ImageImageImageImageImage

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#2041 » by Netaman » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:29 am

Didn't Shams put out the 4 teams AD wants to go to and we weren't on the list?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#2042 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:55 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:So per Shams, we're officially in the bidding process for Anthony Davis. I wonder what the package is. I don't think we compare to what Lakers and especially Knicks could offer, but who knows. Langdon being GM there makes things interesting.

But Griffin is the EVP.

They’re going to do whatever is best for their franchise. I think the Lakers has the best offer the moment they got the 4th pick. Unless we’re somehow able to get the 6th pick from PHX, we’d be giving up a tremendous part of our core for 1yr rental that we hope would turn into a new long term deal, but can’t be guaranteed.
I'm not saying that it makes us favorites, I'm just saying that it means we already have an established good/great relationship with their FO, that's all.

Sent from my LG-H931 using RealGM mobile app
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#2043 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:This offseason is not going to go smoothly at all now that four teams are expected to offer Russell contracts.

If the Nets are forced to match a contract offer before any of the bigger names decide on what to do, we are screwed.

I can't expect Russell to sit around and wait for Sean Marks if everything hinges on if the Nets have to renounce his rights to gain cap room. if the Jazz, Magic, Wolves, or Pacers offer him a max contract offer he would be a fool not to sign it.

The Nets need to decide whether or not this kid is in their plans or not, because if not renounce him now and clear up the cap space.

This is exactly why I said I was surprised to hear DLo talk about him waiting around for superstars to get their deals before he does.

This ain’t the early 2000s anymore. He will get an offer at 6:01pm from another team. His agent must know this.

This is why I hypothesized that either he really wants to come back to the Nets OR he’s just making sure to keep up good PR until free agency. I’m surprised his agent let him say what he did in that interview, although maybe DLo didn’t know that he shouldn’t have been that blunt about it.

If he doesn't want to wait, I don't hold it against him. From what I gathered, I don't think he knows for sure if he's staying or not, which is unfortunate.

I don't know if I let him walk if another star isn't coming with Irving. However, if Irving doesn't sign right away the Nets are going to be in serious trouble on the Russell front, I predict. If I'm not mistaken, if he signs an offer sheet that really screws the Nets capwise.

He will definitely know what the plan is before free agency begins.

The Nets will make sure to have Irving and/or Kyrie in the bag when free agency begins. Woj or Shams will tweet one or both of their new deals at 6:01pm. You can book that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,826

Post#2044 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:47 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:This is exactly why I said I was surprised to hear DLo talk about him waiting around for superstars to get their deals before he does.

This ain’t the early 2000s anymore. He will get an offer at 6:01pm from another team. His agent must know this.

This is why I hypothesized that either he really wants to come back to the Nets OR he’s just making sure to keep up good PR until free agency. I’m surprised his agent let him say what he did in that interview, although maybe DLo didn’t know that he shouldn’t have been that blunt about it.

If he doesn't want to wait, I don't hold it against him. From what I gathered, I don't think he knows for sure if he's staying or not, which is unfortunate.

I don't know if I let him walk if another star isn't coming with Irving. However, if Irving doesn't sign right away the Nets are going to be in serious trouble on the Russell front, I predict. If I'm not mistaken, if he signs an offer sheet that really screws the Nets capwise.

The Nets will make sure to have Irving and/or Kyrie in the bag when free agency begins. Woj or Shams will tweet one or both of their new deals at 6:01pm. You can book that.

Based on his comments, right now he's in the dark. If I were him, I would absolutely field other offers if the Nets aren't being upfront.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#2045 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Based on his comments, right now he's in the dark. If I were him, I would absolutely field other offers if the Nets aren't being upfront.

I think the Pacers are the likeliest team to try to poach him. They have the cap space, he'd fit in perfectly with that roster & they;'re a 2hr drive from his home town.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#2046 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I don't get that at all. He's in the dark in the sense that we don't know who is signing here, but once that is made clear when moratorium opens up, he'll know quickly where he stands, because we know where we stand.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#2047 » by Lamak » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:54 pm

this is about to be the most fun off season ever
Brooklyn Nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2048 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:10 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:He will definitely know what the plan is before free agency begins.

I don't get that at all. He's in the dark in the sense that we don't know who is signing here, but once that is made clear when moratorium opens up, he'll know quickly where he stands, because we know where we stand.

Are you looking at this from his perspective? Because if I were him I would not want to be sitting here for the next 30 days waiting until the Nets figure it out especially if my agent is getting feelers from 4-5 other teams. I would go to where I'm wanted.

If at this point, Russell does not know that the Nets plan to go over the cap to resign him, he is in the dark and that's not good.

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#2049 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Are you looking at this from his perspective? Because if I were him I would not want to be sitting here for the next 30 days waiting until the Nets figure it out especially if my agent is getting feelers from 4-5 other teams. I would go to where I'm wanted.

If at this point, Russell does not know that the Nets plan to go over the cap to resign him, he is in the dark and that's not good.
Free agency hasn't started. He's not supposed to be taking fillers at this point. Thats the point of the June 30 moratorium.

Sure he would like to know now, but off season hasn't started yet. He knows where he stands based on his comments. And all indications are he is willing to wait until the "plan" becomes clearer, which is when the moratorium starts.

I don't see a problem with his comments. I see a guy who has been advised of the process (by the team and perhaps his agent since he talks about s&t options).

I dont see much of a difference between his and Spencer's comments before we extended him. Or even Dudley after the season was done.

It was matter of factly. He knows how FA works. He knows there are huge fishes that might impact his status with the team. He knows the team likes him and wants him back, and he same with the team.

But, as Spencer and Dudley talked about and DLo now...theres a timeline for all of this.

Until that timeline starts it's all waiting and speculation.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2050 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 5, 2019 4:18 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:I don't get that at all. He's in the dark in the sense that we don't know who is signing here, but once that is made clear when moratorium opens up, he'll know quickly where he stands, because we know where we stand.

Free agency hasn't started. He's not supposed to be taking fillers at this point. Thats the point of the June 30 moratorium.

Sure he would like to know now, but off season hasn't started yet. He knows where he stands based on his comments. And all indications are he is willing to wait until the "plan" becomes clearer, which is when the moratorium starts.

I don't see a problem with his comments. I see a guy who has been advised of the process (by the team and perhaps his agent since he talks about s&t options).

I dont see much of a difference between his and Spencer's comments before we extended him. Or even Dudley after the season was done.

It was matter of factly. He knows how FA works. He knows there are huge fishes that might impact his status with the team. He knows the team likes him and wants him back, and he same with the team.

But, as Spencer and Dudley talked about and DLo now...theres a timeline for all of this.

Until that timeline starts it's all waiting and speculation.

Right.

Because we're in a big market we can attract talent that other smaller markets can't.

Despite having the cap space to afford DLo, the Pacers will not waste their time courting the top tier free agents, because there's almost no chance they'd sign despite the Pacers being the 3rd seed for most of the season, even without Oladipo.

The Pacers game is to build through the draft, make trades, and maybe occasionally play the RFA game since that's the main way that they could poach talent on the rise.

If we were back in NJ or a small market, we probably wouldn't be vying for top free agents and re-signing Russell would be the top priority and a non-brainer.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#2051 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 5, 2019 5:40 pm

SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2052 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 5, 2019 5:54 pm

Paradise wrote:SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter

The dude said YESTERDAY that Durant wanted no parts of us. WTF????????? :o :o :o :o

Read on Twitter

This is a funny tweet because some Knick fan posted "Come home Kyrie" in this tweet.

Read on Twitter

That location he's in is without a doubt 100% somewhere in The Oranges of New Jersey (most likely West or South...East Orange is a **** hole).

These Knick fans swear on god that the world revolves them.

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#2053 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter
That's fantastic news for you guys. Hope you get both. Go Nets!

Soooooo hurry and renounce DLo. Thanks.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2054 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

The dude said YESTERDAY that Durant wanted no parts of us. WTF????????? :o :o :o :o

I saw that clip yesterday and I immediately thought that he was saying that out of hope, not because he had hard evidence.

KD will be 31 years old. He doesn't have time for rebuilding and carrying a full squad.

Remember, that was Caris's point when he was asked about KD towards the end of the season. He said that he felt like the Nets would be a good option because when you're 31 like KD, you don't want to do all of the heavy lifting. The Nets supporting cast will play their part and work hard all of the time.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#2055 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:24 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

I saw that clip yesterday and I immediately thought that he was saying that out of hope, not because he had hard evidence.

KD will be 31 years old. He doesn't have time for rebuilding and carrying a full squad.

Remember, that was Caris's point when he was asked about KD towards the end of the season. He said that he felt like the Nets would be a good option because when you're 31 like KD, you don't want to do all of the heavy lifting. The Nets supporting cast will play their part and work hard all of the time.

So the question is, what has to be done to clear space for both players outside of renouncing Russell?

Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#2056 » by Basileus777 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

So the question is, what has to be done to clear space for both players outside of renouncing Russell?

You'd need to dump Dinwiddie, Harris, and Crabbe for just cap space. Which is probably unworkable.

Dlo is gone if Durant is coming.

Blame Deron William's cursed contract.

Edit: If you meant what else needs to be done if we renounce Russell. We'd need to renounce Carroll, Dudley, RHJ, and Ed Davis. Crabbe would have to be traded for cap space. We'd then have to finish the roster with the MLE and vet minimum.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#2057 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:46 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is a funny tweet because some Knick fan posted "Come home Kyrie" in this tweet.

Read on Twitter

That location he's in is without a doubt 100% somewhere in The Oranges of New Jersey (most likely West or South...East Orange is a **** hole).

These Knick fans swear on god that the world revolves them.

I believe Kyrie grew up in West Orange & know he just bought (somebody) a house in South Orange.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#2058 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:50 pm

Basileus777 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I saw that clip yesterday and I immediately thought that he was saying that out of hope, not because he had hard evidence.

You'd need to dump Dinwiddie, Harris, and Crabbe for just cap space. Which is probably unworkable.

Dlo is gone if Durant is coming.

Blame Deron William's cursed contract.

Edit: If you meant what else needs to be done if we renounce Russell. We'd need to renounce Carroll, Dudley, RHJ, and Ed Davis. Crabbe would have to be traded for cap space. We'd then have to finish the roster with the MLE and vet minimum.

Unless you can get GSW to agree to a sign & trade. If, rather than lose Durant for nothing, they're willing to accept Crabbe+Dinwidde+pick(s) to rebuild their bench, then we can take advantage of the 25% matching rule to bring in Durant without the full $37ish mil in space.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#2059 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:18 pm

The AD trio is a pipe dream. It isn't happening folks, don't even think about it. Trading for Davis completely strips this team of what should make it appeal to Kyrie/KD

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#2060 » by NetsJets » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:26 pm

I don’t want Kyrie if KD isn’t apart of the deal.

Return to Brooklyn Nets