid not being himself most of the 2nd round.

Personally, I think Brand will try to retain Harris and Butler to not lose assets and before the 2020-2021 season starts(in over a season away), one of the max(or near max) players will get moved to lessen the tax burden and add future assets to move forward with. The free agent class of 2020 doesn't look strong so trades of better players under contract may be made easier.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#1519 » by James40 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:57 am

I don’t no much about history, don’t know much about biology, but I do know I hate Kyrie and don’t want him around my teamy.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1520 » by the_process » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:00 am

SixthStreet wrote:If we can somehow get Kyrie and retain Butler we will win the title next year. Kyrie does exactly all the things that accentuate the other 3 stars strengths and minimize what they don't do well.

That said, I can't say I've seen anything at all that suggests Kyrie is at all interested in even hearing a pitch from the Sixers.

The only shot is that the rumors were right last summer and Butler and Kyrie want to play together. I’m not even a Kyrie fan, but he certainly adds the dynamic they are missing. Also Jo will have to be okay with being the 2nd/3rd option focusing more on defense, and I’m not sure that’s going to fly over very well.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers