Would you play in the NBA Finals if you were Kevin Durant

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Re: Would you play in the NBA Finals... 

Post#21 » by Raps1103 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:25 am

trix17 wrote:Pretty simple in my eyes, this is the peak of your sport. If the doc clears you, you play. He's got a strained calf muscle... even if he re-injures it he's not losing his long term health or a big long contract. Calf strains or tears are not career altering injuries.

Unless it’s the Spurs doctors!! Then you might need a second opinion... just sayin’
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#22 » by mtron929 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:26 am

A fitting end to Durant's GSW career would be if he comes back in Game 4 when the Warriors are up 3:0 in the series. And they go onto win that game, and he becomes a 3 times champion. That would be the microcosm of KD's tenure with the Warriors.
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer
And1: 872

Post#23 » by Deadpool Raptor » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:15 am

I think it's as relative a concern as any. If I was Klay Thompson I wouldn't have risked tweaking that hamstring.
Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Post#24 » by Krazykiwi » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:23 am

Krazykiwi wrote:
Optms wrote:If he doesn't play and Dubs win the chip, he'll never hear the end of it. And frankly, the critics would be right.

His only option is to play so the few who actually like KD can say "Oh look the Dubs needed KD to beat the Raptors" when in reality, we all know the Dubs as is will still beat the Raptors. Just like they destroyed the Rockets and Blazers.

The Dubs without KD are actually impossible to guard for a full 48. KD is only a luxury in close games with under 1 minute. GS doesn't need him.

You are crazy. Without Kd, warriors lose this series. Curry needs Kd far more than Kd needs him in the finals .

And you wonder why I said some of the Curry fanboys are the most delusional homers in recent sports history .
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer

Re: Would you play in the NBA Finals if you were Kevin Durant 

Post#25 » by Deadpool Raptor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:22 pm

I should be charging for this guidance. Google me.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,044

Post#26 » by Lalouie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Deadpool Raptor wrote:...if you were Kevin Durant?

If I was Durant's people I would talk him out of it. Why risk a career threatening injury? He's already won with this team and if he does take a serious injury he's missing out on signing a huge long term deal that will take him into his 30s.

Also the following article says he is looking for a huge contact.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/kevin-durant-wants-much-money-i-can-next-free-agency-contract%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjM-8PExrriAhWy1lkKHcgCBnIQFjAOegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1DbRPESfnGILxWAMGeiWRn&ampcf=1

Also I want the Raptors to win the championship.

well, the subject line says "if you were kd,,,," but you say "I would talk him out of it " lol

IF I'M KD I PLAY. this is what I play for. this is why I get paid in one year what 10 families make in their lifetime. and I play because my second family needs me. I'm not playing the 24th game of the season. it's for the championship!!!
Lenneth
Rookie
And1: 1,782

Post#27 » by Lenneth » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm

If I were in KD's shoes (and not knowing what would happen in game 5), I would play. I mean, I know my calf would blow up anytime, but it will heal during the offseason and won't affect max contract I would get. I might not feel 100%, but 70% should be good enough to contribute... That would be my thought, and the same goes to Thompson, Cousin and Looney.
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#28 » by Klayforspicy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 pm

I would want to play for my own conscious and ego but id be expecting my team to stop me and reassure me about the long term hazards
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#29 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm

If I was Durant's people I would talk him out of it. Why risk a career threatening injury? He's already won with this team and if he does take a serious injury he's missing out on signing a huge long term deal that will take him into his 30s.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/kevin-durant-wants-much-money-i-can-next-free-agency-contract%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjM-8PExrriAhWy1lkKHcgCBnIQFjAOegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1DbRPESfnGILxWAMGeiWRn&ampcf=1

There is no way anyone can answer this unless you provide the specifics of what the input you are receiving from the medical professionals. So if you have KD's medical files and are willing to go to jail for violating HIPAA regulations, then please post those documents and conversations so that people can actually try to answer your question. If you refuse to post them, then this is just another pointless thread.
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by Deadpool Raptor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Samurai wrote:

There is no way anyone can answer this unless you provide the specifics of what the input you are receiving from the medical professionals. So if you have KD's medical files and are willing to go to jail for violating HIPAA regulations, then please post those documents and conversations so that people can actually try to answer your question. If you refuse to post them, then this is just another pointless thread.

Is this a serious answer? He was clearly injured, he immediately injured it after coming back (this thread was posted in May).

The only conclusion I draw is that I should be repping players instead of the goofs that let Durant come back.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#31 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Deadpool Raptor wrote:
Samurai wrote:

Is this a serious answer? He was clearly injured, he immediately injured it after coming back (this thread was posted in May).

The only conclusion I draw is that I should be repping players instead of the goofs that let Durant come back.

You are partially correct. He clearly injured his calf. Both the team doctors and Durant's own doctors reviewed the data and concluded that he was not any more at risk for a more serious injury (such as an Achilles) based on the nature of his calf injury. He did not immediately re-injure his calf - it was his Achilles.
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by Deadpool Raptor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Samurai wrote:
Deadpool Raptor wrote:
Samurai wrote:There is no way anyone can answer this unless you provide the specifics of what the input you are receiving from the medical professionals. So if you have KD's medical files and are willing to go to jail for violating HIPAA regulations, then please post those documents and conversations so that people can actually try to answer your question. If you refuse to post them, then this is just another pointless thread.

You are partially correct. He clearly injured his calf. Both the team doctors and Durant's own doctors reviewed the data and concluded that he was not any more at risk for a more serious injury (such as an Achilles) based on the nature of his calf injury. He did not immediately re-injure his calf - it was his Achilles.

Going back to the OP, it was a horrific decision to come back. I would have never done it... for who? Fans who have talked **** about him? Media who have talked **** about him? For you Samurai? FOR YOU?!

Besides the injury, he was obviously hobbled and would be a liability on the floor, he had a month off and had to jump back into the playoffs.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#33 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Deadpool Raptor wrote:
Samurai wrote:
Deadpool Raptor wrote:

Going back to the OP, it was a horrific decision to come back. I would have never done it... for who? Fans who have talked **** about him? Media who have talked **** about him? For you Samurai? FOR YOU?!

Besides the injury, he was obviously hobbled and would be a liability on the floor, he had a month off and had to jump back into the playoffs.

I am not a Warriors player. According to the reporters who are with the team, KD was "sick to his stomach" that he couldn't be on the floor with his brothers. So my guess is that he wanted to do it for his teammates. Most certainly not FOR YOU!!
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#34 » by The_Hater » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Krazykiwi wrote:
Krazykiwi wrote:
Optms wrote:If he doesn't play and Dubs win the chip, he'll never hear the end of it. And frankly, the critics would be right.

His only option is to play so the few who actually like KD can say "Oh look the Dubs needed KD to beat the Raptors" when in reality, we all know the Dubs as is will still beat the Raptors. Just like they destroyed the Rockets and Blazers.

The Dubs without KD are actually impossible to guard for a full 48. KD is only a luxury in close games with under 1 minute. GS doesn't need him.

You are crazy. Without Kd, warriors lose this series. Curry needs Kd far more than Kd needs him in the finals .

And you wonder why I said some of the Curry fanboys are the most delusional homers in recent sports history .

Perhaps they need each other just as they did in 2018 but if we’re going to pick sides, I’m very certain that Curry has won more championships without Durant then the other way around. And he could still get another one here.

So are you 100% certain that bolded statement above is true?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#35 » by My2CentsR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am

If I were a practical, 43 year old man supporting a family with a middle class income, I would do the reasonable thing by sitting out and considering my long-term health and career.

But these are all hypercompetitive, mega rich players at the height of their careers. They're in their 20s and early 30s and don't know if they'll make another final championship game again. They're probably still hyped about their dynasty, frustrated with naysayers, and hoping to beat all odds with a Michael Jordan flu game. I would absolutely be playing if I were him. Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,309

Post#36 » by Ambrose » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 am

100%. Screw playing for a new contract. It's a championship. You play.

Return to The General Board