ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,791

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread 

Post#1061 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:38 am

blue and orange wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:That's cool. It's not like the Yanks need starting pitching or anything. :lol:

Its ok well sign the next Sergio Mitre or Chad Gaudin off waivers, its better then spending some $$$ on some quality pitching :lol: .

Where's Lance Lynn? Need more Lance Lynn. And Jaime Garcia.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1062 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:43 am

Rich Rane wrote:That's cool. It's not like the Yanks need starting pitching or anything. :lol:

They're living on a prayer that Severino comes back looking like Severino.

We can't possibly survive with CC pitching less than 4 innings most starts, our bullpen will crumble.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1063 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:46 am

GEOLINK wrote:

They're living on a prayer that Severino comes back looking like Severino.

We can't possibly survive with CC pitching less than 4 innings most starts, our bullpen will crumble.

Severino and I'm guessing Montgomery? I think German has an innings limit and he's showing why he needs one. Happ is hit or miss this season and Tanaka can't find his splitter.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1064 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:10 am

Having to use Chapman in a 5 run lead game and Chad Green loads the bases in the 9th... awesome.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1065 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:34 pm

Dallas picked the braves duhhhh. He got a million more and dint have to shave his beard.

Not sure how I feel about guys coming back with the team being hot.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1066 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:34 pm

F N 11 wrote:Dallas picked the braves duhhhh. He got a million more and dint have to shave his beard.

Keuchel doesn’t doesn’t move the needle. I’m cool. I want Mad Max or StroShow tbh
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1067 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:39 pm

Mecca wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Dallas picked the braves duhhhh. He got a million more and dint have to shave his beard.

Keuchel doesn’t doesn’t move the needle. I’m cool. I want Mad Max or StroShow tbh

The farm system needs rebuilding, so I don't see as Max a possibility.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1068 » by Butch718 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:41 pm

Mecca wrote:

Yeah, who needs an innings eater when you have an injury riddled staff, an overtaxed bullpen, and a young pitcher on an innings limit?!?

I mean, does he help us win a championship? Perhaps, maybe not. That doesn't mean we couldn't have used the guy. Getting Stro or Max isn't a guarantee. A move like this helps us now, and we don't have to give up any prospects to get him.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1069 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:58 pm

Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yeah, who needs an innings eater when you have an injury riddled staff, an overtaxed bullpen, and a young pitcher on an innings limit?!?

I mean, does he help us win a championship? Perhaps, maybe not. That doesn't mean we couldn't have used the guy. Getting Stro or Max isn't a guarantee. A move like this helps us now, and we don't have to give up any prospects to get him.

Scherzer is also owed like $56 million after this year. I read somewhere that the Nationals are on the hook for the around $100 million in deferred money from years past if they do trade him, but it's difficult seeing Hal paying at least the $56 million for the remaining years on his contract.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1070 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:06 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Scherzer is also owed like $56 million after this year. I read somewhere that the Nationals are on the hook for the around $100 million in deferred money from years past if they do trade him, but it's difficult seeing Hal paying at least the $56 million for the remaining years on his contract.

That's certainly not going to happen.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1071 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:02 pm

Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Montgomery will be back in August, Severino on schedule after the ASB. The rotation can survive for another 5-6 weeks.
Brooklyn Nets
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1072 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:42 pm

What if we can finagle Ellsbury in a Max Scherzer deal. :lol:
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1073 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:58 pm

Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Montgomery will be back in August, Severino on schedule after the ASB. The rotation can survive for another 5-6 weeks.

Another 5-6 weeks is another 7-8 times through the current rotation though. The rotation is already battered/struggling enough that it has had to use openers. Then there's guys in the lineup coming back from injuries as well where it'll also take several games to get back into game shape and relying on pitching to cover that up.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1074 » by Butch718 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:06 pm

Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Why would you risk it and overwork the bullpen? CC and Paxton can go down at any time.

Sorry, but I don't understand why anyone would be against signing Keuchel to a 1 year incentive laden deal. Worse case scenario, he doesn't pan out. Best case scenario, he eats a ton of innings and does what JA Happ did last year for us.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1075 » by Butch718 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:07 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

Another 5-6 weeks is another 7-8 times through the current rotation though. The rotation is already battered/struggling enough that it has had to use openers. Then there's guys in the lineup coming back from injuries as well where it'll also take several games to get back into game shape and relying on pitching to cover that up.

Exactly. It would have been a low risk, high reward signing.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1076 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:16 pm

Butch718 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Because if you make that trade, you eliminate yourself from making a move at any high priced starter at the deadline with Lux Tax.

Also, Keuchel is going to take 2 weeks to get ready.
Brooklyn Nets
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1077 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:17 pm

Congrats to Masa. Not sure who makes the spot start (Adams, maybe?)

Read on Twitter
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1078 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:57 pm

Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Because if you make that trade, you eliminate yourself from making a move at any high priced starter at the deadline with Lux Tax.

I'll be very surprised if Yanks can even go after a starter at the deadline without being outbid with our weakened farm, let alone going after a high priced starter at all with Hal.

As far as Severino and Montgomery go, how long do you think it'll take for them to get in game shape? Unlike Keuchel, they're coming back from injuries. Our medical and conditioning staff isn't exactly amazing either, particularly this season.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1079 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:00 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

I'll be very surprised if Yanks can even go after a starter at the deadline without being outbid with our weakened farm, let alone going after a high priced starter at all with Hal.

As far as Severino and Montgomery go, how long do you think it'll take for them to get in game shape? Unlike Keuchel, they're coming back from injuries. Our medical and conditioning staff isn't exactly amazing either, particularly this season.

Severino? Late July. Montgomery? Mid August.
Brooklyn Nets
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1080 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:05 pm

Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Severino? Late July. Montgomery? Mid August.

Again, that's a hell of a long time for this current rotation.

Return to New York Knicks