ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Knicks Blog/News Site

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

OT: Knicks Blog/News Site 

Post#1 » by knickstape4ever » Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Looking to gauge interest in starting a Knicks blog/news website (as well as affiliated social media accounts). I know there are already a bunch of similar sites, but wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in creating a high quality site for all things Knicks
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect
And1: 239

Re: OT: Knicks Blog/News Site 

Post#2 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Mon May 27, 2019 11:06 pm

Just added a Knicks podcast to my network, if you do a website would you be interested in adding the pod to site? https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vhk2e-b124f0

Also looking to add more host to show so we can produce one a week, if anyone is interested.
"Oh well, adversity is the best teacher"
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#3 » by knickstape4ever » Mon May 27, 2019 11:38 pm

NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:Just added a Knicks podcast to my network, if you do a website would you be interested in adding the pod to site? https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vhk2e-b124f0

Also looking to add more host to show so we can produce one a week, if anyone is interested.

that's exactly the kind of content I'd like. my hope is to get a group of 4-5 to start and produce stuff like op-ed's, podcasts, aggregate Knicks news, etc.
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Tue May 28, 2019 3:02 am

Let’s do it, certainly enough knowledgeable people here to get it done. What’s your email? I’m on Groupme and WhatsApp as well.
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Tue May 28, 2019 3:04 am

I wish we can pin threads here not that this deserves its own pin, but things get buried often.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#6 » by br7knicks » Tue May 28, 2019 10:54 am

NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:I wish we can pin threads here not that this deserves its own pin, but things get buried often.

i believe there's a subscribe button for threads. anytime there's a post, they'll get a notification
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#7 » by DowNY » Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 pm

Should start a discord
br7knicks

Post#8 » by br7knicks » Tue May 28, 2019 3:12 pm

For my brother's podcast show, we use Google Hangouts because we don't live near each other. We have 4 of us, all in different places, able to discuss topics.

So if you want other forum members and you to do a podcast, you can try that
RIP, magnumt '19

knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#9 » by knickstape4ever » Tue May 28, 2019 9:56 pm

If interested PM me. Would love to get this started as soon as possible. Now is a great time before the offseason really starts with draft, FA
Rangers248
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Rangers248 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 am

I’d love to get involved

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
br7knicks

Post#11 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:56 am

knickstape4ever wrote:If interested PM me. Would love to get this started as soon as possible. Now is a great time before the offseason really starts with draft, FA

i'm not sure what you're looking to do, but i know what would help someone like me is to give something that's a little different. at least a little different.

everyone seems to be close to what ESPN does. i'm very anti-ESPN, as it's very boring, and has changed in a bad way. it's 5 minutes of sports highlights, and 55 minutes of people over analyzing ****, and screaming at each other.

so are you going to do anything different, or new? or just a source to read? i don't mind reading from other sites.
RIP, magnumt '19

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#12 » by j4remi » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:53 am

br7knicks wrote:For my brother's podcast show, we use Google Hangouts because we don't live near each other. We have 4 of us, all in different places, able to discuss topics.

So if you want other forum members and you to do a podcast, you can try that

Anchor is a pretty good option as well. Only one person gets to hang on to the recording, but you can get a decent sounding podcast right from your phone and it auto blasts out links to a lot of the main audio options (like Spotify).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#13 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:47 pm

br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:If interested PM me. Would love to get this started as soon as possible. Now is a great time before the offseason really starts with draft, FA

i'm not sure what you're looking to do, but i know what would help someone like me is to give something that's a little different. at least a little different.

everyone seems to be close to what ESPN does. i'm very anti-ESPN, as it's very boring, and has changed in a bad way. it's 5 minutes of sports highlights, and 55 minutes of people over analyzing ****, and screaming at each other.

so are you going to do anything different, or new? or just a source to read? i don't mind reading from other sites.

my goal is to create something all-encompassing: news feed, op-ed pieces, podcasts, highlights, and any and all necessary Knicks info
br7knicks

Post#14 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:50 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

my goal is to create something all-encompassing: news feed, op-ed pieces, podcasts, highlights, and any and all necessary Knicks info

Well I get that. But what will you do that's different or new.

For me, I use this site. A dew others are okay, but I get links from you guys.

It's more about me trying to help you, by asking that.

Or were you hoping to mainly be a third party aggregate site, like Ben's bargains, where people post links and highlights from other sites, while also having some original work as well?
RIP, magnumt '19

knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#15 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:21 pm

br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Or were you hoping to mainly be a third party aggregate site, like Ben's bargains, where people post links and highlights from other sites, while also having some original work as well?

yeah, kinda a 3rd party aggregate as well as original content. similar to knicksfilmschool, however with op-ed pieces and Knicks news on the website rather than just social

kinda like a Knicks version of riveraveblues (sad to see that shut down)
br7knicks

Post#16 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:49 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

yeah, kinda a 3rd party aggregate as well as original content. similar to knicksfilmschool, however with op-ed pieces and Knicks news on the website rather than just social

that's cool. it'd be good to have original content, too.

have you ever done a podcast? writing?
RIP, magnumt '19

knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#17 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:54 pm

br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I have never podcasted before (part of why I'd like to build a team), but I do have writing experience
br7knicks

Post#18 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:30 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

I have never podcasted before (part of why I'd like to build a team), but I do have writing experience

was going to PM you, but i don't know how.

not sure of your experience with writing, but i can proofread and edit your **** if you want - i'm a teacher. technically 3rd grade, but i'm the one most co-workers go to when they need to write formal pieces.
RIP, magnumt '19

knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#19 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:44 pm

br7knicks wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

was going to PM you, but i don't know how.

not sure of your experience with writing, but i can proofread and edit your **** if you want - i'm a teacher. technically 3rd grade, but i'm the one most co-workers go to when they need to write formal pieces.

I'd appreciate that!
BTNasty
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#20 » by BTNasty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:00 pm

I'm late here but glad I found this thread. I don't post much but I've been on RealGM for 10 years now. I'm good with websites and web design stuff so I've actually been working on building a site/social community strictly for us knicks fans. I'm down to collaborate with some of the talented people here that do other things like graphics, videos, podcasts, articles, etc. so hit me up.

Return to New York Knicks