Spurs Interested in Boggie

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Tomhomes33
Rookie
And1: 795

Spurs Interested in Boggie 

Post#1 » by Tomhomes33 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:12 pm

San Antonio Spurs identified Bojan Bogdanovic as their target this summer,
They might be looking to trade DeRozan as well and free his salary as he is free agent next year.

Should Pacers sign and trade Boggie plus filler for DeRozan?
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Re: Spurs Interested in Boggie 

Post#2 » by Vorda » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:19 pm

We should go for De Rozean... he will be great impact to our tram

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#3 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:38 pm

I'd rather keep Bojan TBH.

I was expecting a bidding war for Bojan so the Spurs' interest doesn't really surprise me. But I still hope the bidding war doesn't get out of hand.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,234

Post#4 » by boomershadow » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm hoping his comments about not liking to change teams end up being true.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#5 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:03 pm

well if we're going for a max contract guy, I'd prefer DeRozan to Kemba. he even gets a vote from Vorba over a European player which could be a first.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#6 » by Vorda » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:17 pm

Wizop wrote:well if we're going for a max contract guy, I'd prefer DeRozan to Kemba. he even gets a vote from Vorba over a European player which could be a first.
DeRozan is better player than Bogie... Bojan is my homie but if there is a chance to sign Marcus we should take it

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#7 » by Lazlo4D » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:17 pm

So could we trade for Mike Conley (maybe # 18 & and future protected FRP)
AND THEN S & T (with bird rights) Bojan for Demar DeRozan ? Would that fit salary cap wise?

That would be a interesting team with playoff experience:
Oladipo, Conley, DeRozan, Turner, Sabonis, Holiday, Sumner, McDermott, TJ Leaf...
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:17 pm

I think I’d rather have Bojan and the extra $10m in cap room for a Pat Beverley to be honest, if I had to choose between the two.

I’m also just not sure how much you can play DeMar with other non long range shooters like Dom. I think this kind of deal either puts Dom on the bench, and only playing when DeMar isn’t, or it forces Dom to okay on the perimeter like he did his rookie year in OkC, which clearly wasn’t his strength.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:28 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:So could we trade for Mike Conley (maybe # 18 & and future protected FRP)
AND THEN S & T (with bird rights) Bojan for Demar DeRozan ? Would that fit salary cap wise?

Oladipo, Conley, DeRozan, Turner, Sabonis, Holiday, Sumner, McDermott, TJ Leaf...

Bojan cannot be signed for a salary big enough to be dealt in a trade for DeRozan. We’d have to include Doug to match salaries. But yes, the mechanics work that those deals could happen. However, after those deals, you have the lineup you listed, minus Doug, and only the room exception of $4.7m and veteran minimum exception salaries to add 5 more players to the roster. Harder then next year, you have to re sign Dom Sabonis and avoid the luxury tax. If Dom signs for as low as Myles did, you’re looking at around $8m total under the luxury tax to try and keep Sumner/Alize if they’re worth keeping, and fill another 4-5 roster spots, which is VERY tight.

Essentially, you’d have Conley, DeRozan, Oladipo, and Myles combine to make $100m. You’d have less than $30-35m each season to fill out the remaining 11 roster spots. That’s tight financial business.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#10 » by Boneman2 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:50 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:So could we trade for Mike Conley (maybe # 18 & and future protected FRP)

No reason in hades why Indy should give 2 firsts, especially an unprotected one, and $32m in cap space for an overpaid player like Conley. Hoosier ties end if a situation is detrimental to the Pacers.

Scoot McGroot wrote:I think I’d rather have Bojan and the extra $10m in cap room for a Pat Beverley to be honest, if I had to choose between the two.

I’m also just not sure how much you can play DeMar with other non long range shooters like Dom. I think this kind of deal either puts Dom on the bench, and only playing when DeMar isn’t, or it forces Dom to okay on the perimeter like he did his rookie year in OkC, which clearly wasn’t his strength.

I don't think DeMar would alter what we do offensively to the extent that he would alter our defense. Bojan is much stronger so he can handle bigger wings that would blow by Demar. Either way I agree that Bojan (-$10m) > Derozan. Now with Oladipo out of the picture Demar would make a lot more sense next to Bogie.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:59 pm

In the hypothetical where we get DeRozan, I think you play him with Oladipo in the back court. I don't think you can play him at the 3 with Oladipo and a point guard who is gonna need the ball too.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:30 pm

boomershadow wrote:In the hypothetical where we get DeRozan, I think you play him with Oladipo in the back court. I don't think you can play him at the 3 with Oladipo and a point guard who is gonna need the ball too.

Then I doubly hate the concept, as I don't love the idea of playing Oladipo out of position and out of his mindset for most of his games.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#13 » by boomershadow » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:26 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
boomershadow wrote:In the hypothetical where we get DeRozan, I think you play him with Oladipo in the back court. I don't think you can play him at the 3 with Oladipo and a point guard who is gonna need the ball too.

Then I doubly hate the concept, as I don't love the idea of playing Oladipo out of position and out of his mindset for most of his games.
DD was basically the Spurs' main play maker this year, so you could even call him the point guard over Oladipo in that scenario. It would definitely fall in line with the Pacers pattern of having a double combo guard back court.

Still, I don't think I want to see this happen or think it has much chance of happening. It's an interesting idea though.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#14 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:50 pm

Spurs aren't stupid. if they are trying to get out from under his contract, I tend to believe we shouldn't take it on.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#15 » by pacers33granger » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:05 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Nate would also love his mid range prowess and it would give him an excuse to run a similar offensive system instead of adapting. So you should triply hate it.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#16 » by ahartleyvu » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 pm

DD can’t shoot, not a great fit in my opinion
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#17 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:34 pm

I have no doubt Bojan would be amazing in the Spurs system.

Return to Indiana Pacers