Knicks Expect To Receive Free Agent Meeting With Kawhi Leonard

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Knicks Expect To Receive Free Agent Meeting With Kawhi Leonard 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:41 am

The New York Knicks expect to get a meeting with Kawhi Leonard in free agency.

Leonard lived in Northern New Jersey for part of the 17-18 season while rehabbing his quad. Leonard's uncle, Dennis Robertson, is from Northern New Jersey.

Leonard and Kevin Durant play the same position and the two don't know each other well.

Leonard has been most strongly linked to the Los Angeles Clippers should he leave the Toronto Raptors.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

alienpick
Starter
And1: 614

Re: Knicks Expect To Receive Free Agent Meeting With Kawhi Leonard 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:49 am

HAHA the Knicks are funny, they don’t know how bad they are. Get rid of Dolan. Then, maybe,people can take you seriously.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:25 am

alienpick wrote:HAHA the Knicks are funny, they don’t know how bad they are. Get rid of Dolan. Then, maybe,people can take you seriously.

You just received a lifetime ban from MSG.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:53 am

BigHustle wrote:
alienpick wrote:HAHA the Knicks are funny, they don’t know how bad they are. Get rid of Dolan. Then, maybe,people can take you seriously.

Despite how bad the Knicks have been MSG is awesome... If Durant and going for legacy is definitely go to the Knicks and try and win one.. If Kawhi id go for the warm weather and somewhere I could also contend.. If Kawhi pairs with Durant or LeBron then it is instant championship.. Provided they are healthy..
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:20 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
BigHustle wrote:

Despite how bad the Knicks have been MSG is awesome... If Durant and going for legacy is definitely go to the Knicks and try and win one.. If Kawhi id go for the warm weather and somewhere I could also contend.. If Kawhi pairs with Durant or LeBron then it is instant championship.. Provided they are healthy..

Charles Barkley said it best 'Toronto is New York but cleaner and with nicer people". Kawhi is going to resign he apparently owns two homes in the city now (I'm guessing he upgraded and is selling the first place). He also owns a multi-million dollar mansion in San Diego but that is 2 hr drive away from Staples Centre assuming no traffic.If he wins a title in Toronto he will get Gretzky level following and endorsements up the wazhoo and he won't need social media or have to rap or do some other bs in order to be adored in Toronto or Canada like he would have to be in a major US market. In Toronto Kawhi can be Kawhi (robot and all) and make the most money and get the most love and hopefully win multiple championships. Raptors ownership have deep pockets and Masai Ujiri is probably the best GM in the nba after he hustled Spurs to land Kawhi and Danny Green. He also paid pennies on the dollar to Magic and Grizzlies to land Ibaka and Gasol. And he drafted and/or signed Siakam, OG and FVL despite never having a lottery pick to use. He drafted Jakob Poetl who he sent in the Kawhi trade with the 9th pick he scammed from the Knicks in the awful Andrea Bargnani trade.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#6 » by Valard » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:30 am

I also just wrote an article....

"NBA Fans grow tired of stupid articles that accomplish jack**** other than to make a sports writer gain a few clicks"
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#7 » by cheese318 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:06 am

Sam195 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
BigHustle wrote:You just received a lifetime ban from MSG.

Charles Barkley said it best 'Toronto is New York but cleaner and with nicer people". Kawhi is going to resign he apparently owns two homes in the city now (I'm guessing he upgraded and is selling the first place). He also owns a multi-million dollar mansion in San Diego but that is 2 hr drive away from Staples Centre assuming no traffic.If he wins a title in Toronto he will get Gretzky level following and endorsements up the wazhoo and he won't need social media or have to rap or do some other bs in order to be adored in Toronto or Canada like he would have to be in a major US market. In Toronto Kawhi can be Kawhi (robot and all) and make the most money and get the most love and hopefully win multiple championships. Raptors ownership have deep pockets and Masai Ujiri is probably the best GM in the nba after he hustled Spurs to land Kawhi and Danny Green. He also paid pennies on the dollar to Magic and Grizzlies to land Ibaka and Gasol. And he drafted and/or signed Siakam, OG and FVL despite never having a lottery pick to use. He drafted Jakob Poetl who he sent in the Kawhi trade with the 9th pick he scammed from the Knicks in the awful Andrea Bargnani trade.

He bought a house in LALALA Land so that story is not accurate. Also if you base things off property purchases that wouldn’t be accurate because these athletes invest their money so property would be one of those. It’s quite possible he would stay in TOR. I highly doubt it personally but when that shot bounced in it made it a lot more real. When I was watch a video with his sister made in her private home and someone close to her screams in the background about the TOR fans knowing he’s gone next year I start to smell the tea leaves a little. Everyone knew LBJ was going to LAL. I think everyone knows KL will be in LAC (I personally don’t think it’s a lock as I believe Purple/Gold is his best choice)
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#8 » by YelloC » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:01 am

This reads like it was written by a robot.
Find some decent writers and stop making non-stories into headlines. :banghead:
alienpick
Starter
And1: 614

Post#9 » by alienpick » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:49 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
BigHustle wrote:

The Knicks wasted Prime Melo, they’ll waste Prime Durant. Even LBJ knew to stay away when the Knicks cleared room for him and tried to get him. Durant won’t win a ring in NY, even if they manage somehow to get Kyrie.
hesijimbo
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,876

Post#10 » by hesijimbo » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:27 am

We know you've just been to the NBA finals, but would you consider jumping into a dumpster fire?

It's not just any dumpster fire. It's a dumpster fire in NYC.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,506

Post#11 » by shadrock » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:30 am

These guys have been huffing their own farts for so long they are start to have dilusional thoughts.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#12 » by Sam195 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:46 am

cheese318 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

He bought a house in LALALA Land so that story is not accurate. Also if you base things off property purchases that wouldn’t be accurate because these athletes invest their money so property would be one of those. It’s quite possible he would stay in TOR. I highly doubt it personally but when that shot bounced in it made it a lot more real. When I was watch a video with his sister made in her private home and someone close to her screams in the background about the TOR fans knowing he’s gone next year I start to smell the tea leaves a little. Everyone knew LBJ was going to LAL. I think everyone knows KL will be in LAC (I personally don’t think it’s a lock as I believe Purple/Gold is his best choice)

He bought in San Diego not LA lmfao. Also Lakers are bed partners with the Knicks - dysfunctional and delusional. Lebron ruined the twilight of his career signing in that dumpster fire if he was deadset on leaving Cleveland he should have gone back to Miami. It would have been a better story of him trying to honor as much of his promise of not 7 - 8 championships in the tail end of his career. He also could have kept Wade in a heat uniform for his entire career instead of offshoot stints on bulls and cavs. Pat Riley has more basketball acumen and deal making competency than Pelinka, Magic, Phil Jackson and the entire Buss family combined and then some. He likely would have been able to recruit the parts to help Lebron at worst secure 1 more title before he retired. Heck Lebron might have won another ring this season if he went to Heat and stayed in the East.
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#13 » by Richfield » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:25 pm

This article is Knicks damage control, solely for their fans, after the recent Nets news. Trying to get them to shift their hopes to somebody else. They just got done selling the Porzingis trade as a path to Kyrie and KD.

Ironically Kawhi is focused on the playoffs and articles like this at this time is a deterrent to a guy like him. And i doubt Knicks will ever be in consideration.

The meaning of “Munson” (-ed) in the film Kingpin. People will eventually be using the word Dolan in that way.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#14 » by cheese318 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:45 pm

Sam195 wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

He bought in San Diego not LA lmfao. Also Lakers are bed partners with the Knicks - dysfunctional and delusional. Lebron ruined the twilight of his career signing in that dumpster fire if he was deadset on leaving Cleveland he should have gone back to Miami. It would have been a better story of him trying to honor as much of his promise of not 7 - 8 championships in the tail end of his career. He also could have kept Wade in a heat uniform for his entire career instead of offshoot stints on bulls and cavs. Pat Riley has more basketball acumen and deal making competency than Pelinka, Magic, Phil Jackson and the entire Buss family combined and then some. He likely would have been able to recruit the parts to help Lebron at worst secure 1 more title before he retired. Heck Lebron might have won another ring this season if he went to Heat and stayed in the East.

Miami?!? That was just a reach of a statement. That team would be just as bad as LAL. He went to four championships with MIA. He won two. Should have won three but didn’t. Blame him for the first one. That’s on him but GTFO if you put anymore blame his way. Miami is not the answer. He should have gone to PHI. It was a perfect destination for him. They were flush with cap space and talented young hungry players. He would have played with the best big man of his career in Embiid. They had the ammo to go trade for Kawhi Leonard if they signed LBJ imo with all the picks and players. If not they could have gotten Butler with those same assets. Imagine they added Tobias Harris as well. Just not sure they had the salary to do all that but still PHI was the place to sign if LBJ really worried about winning. That’s obviously not the case. PG13 def made a mistake teaming up with Russ. Would have been better served with LBJ and I imagine that was his hope that PG13 would sign.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#15 » by alienchild » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:02 pm

Richfield wrote:This article is Knicks damage control, solely for their fans, after the recent Nets news. Trying to get them to shift their hopes to somebody else. They just got done selling the Porzingis trade as a path to Kyrie and KD.

Ironically Kawhi is focused on the playoffs and articles like this at this time is a deterrent to a guy like him. And i doubt Knicks will ever be in consideration.

The meaning of “Munson” (-ed) in the film Kingpin. People will eventually be using the word Dolan in that way.

Knicks are "Expecting"? I thought it was their fans that got screwed.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#16 » by Kinger95 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:07 pm

What a garbage organization. Maybe they do turn it around but to always expect everyone to sign with you after your literally one of the most incompetent franchises in pro sports is some sort of delusional entitlement
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#17 » by Wo1verine » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:26 pm

Kawhi has come Canadian in him now so he's just being polite.

You would have to be mental to join the Knicks.
BrunoSkull
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#18 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:28 pm

I don't think "expect" is a word Kawhi will appreciate being used about him.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#19 » by GBPackers47 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:54 pm

Sam195 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
BigHustle wrote:You just received a lifetime ban from MSG.

Dude owning a home in San Diego means nothing. He isn't going to live there and drive to LA. Driving just from Long Beach to Downtown LA takes an hour.

And can people quit with the "Kawahi is a robot" nonsense? Generational talent who is 100% himself. In a world where people are afraid of being themselves in fear of what others will think, we should be looking up to Kawahi. But nope. We have to s*** all over the dude because he's not what "we want" from a Superstar.

Return to Wiretap Discussion