ImageImageImageImageImage

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#2061 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:27 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:He will definitely know what the plan is before free agency begins.

The Nets will make sure to have Irving and/or Kyrie in the bag when free agency begins. Woj or Shams will tweet one or both of their new deals at 6:01pm. You can book that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Based on his comments, right now he's in the dark. If I were him, I would absolutely field other offers if the Nets aren't being upfront.
I don't get that at all. He's in the dark in the sense that we don't know who is signing here, but once that is made clear when moratorium opens up, he'll know quickly where he stands, because we know where we stand.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

not good enough... it could all be they are keeping it tight lipped but if marks doesnt let Dlo know exactly where he stands and have an agreement in place then thats a huge black eye for makrs and a monumental shift from doing right by players first.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#2062 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:31 pm

Paradise wrote:SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter

:o

wow.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#2063 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:31 pm

NetsJets wrote:I don’t want Kyrie if KD isn’t apart of the deal.

Yes you do :nod:
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#2064 » by JKiddy » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:33 pm

Let's say hypothetically Kyrie is making it known through back channels that he wants to play in Brooklyn alongside DLO.

Let's say the Nets have already told DLO they will take care of him. He will not get a max offer but they will damn nearly come close to it.

Let's say DLO said he loves Brooklyn and wants to stay and wants one or two more players to come so they can go from a bottom 4 seed in the East to a Eastern Conference title contender in one off season.

Let's say DLO said he would not sign an offer with another team for two-three days to give the Nets time to work things out with the big fish if it is going to happen.

Let's say Kyrie is already in KD's ear to come to Brooklyn as its much better for the both of them and KD said let me finish this season first and that he will think it over and speak to his team. Let's say Durant's agent is even open to this as well and will think logically without his fandom taking over his thought process.

If all of this were true would you not believe it? Let's just say it is possible.

If we don't get KD - If we were to deal Crabbe, J Allen, the 17th, the 31st, a future protected Top 5/10 pick, and another player like Dinwiddie to get AD would you be cool with all of these scenarios?
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#2065 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:42 pm

JKiddy wrote:Let's say hypothetically Kyrie is making it known through back channels that he wants to play in Brooklyn alongside DLO.

Let's say the Nets have already told DLO they will take care of him. He will not get a max offer but they will damn nearly come close to it.

Let's say DLO said he loves Brooklyn and wants to stay and wants one or two more players to come so they can go from a bottom 4 seed in the East to a Eastern Conference title contender in one off season.

Let's say DLO said he would not sign an offer with another team for two-three days to give the Nets time to work things out with the big fish if it is going to happen.

Let's say Kyrie is already in KD's ear to come to Brooklyn as its much better for the both of them and KD said let me finish this season first and that he will think it over and speak to his team. Let's say Durant's agent is even open to this as well and will think logically without his fandom taking over his thought process.

If all of this were true would you not believe it? Let's just say it is possible.

If we don't get KD - If we were to deal Crabbe, J Allen, the 17th, the 31st, a future protected Top 5/10 pick, and another player like Dinwiddie to get AD would you be cool with all of these scenarios?

No way to get KD/Kyrie and keep Russell so forget about that.

That AD trade is horrible for NO so that ain't happening either.

Best case is we land Kyrie/KD and let Russell walk
Next best case is we land Kyrie and trade up for a PF (Rui) or trade for Gordon
Next next base case is we land Harris and look to trade for Beal
Next next next base case is we sign Harris and continue the youth movement with our picks at 17, 27, 31
Worst case is we sign nobody, max Russell and can't trade up for a starting PF.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#2066 » by Mosdefinition » Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter

wow.

I refuse to get sucked in

I'm not going to do it nope

But there is a chance in less than a month
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#2067 » by Netaman » Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:28 pm

Best case is we just get KD, trade Crabbe with 1 of our picks (or a future pick), and resign DLo.

DLo - Dinwiddie - Musa
Levert - Harris
Durant - Graham
Rodi - draft pick
Allen - draft pick

Bring back as many of the vets as we can afford for depth (Ed Davis, Dudley, Carroll, etc).

That team probably competes in the east, though we'd probably need 1 more big guy.
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#2068 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:33 pm

Netaman wrote:Best case is we just get KD, trade Crabbe with 1 of our picks (or a future pick), and resign DLo.

DLo - Dinwiddie - Musa
Levert - Harris
Durant - Graham
Rodi - draft pick
Allen - draft pick

Bring back as many of the vets as we can afford for depth (Ed Davis, Dudley, Carroll, etc).

That team probably competes in the east, though we'd probably need 1 more big guy.

Probably true but now way KD comes by himself. Only chance we have at KD is if Kyrie really has his heart set on BK and he can convince KD to join him.
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#2069 » by haosmoove » Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:33 pm

Isn't it possible to have the trio of AD KD Kyrie?
1) Sign Kyrie
2) Trade for AD centered around DLo s&t, Levert/Allen and picks
3) Trade for KD (s&t) with Crabbe, DW/Harris

I want to know if it's logistically possible to do all of the above. You guys can probably fill out the details on these 2 s&t so they are fair and make sense. I think the Nets do have enough assets to get it done.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#2070 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:43 pm

Mosdefinition wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter

wow.

I refuse to get sucked in

I'm not going to do it nope

But there is a chance in less than a month

Umm...he just landed in New York.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#2071 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 5, 2019 10:54 pm

Btw Oddshark has updated their Kawhi Leonard odds. Nets are 3rd behind LAC and TOR.

Read on Twitter
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#2072 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:15 am

Nets in the news every day now? At least I'll have a great distraction over the next month at work.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 403

Post#2073 » by drchaos » Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:37 am

haosmoove wrote:Isn't it possible to have the trio of AD KD Kyrie?
1) Sign Kyrie

I want to know if it's logistically possible to do all of the above. You guys can probably fill out the details on these 2 s&t so they are fair and make sense. I think the Nets do have enough assets to get it done.

Screw AD. Why gut our team if he is free to leave next year.

Sign Kyrie, S&T for Durant and let our young guys continue to develop.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#2074 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 6, 2019 1:49 am

If its Irving and Durant, you have to do it.

I don't buy the talk about AD. I don't think we can beat a package where the Knicks can trade RJ Barrett essentially to the Pelicans.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#2075 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:08 am

drchaos wrote:
1) Sign Kyrie

Screw AD. Why gut our team if he is free to leave next year.

Sign Kyrie, S&T for Durant and let our young guys continue to develop.

AD wont be a free agent, any team who trades for him will do so with an extension in place
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#2076 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:11 am

Man im do pumped right now... at the very least it seems more likely then not we land kyrie. if all we did was land kyrie and retain russell this is an A+++++++++++++++++++ offseason for us.

There were only 5 guys who posted 21/7/4 last year... we would have 2 of them. kennys offense will look unreal with a guy like kyrie who can blow by his man and get to the rim.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#2077 » by shakendfries » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:38 am

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#2078 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:40 am

Rockice_24 wrote:
No way to get KD/Kyrie and keep Russell so forget about that.

This is factually incorrect. there are multiple ways to do it. one would be a sign and trade with the warriors. after singing kyrie and givin russell his contract.

the other would be trading crabbe, dinwiddie, harris kurucs, for pure cap in addition to renouncing everyone else.

the third would require KD to take less then his full max, which have seen before in other superteam scenarios (miami for example)

That AD trade is horrible for NO so that ain't happening either.

The nets can give the pelicans a package similar to what most stars on expiring deals go for:

Levert, Allen (young talent), crabbe (large expiring) #17, 2021 unprotected (draft picks)

Best case is we land Kyrie/KD and let Russell walk

the best case would involved Kawhi signing here. his max is less then durants and he is young then both of those guys
Next best case is we land Kyrie and trade up for a PF (Rui) or trade for Gordon

gordon would be a waste of cap who solves 0 problems
Next next base case is we land Harris and look to trade for Beal

i lvoe this
Next next next base case is we sign Harris and continue the youth movement with our picks at 17, 27, 31

yup
Worst case is we sign nobody, max Russell and can't trade up for a starting PF.

no that is not worst case. worst case is overpaying to sign guys who dont fit (randle) or are empty stats role players (mirotic) r trading for overpaid role players (porter)
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#2079 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:20 pm

1) Sign Kyrie

Boston would probably take Crabbe/Dinwiddie/Harris in a Kyrie sign and trade over losing him for nothing - at least, I would.. then you could sign KD outright..
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#2080 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:41 pm

Anyone else think if Kawhi wins in Toronto he may be more willing to leave? Kind of counterintuitive and I'd say they are going to be the odds on favorite to resign him either way, but if he wins a 2nd championship, this one elevating a team that's not the Spurs, maybe he just decides to go play in whatever city he wanted when he initially asked out of SA? Whether that's LA or NY.

If there was any way to add him to this roster that would be even better than KD.

Return to Brooklyn Nets