ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread 

Post#1081 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:18 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
I'll be very surprised if Yanks can even go after a starter at the deadline without being outbid with our weakened farm, let alone going after a high priced starter at all with Hal.

As far as Severino and Montgomery go, how long do you think it'll take for them to get in game shape? Unlike Keuchel, they're coming back from injuries. Our medical and conditioning staff isn't exactly amazing either, particularly this season.

Severino? Late July. Montgomery? Mid August.

Again, that's a hell of a long time for this current rotation.

Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

Who’s spot is Keuchel taking right now?
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,790

Post#1082 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:33 pm

Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Severino? Late July. Montgomery? Mid August.

Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

German has an innings limit. CC can't hold it together for a full season. Happ has been hit or miss. He, Tanaka, and CC are gonna and have needed rest days. I'd honestly have slot in Keuchel and have CC spot start on rest days.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1083 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:44 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

German has an innings limit. CC can't hold it together for a full season. Happ has been hit or miss. He, Tanaka, and CC are gonna and have needed rest days. I'd honestly have slot in Keuchel and have CC spot start on rest days.

When Severino comes back, you give CC and Tanaka rest days. When Montgomery comes back, you limit German’s innings.
Brooklyn Nets
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1084 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:33 pm

Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

When Severino comes back, you give CC and Tanaka rest days. When Montgomery comes back, you limit German’s innings.

You really think with our medical and conditioning staff that both will not suffer any setbacks and come back without any complications? Weren't you also implying that Yanks should make a move for a pitcher at the deadline?
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1085 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:46 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

You really think with our medical and conditioning staff that both will not suffer any setbacks and come back without any complications? Weren't you also implying that Yanks should make a move for a pitcher at the deadline?

Ideally, because I want a needle mover. Keuchel doesn’t move a needle. We can survive if that’s the goal. I rather save the chips for a needle mover
Brooklyn Nets
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#1086 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:56 pm

Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Ideally, because I want a needle mover. Keuchel doesn’t move a needle. We can survive if that’s the goal. I rather save the chips for a needle mover

What would it take to get Max Scherzer?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1087 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:07 am

Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yanks were just outbid by like $2 million. I will be absolutely shocked if they go after Scherzer. Yanks will likely be outbid again in prospects for Stroman if he's made available. Keuchel, I was hoping at the very minimum could eat innings. If he couldn't, it's just over half a season on his contract.

As for the current rotation, we just simply see it differently. I see a higher risk of implosion than I'd like to see.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1088 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:18 am

Appleshampoo wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Scherzer after this season:
2020 - $28,777,759 base salary/$7,142,857 signing bonus
2021 - $27,360,623 base salary/$7,142,857 signing bonus

Think the Yankees are over the luxury tax this year. Repeat offending is 30% next year, 40% the year after. I'm not emotionally invested at all the team will make a run at him.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1089 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:21 am

Appleshampoo wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

More money than Hal is willing to spend.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,600

Post#1090 » by bishnykfan » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:33 am

Washington would have to eat a lot of Scherzer’s contract for sure in any deal with the Yankees. But considering how bad they are, his age and how much the owe him, I could see a deal where the Nats eat some salary to move that contract.

Madison Bumgarner is a pretty good plan B if that doesn’t happen. Stroman or someone else that pops up will be available also.

Kuechel didn’t have a great year last year and pitchers who miss as much time to start the year as he has do not have a great track record recently. I’d have taken Kuechel, but I agree with Mecca, it’s not the end of the world missing out on him.

When the time comes the Yankees will make a move for a pitcher.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1091 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:56 am

That's 3 consecutive bad starts from German.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1092 » by GEOLINK » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:54 am

Rich Rane wrote:That's 3 consecutive bad starts from German.

He's crashing back down to earth fast.

Sad a couple of millions stopped them from getting Keuchel.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#1093 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:06 am

GEOLINK wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:That's 3 consecutive bad starts from German.

He's crashing back down to earth fast.

Sad a couple of millions stopped them from getting Keuchel.

Right? As if this wasn't expected from German.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,236

Post#1094 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:34 pm

We have some solid pitching but we NEED an ace. who can move the needle that will be available? I'm thinking Stroman. He's a competitor and he's proven he can pitch in the tough ALE and he's from NY.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1095 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:48 pm

Papi_swav wrote:We have some solid pitching but we NEED an ace. who can move the needle that will be available? I'm thinking Stroman. He's a competitor and he's proven he can pitch in the tough ALE and he's from NY.

Farm's weakened through graduates and trades. Yankees will be paying a premium because same division and because it's the Yankees. I expect they'll be outbid or drop out of the race for him.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,236

Post#1096 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:02 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:We have some solid pitching but we NEED an ace. who can move the needle that will be available? I'm thinking Stroman. He's a competitor and he's proven he can pitch in the tough ALE and he's from NY.

Farm's weakened through graduates and trades. Yankees will be paying a premium because same division and because it's the Yankees. I expect they'll be outbid or drop out of the race for him.

Yea our farm system is not a strong as it was... who else do u think we can get and who else do you think will move the needle?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1097 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1098 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:20 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Yea our farm system is not a strong as it was... who else do u think we can get and who else do you think will move the needle?

Anyone that can move the needle is gonna cost a lot in prospects and/or money. I honestly don't know who they have a shot at with the rate Hal's not spending. I'm almost resigning myself to a Lance Lynn/Jaime Garcia type again if they do look at the market. If not, an in-house promotion with Chance Adams again.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1099 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:32 pm

Another Yankees starting pitcher with a bad start.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#1100 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:45 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Another Yankees starting pitcher with a bad start.

Eventually their starting pitching issues were going to catch up, through the inherent fragility of the staff - Tanaka, Paxton, CC - And an unforeseen issue with Severino just made it worse.

Kind of irresponsible of the FO to not go after a pitcher when it's fairly apparent Severino was likely out for most if not all of the year, when it's guys like CC and Paxton, and some degree, Tanaka, behind him.

German pitching well above his ability/scouting report for a while covered it up. And he has an innings limited anyway.

I guess the Yanks will dumpster dive for a Lynn or Shields later on, which is a shame.

Return to New York Knicks