ImageImageImageImageImage

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#2021 » by Basileus777 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Would we be able to sign Irving, sign Tobias Harris while retaining Russell's cap hold?

I sign up right now for Irving/Russell/LeVert/Harris/Allen

No. Even if you trade Crabbe for pure cap space and renounce every one else, you only get to about 18 million in cap space, not nearly enough for Harris. DLo has to go in any scenario where we're getting two major free agents.
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#2022 » by Antti22 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:19 pm

Basileus777 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Would we be able to sign Irving, sign Tobias Harris while retaining Russell's cap hold?

No. Even if you trade Crabbe for pure cap space and renounce every one else, you only get to about 18 million in cap space, not nearly enough for Harris. DLo has to go in any scenario where we're getting two major free agents.

It is possible. Harris and/or Dinwiddie would need to be traded tho, one of which is quite likely along with some other pieces.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#2023 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:01 pm

It depends on if both need a full max. Moving Crabbe & Dinwiddie, we'd be at about $58mil in cap room. Would Kyrie be willing to settle for a deal starting around $31mil & Tobias for a deal starting around $27mil? Otherwise, we'd likely need to move Joe as well, unless we can receive one in a S&T (doubtful since division rivals wouldn't help each other out like that).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#2024 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:53 pm

This offseason is not going to go smoothly at all now that four teams are expected to offer Russell contracts.

If the Nets are forced to match a contract offer before any of the bigger names decide on what to do, we are screwed.

I can't expect Russell to sit around and wait for Sean Marks if everything hinges on if the Nets have to renounce his rights to gain cap room. if the Jazz, Magic, Wolves, or Pacers offer him a max contract offer he would be a fool not to sign it.

The Nets need to decide whether or not this kid is in their plans or not, because if not renounce him now and clear up the cap space.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#2025 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:23 pm

So per Shams, we're officially in the bidding process for Anthony Davis. I wonder what the package is. I don't think we compare to what Lakers and especially Knicks could offer, but who knows. Langdon being GM there makes things interesting.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#2026 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:39 pm

Hopefully our team ends up like this
Dlo
Joe Harris
Tobias Harris
Brandon Clarke(DW to Hawks for #10)<-we need someone to reb and play d; and clarke one of the best big defenders in this draft
Anthony Davis(Allen Crabbe, Levert, Allen, Kurucs, #17 and #27)

We Don't really need Kyrie. Playing alongside AD will elevate Dlo and Tobias Harris' games to allstar starter level.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#2027 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:44 pm

Honestly Magic would be good fit for Dlo..pick and roll, and pick and pop big with Vucevic; Stretch 4 in Aaron Gordon. Sniper in Evan Fournier. Best of all, he can still be the dominant ball handler. Dlo and Towns would make a fun and entertaining duo too. But hope Nets retain him.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#2028 » by Paradise » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:45 pm

The Kyrie chatter continues...

Read on Twitter
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#2029 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:47 pm

Paradise wrote:The Kyrie chatter continues...

Read on Twitter

Kyrie
Dlo
Harris
Hachimura(DW for Suns 6th or Hawks 10th)
Davis

Would be nice lineup.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2030 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:43 pm

DarkXaero wrote:So per Shams, we're officially in the bidding process for Anthony Davis. I wonder what the package is. I don't think we compare to what Lakers and especially Knicks could offer, but who knows. Langdon being GM there makes things interesting.

Looks like Marks is going to overhaul the entire roster.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#2031 » by gigantes » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:16 am

MrDollarBills wrote:This offseason is not going to go smoothly at all now that four teams are expected to offer Russell contracts.

If the Nets are forced to match a contract offer before any of the bigger names decide on what to do, we are screwed.

I can't expect Russell to sit around and wait for Sean Marks if everything hinges on if the Nets have to renounce his rights to gain cap room. if the Jazz, Magic, Wolves, or Pacers offer him a max contract offer he would be a fool not to sign it.

The Nets need to decide whether or not this kid is in their plans or not, because if not renounce him now and clear up the cap space.

Do they have to renounce him before another team gives him an offer sheet, or can they pull a fast one in the middle of that two day process?

DLo did say he's prepared to be patient and work with the Nets on this process, so that seems like a very good sign.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#2032 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:39 am

MrDollarBills wrote:This offseason is not going to go smoothly at all now that four teams are expected to offer Russell contracts.

if marks doesnt have an understanding with Dlo prior to the start of free agency that is a monumental billy king level blunder. im not saying we even need to give him the max. but day 1 it should be "this is what we are offering, if you sign an offer sheet even for less then that we wont match" and the expectation Dlo will sign after we use our cap space.

I agree that things seem uncertain. Maybe thats just cause the nets dont leak much. but it seems alot more uncertain then it should be
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#2033 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:44 am

IF we can get Davis for something like:

Levert, Allen, Crabbe, Musa, #17, 2021 top 1 protected) that would be a slam dunk.

Joe Harris i want to keep out of that trade at all costs. but it wouldnt be a dealbreaker obviously. Id like to keep kurucs too, his chemistry with dlo and those back cuts is great and i love his grit. i think with dlo, harris, dinwidde, kurucs you still keep that grit identity....

Russell
Kyrie
Harris
Kurucs
Davis

Diniwddie
Dudley
Musa
Carroll on room exception
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#2034 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:44 am

also, if we sign kyrie, or he publically commits to us, then anothony davis may push for the nets, or sign he will only extend with us or something. and that may allow us to get him without the best package
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#2035 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:51 am

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2036 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:06 am

Paradise wrote:

Yeah Alan Hahn was on the radio whining about this earlier.

I think our best bet if Irving really is coming here is to try and trade for Anthony Davis.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#2037 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:08 am

This is exactly why I said I was surprised to hear DLo talk about him waiting around for superstars to get their deals before he does.

This ain’t the early 2000s anymore. He will get an offer at 6:01pm from another team. His agent must know this.

This is why I hypothesized that either he really wants to come back to the Nets OR he’s just making sure to keep up good PR until free agency. I’m surprised his agent let him say what he did in that interview, although maybe DLo didn’t know that he shouldn’t have been that blunt about it.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2038 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:14 am

DarkXaero wrote:So per Shams, we're officially in the bidding process for Anthony Davis. I wonder what the package is. I don't think we compare to what Lakers and especially Knicks could offer, but who knows. Langdon being GM there makes things interesting.

But Griffin is the EVP.

They’re going to do whatever is best for their franchise. I think the Lakers has the best offer the moment they got the 4th pick. Unless we’re somehow able to get the 6th pick from PHX, we’d be giving up a tremendous part of our core for 1yr rental that we hope would turn into a new long term deal, but can’t be guaranteed.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2039 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:17 am

Prokorov wrote:

if marks doesnt have an understanding with Dlo prior to the start of free agency that is a monumental billy king level blunder. im not saying we even need to give him the max. but day 1 it should be "this is what we are offering, if you sign an offer sheet even for less then that we wont match" and the expectation Dlo will sign after we use our cap space.

I agree that things seem uncertain. Maybe thats just cause the nets dont leak much. but it seems alot more uncertain then it should be

The Nets have accounted for this. Thy specialize in mapping out every hypothetical situation for the draft. Why wouldn’t they do the same for free agency. Nothing will surprise them. There’s a reason why the team capologist attended the last season ticket holder meeting. They know what’s up.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2040 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:37 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

This is exactly why I said I was surprised to hear DLo talk about him waiting around for superstars to get their deals before he does.

This ain’t the early 2000s anymore. He will get an offer at 6:01pm from another team. His agent must know this.

This is why I hypothesized that either he really wants to come back to the Nets OR he’s just making sure to keep up good PR until free agency. I’m surprised his agent let him say what he did in that interview, although maybe DLo didn’t know that he shouldn’t have been that blunt about it.

If he doesn't want to wait, I don't hold it against him. From what I gathered, I don't think he knows for sure if he's staying or not, which is unfortunate.

I don't know if I let him walk if another star isn't coming with Irving. However, if Irving doesn't sign right away the Nets are going to be in serious trouble on the Russell front, I predict. If I'm not mistaken, if he signs an offer sheet that really screws the Nets capwise.

Return to Brooklyn Nets